1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- one place open for May

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by MIMIC, Feb 25, 2017.

1. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello- yes as Thetruth1777 simply tried to kindly inform crookknight the next update is going to be both full arms- rigged up and fitted- not just on a bench top. Thank you guys for your genuine interest and support.

I’d have preferred to have gotten them done with photos before posting this (nobody wants a text update over photos in my opinion) but trying to continue steering the thread in the right direction thought I’d better post...

I’ve had to make a couple of adjustments to the upper arms, they stepped out too much at the top on the outside pulling the shoulder bells out so I’ve straightened them up and also, just a stupid mistake I hadn’t included a Velcro/magnet recess like I have on the legs for where they overlap but all is sorted now and I’ll be updating in a day or two with pics.

Thank you

AikiBushi, RVSS, Shimo and 6 others like this.
  2. TKBennett

TKBennett New Member

Thanks Mimic!

3. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Look forward to seeing something again Mimic keep it up

4. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Hey mimic, how are those arms strapping up, have we any pics yet?

5. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello Badges- and everyone hope you’re all well!

Photos will be tomorrow- apologies for the delay- I have been selected to work on an interior set model on the lunar module to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landings and been very busy with meetings design etc so had to have just a few days away from the trooper.

Thank you

6. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Well-Known Member

Ah yes the pattern continues...

Are we blind? But hey I'm the bad guy

7. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Wow, that sounds fantastic and it will be on my birthday as well, 50yrs young when that happened, great opportunity, hope it all works out.

8. heartstopper85

So guess he is missing deadline for pictures today.

Nice to hear that people aren't getting refunds because your account is "limited" and has "restrictions" but your taking new money in.... What a bunch of bs can't believe I'm one of few people that don't buy into your excuses MIMIC

9. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Want to know what's funny. You can receive money apparently but cant refund it??? I'm so tired of being lied to on this God * run from you. Give me my refund for Christ's sake so I can finally push the unfollow button and be out of your hair. Tired of looking like the bad guy here and constantly having to bad mouth this God forsaken run because you refuse to do one simple thing.

heartstopper85 likes this.
  10. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

CAPNSTUNN, heartstopper- it’s far from ‘funny’ actually everything on my account is on hold until the limitations are lifted by PayPal- money can be paid in but is instantly held- nothing is made available- out of my control until PayPal finish their reviews.

Everyone else- sorry it’s a little late in the day I’ve been up since 3:40am and had a 5 hour drive home with a scorching headache but as stated here are some pics of the first complete set of arms hope you enjoy them...

11. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

12. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Love the sharp lines on this Mimic , so what’s left for you to start casting, have you sorted out the thermal detonator?

13. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

Thanks for putting those pics up! Most importantly thanks for sticking to your word that you would have them up the day after your initial post (despite the long drive). Keep up the great work Mimic!

14. camprandall

camprandall Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks great! Is it flexible enough to use the bicep opening? I know the upper body is very rigid. Also, does the wrist flap open so that you can easily get your hand through?

Can't wait to see our final timelines. Looks like it's getting close.

15. bigkilo

bigkilo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking great! Those details are so crisp! Definitely gonna be the best armor around!

16. Empire

Empire Active Member

Looks great bud!

17. TKBennett

TKBennett New Member

Awesome stuff Mimic, can't wait.

18. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

Hey MIMIC any updates this week?
    Cheers~

Crookknight and Shimo like this.
  19. Crookknight

Crookknight Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

MIMIC, do you have an update?

Thetruth1777 likes this.
  20. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello everyone just a quick message rather than an update- this week I'm working long days just finishing the lunar module model project I've previously mentioned - they're filming on it a week on Monday and need time to rig and light it all so I only have a few days to get it done- it's the only decent actual job I've had in for a while and with my PayPal being limited have to do it- Hopefully everyone can understand I have to eat :/

I will do a proper update next week and get back to all your correspondence but in general- we're getting very close now to me being able to start banging components out of moulds- basically there's the ab boxe moulds to finish attaching somewhere- the TD and some dexion framework to fit to the leg back moulds and finally were up and running on full sets of armor.

I know many of you have mentioned you really want this in time to be rigged up for celebration so that's my complete and full intention to be able to make that happen- thank you all for your input- and for those who have inquired at this time and now for the foreseeable future unfortunately I've made the decision to not allow any more places be added to this run.

Hope you are all in good health and can continue to support me here.

Speak soon

TKBennett, fraktilfilth, RVSS and 4 others like this.
  21. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello

The forearm - the plate is seperate and there are four tabs on each inside corner that can either house Velcro or a magnet and yes the bicep has a good degree of flex and overlap allowing it to be nipped up tight for smaller arms or opened up for bigger guns :)...

Same with all of the leg components too.

Thank you

22. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Hey mimic, great work on those arms, very nice and sharp, hope all goes well for your work project.

23. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Hey MIMIC, I know you're putting out the arms and legs for the armor build, is there any idea on when work will start on the helmet?

24. Crookknight

Crookknight Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

MIMIC When do you think you will be able to start shipping the second half?

