Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone here should actually start compiling a list of people that ordere armour, the amount they payed and what is still owed by MIMIC. That way you can have an overview of the total amount of money that's involved. If I was on the list, I'd gladly take up this task, but I think someone involved should do this.
Crookknight has tried and I think done a pretty good job considering, we don't know how many exactly have paid for armour if they don't chime in and let the thread know that they are on the run.
Only one who knows everything is mimic and God.

Maybe someone here should actually start compiling a list of people that ordere armour, the amount they payed and what is still owed by MIMIC. That way you can have an overview of the total amount of money that's involved. If I was on the list, I'd gladly take up this task, but I think someone involved should do this.

See Post #1,955 above.

- although, never mind.... Badges2nz pretty much answered that. :lol:

All I wish is that MIMIC would sign on more than once every 2 to 3 weeks. I know he does not read this, but everyday i get more frustrated. I am trying not to, but I cannot help it. If he lived in the USA, I would have already driven to his house to have a conversation with him. I have never dealt with someone so dishonest and I do not know how to handle it.

I guess I will just be quiet for a while and be like MIMIC and check this thread about every 2 to 3 weeks.

I emailed Mimic about a full refund and never heard back. Fortunately I made two separate payments to MIMIC and was able to get the second payment back from paypal as it was still in the 6 month period.

It seems MIMIC does want to finish run though, otherwise he wouldn't keep checking in, albeit infrequently.

I run my own non-prop business, so I can totally understand lack of motivation in off hours as a legit excuse, so I am very forgiving about timelines, but it has gotten out of hand:/ I'm down with finishing a kit, too, if helpful. (I'm that blank spot #2 on the list if anyone cares ). At this point, I totally plan on giving MIMIC more money for this kit if it shows up, since we all got it at a steal of a price, and in hope that some extra $$$ may help speed up the funding of materials to make armor for those down the line, but I'm not sending anything til the rest of the armor is in hand.

I'm mostly frustrated that I made a deal with myself that I cant buy any new props until all outstanding purchases are recieved:( I haven't been able to buy anything new on the RPF until this one is closed:( I have seen so many things that I want, but I used to buy something every week, so I need to stick to my guns to show I can

In other words.... I need this armor so I can buy more props and costumes!!!!

Well, considering that MIMIC has only gotten online 1 time in the last 30 days... I think it is obvious that either he has no intention of finishing this or he is going to string it out forever... Regardless, both options suck.

I think I'm just going to give up on this already. I did try to chalk it up as a loss, but the hype keeps coming in slightly so I get hopeful. I'm sick of feeling hopeful, and I'll just come to terms that I got screwed over yet again. I've been frequently checking the updates on here and it seems to just stay in the negative. Maybe I can get lucky and find some decent files and I can 3D print the rest to have a cool statue lol. I definitely won't be jumping on runs so quickly as I did this one.

Maybe a moderator can step in and give MIMIC one last warning: he has to check this thread multiple times a week and address questions of buyers, or he will be banned on all Movie Prop Sites. Something like that? If that also does not work, I guess MIMIC really is not intending on getting things deliverd.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this really is becoming a joke. There is no reason what so ever that MIMIC could not log in here a few times a week and answer some questions...

Even now that the period for paypal to file a complaint is passed for most people, I would advice to CALL Paypal and explain te situation and tell them that A LOT more people will call with the same story. You probably will not get a refund, but if PayPal gets enough complaints about a user, they will take action (maybe even legal one), and close down MIMIC's PayPal account.

Last edited:
Maybe a moderator can step in and give MIMIC one last warning: he has to check this thread multiple times a week and address questions of buyers, or he will be banned on all Movie Prop Sites. Something like that? If that also does not work, I guess MIMIC really is not intending on getting things deliverd.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this really is becoming a joke. There is no reason what so ever that MIMIC could not log in here a few times a week and answer some questions...

Even now that the period for paypal to file a complaint is passed for most people, I would advice to CALL Paypal and explain te situation and tell them that A LOT more people will call with the same story. You probably will not get a refund, but if PayPal gets enough complaints about a user, they will take action (maybe even legal one), and close down MIMIC's PayPal account.

It sounds like what we need to do is kind of like a class action lawsuit. We all communicate on the day and time to call call PayPal to report the same issue. And let them know how many of us there are.

I would love if you could moderate. The only problem is that mimic only gets online once every 2 to 3 weeks long enough to post some useless message. From what I can tell he really does not read the messages between each post. Looks like he glances over them and complains and it gives us the usual crap update. If he’s never on line to check I don’t know how easy it would be to moderate.

Since I don't have a part in this run, I don't think I'm the best person to organize something. I only replied in this thread because I had only positive experiences with MIMIC, bought several props from him, which were all of absolutely fantastic quality. It really is a shame that this run has turned this way, destroying MIMIC's reputation completely. At first I thought it had to do with just a lack of time and things would turn out OK with just a few months delay, but the more I followed this thread, the more I got the impression that MIMIC indeed is stretching all this, keeping communication at a minimum (just enough to not get banned), and I'm really doubting that anyone will see (the rest of) their armour.

So I can only say what we did with SD Studios back in the days. Personally I "harassed" SD Studios until I got a refund, but dozens of people never got refunded. Quality of SD Studios work was also fantastic. So this is the second time I see a talented propmaker waste this talent by getting into something they can't handle, and then abandoning ship...

Last edited:
Maybe a moderator can step in and give MIMIC one last warning: if has to check this thread multiple times a week and address questions of buyers, or he will be banned on all Movie Prop Sites. Something like that? If that also does not work, I guess MIMIC really is not intending on getting things deliverd.

Even now that the period for paypal to file a complaint is passed for most people, I would advice to CALL Paypal and explain te situation and tell them that A LOT more people will call with the same story. You probably will not get a refund, but if PayPal gets enough complaints about a user, they will take action (maybe even legal one), and close
Since I don't have a part in this run, I don't think I'm the best person to organize something. I only replied in this thread because I had only positive experiences with MIMI, bought several props from hem, which were all of absolutely fantastic quality. It really is a shame that this run has turned this way, destroying MIMIC reputation completely. At first I thought it had to do with just a lack of time and things would turn out OK with just a few months delay, but the more I followed this thread, the more I got the impression that MIMIC indeed is stretching all this, keeping communication at a minimum (just enough to not get banned), and I'm really doubting that anyone will see (the rest of) their armour.

So I can only say what we did with SD Studios back in the days. Personally I "harassed" SD Studios until I got a refund, but dozens of people never got refunded. Quality of SD Studios work was also fantastic. So this is the second time I see a talented propmaker waste this talent by getting into something they can't handle, and then abandoning ship...
All I want is either the armour that I've paid for and waited a long time for or a full refund. The way things stand at this moment in time is I'm more likely to see the titanic resume her journey than getting anything from mimic.

Well, the week is not over yet, but it would suprise me if he would keep his promise. I do hope so for you, but I doubt it... :(. Let us know if you receive anything! If you do get a refund, maybe there is some good will left...

While everyone is waiting on an fotk heres a first order costume to make. First order Janitor bet you can get done before mimic
IMG_20190627_184345_386.jpg

Figured I would check to see if MIMIC has been online since his last post on June 19th... Do not know why I thought he would have cared enough to check his sales thread...Obviously, he has not been on-line since his last post. Just his usual pop on for a couple of minutes and pop-off for a couple of weeks.

This sucks.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back