Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Sr Member
1 PLACE OPEN
Im very proud to be able to announce we are doing a small run.

Every single part is being painstakingly built by hand and from scratch.

We are finishing each piece to a high standard, every edge and tiny detail is being worked to perfection. THIS IS NOT IN KIT FORM, these parts are going to be produced in a high quality fibreglass cloth with a perfect gel coat surface. This sale is for completely finished full sets of armour parts.

Everyone in on the run would not only be welcome but encouraged to have as much input as they like, if we miss something or somethings really off and its agreed here of course we will change it! We will do our best within reason to fulfill everyones requirements.

THIS RUN PRICE IS £925 GBP or equivalent for a limited time plus shipping.

Delivery within the UK is free. Delivery is available worldwide. Other locations may require a small charge. But we will do it as fairly as possible.

This is is the progress so far...

IMG_5306.JPGIMG_5573.JPGIMG_5571.JPGA6B27BF8-5015-409D-9A68-142849BE7D56.jpeg
_20170225_195632.JPG460341A2-387B-4F8F-8DF4-F680B5E8177B.jpeg36B49281-A490-4A7E-9D41-0F993C606541.jpeg0952527B-C15B-4871-A0C0-B22E9CC80514.jpeg3F7A428F-D4E3-4E4E-842B-C715FCB45EFC.jpeg222796B8-57D0-4E81-82D7-3C111320B07D.jpegE7C3CE3B-6A76-43E0-8F0C-98FF103871C4.jpeg9E33F5F0-4654-4EEE-AF09-66C47C9C35CE.jpegB84AE460-DD6F-4329-BC71-C9E74DDDD05A.jpeg
_20170225_195028.JPG_20170225_194936.JPG_20170225_194911.JPG
Thank you for looking!

_20170225_195632.JPG

_20170225_195028.JPG

_20170225_194936.JPG

_20170225_194911.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5573.JPG

A6B27BF8-5015-409D-9A68-142849BE7D56.jpeg

B84AE460-DD6F-4329-BC71-C9E74DDDD05A.jpeg

E7C3CE3B-6A76-43E0-8F0C-98FF103871C4.jpeg

3F7A428F-D4E3-4E4E-842B-C715FCB45EFC.jpeg

460341A2-387B-4F8F-8DF4-F680B5E8177B.jpeg

222796B8-57D0-4E81-82D7-3C111320B07D.jpeg

36B49281-A490-4A7E-9D41-0F993C606541.jpeg

0952527B-C15B-4871-A0C0-B22E9CC80514.jpeg

9E33F5F0-4654-4EEE-AF09-66C47C9C35CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: First order stormtrooper full fibreglass armour

Any input appreciated, here or feel free to send a PM
Thank you.

Last edited:

As someone who's built two FO costumes, one fiberglass and one ABS, I can say that yes the price is too high given whats available now. Not bashing you, just answering your question. People like Jimmiroquai have done a lot to prove the value of their armor; the flexibility and showing off his sculpting work. With his latest Shore trooper armor he's done some enhancements to make it lighter while remaining strong. So I think price-wise you'll need to be in the $700-900 US dollar range and you'll need to create some videos showing the durability of the armor as well as uploading some hi-res photos. I feel like fiberglass is great for someone who doesn't want to do the assembly work required with ABS kits, but at the same time ABS is much lighter and less likely to crack. Also, I think fiberglass sells well when the armor is in low supply, such as when the movie first releases, but as time goes on ABS versions become available at a lower cost.

Hey UT trooper, thanks so much for your input! Honestly, I could not appreciate your honesty more.
With this armour I was really wanting to go for a high end finish, the parts before moulding were going to be essentially bodyshopped, sprayed gloss black, flatted and polished to a high gloss until there are absolutely no flaws in the surface, no wobbles or bumps that reflect badly. And then the final pieces will have a high standard gelcoat finish with glass cloth templates laid in rather rather than just chopped strand matting. We worked this all out on the chest piece and have a piece of armour that's stronger, lighter, more flexible and durable that any other version we tried and has a beautiful even white highly detailed surface.
I'll get some photos to demonstrate the flexibility, if the build time was extended we could definitely lower the price significantly, so I guess I'll try this and also to demonstrate the quality of product better with photos and if I can videos.

So, is anyone with me at a lower price but longer build time?

Thanks again UT, and anyone else who looks!
:)

Last edited:
Re: First order stormtrooper armour, **REDUCED **

Woah, I didn't realize you were painting the armor as well. For that reason, a higher price makes sense. I don't think there is anyone out there who is delivering a painted kit today.

The armor is looking great. Here are few things I see other than the obvious (missing ab boxes, belt boxes, TD, hand plates, butt):
1. The cod is wrong. It looks great, and would be cool if it were built like this, but the cod in the movie doesn't look like that.
2. The middle of the chest on the side look to have a point when they should be more rounded
3. Top of the thighs look good, but be careful with showing too much of the undersuit. Another vendor had this problem and updated their molds to cover more of the top of the leg.
4. With the shoulder-back-yolk area we've had issues with it cracking on other kits. Might want to reinforce that area if not done so already.