25. heartstopper85

Looking forward to getting rest of shipment and getting this run over with

Side note it's the end of the month and mimic you made some promises....

26. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Last day of January and still no refund as promised.......again. Just more constant delays as with everything else on this god forsaken run.

27. bigkilo

I'm keeping the faith!:) craftsmanship is stellar, timelines haven't been met, but, as a longtime RPFer, I realize the best and most rare things often go 6 to 12 months beyond initial optimistic timelines. This is obviously the best kit. Am i a bit nervous? Sure. But let's just all be patient, take a breath, and realize life takes precedence. I've made stuff, molded stuff, cast stuff, finished stuff, and it isn't easy. None of it. Quick, quality, cheap. Pick 2, because you cant get all 3. We have all been given quality and cheap, so we need to give a break on quick. MIMIC is sending out FINISHED work (which is at least an additional $500 value, as that is what it costs to pay someone to cut and glue your ABS TK kit) We all paid raw kit prices, honestly, and we are getting something waaaaay better for our money. And, dont wanna be a jerk by saying this, but if $1k is too much for you to have wrapped up in something for awhile, then maybe an investment in a new armor build isn't where you should be anyway.

Keep on keeping on, MIMIC. The killer armor everyone will get will be worth it. Shipping costs may hinder this, but I'm sure some of us experienced fiberglass guys would be willing to finish our own kits, both to speed up the process and take the work off your hands.

And please done blow-up this thread with responses. Lament on my words for a day before you respond, and if you feel the need to, PM me.

Jared "doc"
    TK/TD/TX/TS/SL42020

28. heartstopper85

So glad we have you to preach.

Mimic said he was gonna refund Calvin by end of month just want him to keep his word

29. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello everyone- thank you for that Jared- and it’s great to know most here are still supporting me. A year ago I could have roughed these out borrowed one of several large vac formers and started slapping out sub par parts but that was never the point- The point was to get as close to movie accurate armour as possible- every seam, every join, every sharp line and parts that will last a lifetime. I’m glad now that pretty much everyone (apart from a couple) have been in touch to confirm they’re still with me because they want what they consider to be the best available.

I finished seaming the mould for the TD late Last night so I’ll pull the first one of those in the next few days- gotta let it cure properly.

So almost done!!! I can’t see any reason why in the next couple of weeks I won’t be able to start casting again so the plan will be to begin casting and shipping by the end of February and throughout march achieving that all important celebration deadline.

CAPNSTUNN I will PM you later as before mentioned just awaiting PayPal’s review of my account.

30. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Now this is the post we have been waiting for Mimic, hope for everyone’s benefit especially yours there are no more unforeseen problems, look forward to seeing the finished TD and getting to complete this in the next few months,
    Keep going man the ends in sight

31. heartstopper85

No one is knocking the quality but I'll try to keep my mouth shut and look forward to seeing the end of this run.

But it is bad when you get on the who to avoid list on the 501st.com

32. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

How are we looking MIMIC ? Any TD updates?

33. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello Thetruth! Yes first TD will be out Tomorrow morning and I’ll post som pics!

:)

34. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Hey Mimic , look forward to the photos, also, in the last lot of photos of the arms, were these taken before you reshaped the biceps ? , if so do you have any of the moded version
    I take it Empire is number one on the list, do you have any idea when his is going out?

35. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Pulled this and trimmed it up, single piece TD... and the decal of the yoke just happens to fit there too so that was nice

2F64DA96-1ABE-4930-9090-5B4807CFB28A.jpeg FD839DDD-5180-4B27-9C71-4B0B0AAB5808.jpeg 1E02FD3B-2B3A-4C6D-B527-715C3B488715.jpeg 6D8D424A-3723-41B4-8D05-9C37FD17B54B.jpeg E001B39D-E08E-4EBF-A122-CE128A7EFB37.jpeg C278C55E-F014-434F-86D5-EAC1B179E141.jpeg

That’s pretty much it, so it’ll probably be about two weeks and I should have an update of the casting started of all the final version armor!! ... It’s been an emotional ride this far...

Hello Al May - no those are the final full arms, obviously just minus shoulder bells?

Attached Files:

36. AikiBushi

AikiBushi New Member

Wow. Looks great!
    Where am I on the list??

37. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Wow, that is looking quite impressive, I know I’ll be sounding like a scratched record, but how far away will we be with the helmet, will that be happening at all?

38. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Love your work on these Mimic, stunning work, So by the time March swings round you should have the first batch out to Number one on the list?

badges2nz likes this.
  39. Empire

Empire Active Member

Just want to check to those that are getting another chest an ab plate after receiving a prototype version?

badges2nz likes this.
  40. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

Beautiful work MIMIC! Thanks for sharing the TD pics and most importantly keeping us up to date. Can’t wait to see it complete.

badges2nz likes this.
  41. bigkilo

Looking great! Pretty sure I'm #1 on the list (for everyone wondering)

MIMIC - I will say this: once everything is delivered, there will be more $ coming your way from me, because I know the work and quality you are doing. Consider it a tip;)

I am interested in the helmet timeline, as well, but I realize that may be a long while.

badges2nz likes this.