Can't wait to see the finished product

Last edited:

_20170227_162114.JPG _20170227_162042.JPG
_20170227_162013.JPG
_20170227_161954.JPG
_20170227_161921.JPG
_20170227_161851.JPG
_20170227_161809.JPG
_20170227_161745.JPG

So here are some pics showing just how flexible high quality fibreglass can be. This is the biggest difference between this armour and other glass products, chopped strand is brittle, cheaper, and super fast to lay whereas the cloth all needs cutting exactly to templates and carefully laying. It takes so much more time to build this way but makes a superior product.

Also the surface is a gelcoat. Again FAR superior to a painted surface. For anyone who doesn't know what that surface is like think of the surface of a Boat or bath tub had. Super hard, very high quality.

Okay so I've dropped the price by increasing the build time, come on guys we only need a couple of people to jump on this?
Thanks again :)

Hmm very temping if it all comes finished. If I was in the UK I would for sure but I'll let you know

What size is this scaled for? Are gaskets and belt included? What is approximately shipping to the US?

What size is this scaled for? Are gaskets and belt included? What is approximately shipping to the US?

Hey, Shipping to US is approximately £40 and it is scaled to a person of average build and a height of 6' but as you can see hopefully in the pics there is a good degree of flexibility that will allow it to fit troopers a little bigger and a little smaller.
No gasket, or belt are included, but all the white hard armour parts are and supplied 100% finished including all ammo boxes and belt accessories. Thank you.

Last edited:

Woah, I didn't realize you were painting the armor as well. For that reason, a higher price makes sense. I don't think there is anyone out there who is delivering a painted kit today.

The armor is looking great. Here are few things I see other than the obvious (missing ab boxes, belt boxes, TD, hand plates, butt):
1. The cod is wrong. It looks great, and would be cool if it were built like this, but the cod in the movie doesn't look like that.
2. The middle of the chest on the side look to have a point when they should be more rounded
3. Top of the thighs look good, but be careful with showing too much of the undersuit. Another vendor had this problem and updated their molds to cover more of the top of the leg.
4. With the shoulder-back-yolk area we've had issues with it cracking on other kits. Might want to reinforce that area if not done so already.

Can't wait to see the finished product

Hey thanks for your input!
The cod piece is wrong as it sits. Yes it's not been worked on as much as other parts yet so getting there.
Not sure about which part of the chest you mean, the groove detail?
I'll do a test mould of the thighs and hopefully from that you can help me decide whether it needs a little adding to make it smarter, happy to do that.
And yeah I found the week spot on top of the shoulders, we'll start by doubling reinforcement above the shoulders and go from there, it may help if I run some glass rovings in the edging aswell, as that won't add any weight at all.

Thanks again! Keep it coming :D

Okay, I'm in pending the price you go with - 700 sterling is easier to take a chance on than 850 sterling:)

Okay, the run is ON.
Bigkilo has spot #1, Thank you very much.

UT trooper, you were correct, I actually printed some 1:1 reference images and have adjusted the top of the thigh accordingly as you can see in the pics. Happy to make changes where we need to if we see what you're seeing.

_20170228_195106.JPG_20170228_195037.JPG

So final price on this run is £700 plus shipping and a MAXIMUM OF 5 places only at that price.

Now, who's going to take spot #2?? :D

Last edited:
Re: First order stormtrooper armour, ** RUN NOW OPEN **

I might be in for this seeing that is going to be finished Gloss white, my question is can you shoot some pictures of the armor from the side view, or give us some idea of the thickness.
I had a set from jim of his fiberglass armor and I sold it because for me it was too thick as well as the back side was itchy from the fiber glass. If yours is thinner, and will not itch me,
I'll probably be in. So far looks spectacular!!
Thanks,
AL

I might be in for this seeing that is going to be finished Gloss white, my question is can you shoot some pictures of the armor from the side view, or give us some idea of the thickness.
I had a set from jim of his fiberglass armor and I sold it because for me it was too thick as well as the back side was itchy from the fiber glass. If yours is thinner, and will not itch me,
Thanks,
AL

You could always line the inside with felt to cover the fiberglass - just a thought... there are no problems, only solutions:)

Thanks,
AL

Hey AL,
Thanks for your interest. Here's a quick pic of the inside of a test chest piece. No sharp edges or nasty spikey bits here :D even when it's only roughly trimmed it's completely smooth!
As for thickness the parts will be approx 2mm over most of the suface I would imagine but can happily slice a test piece to get you a pic of the section through if you like?

_20170301_114957.JPG
Thanks

Last edited:

Hey AL,
Thanks for your interest. Here's a quick pic of the inside of a test chest piece. No sharp edges or nasty spikey bits here :D even when it's only roughly trimmed it's completely smooth!
As for thickness the parts will be approx 2mm over most of the suface I would imagine but can happily slice a test piece to get you a pic of the section through if you like?

View attachment 710875
Thanks

Thanks It looks fantastic!!!!!I'll get back to you soon, most likely I'm in!!!
AL

Does this include a helmet or just the armour? Definitely interested.

Does this include a helmet or just the armour? Definitely interested.

Hi, thanks for your interest. Sorry, no helmet just awesome armour at a bargain price :p

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back