Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- RUN FULL- WAITING LIST OPEN

I've had numerous conversations with others on this run that are also considering opening a claim with paypal to get our money back and move on to a different armorer. I am trying to be patient, but I'm just about done with the "info coming soon" posts.

Yeah, I think at this point I'm giving my 24 hours notice on filing a claim. Even after asking for clarification via PM a couple months ago, I was told a schedule that didn't at all pan out. My other concern is that we're all waiting with baited breathe on a single delivery of the very first set and it's not even including any of the bottom half. What does this mean for the entire project? I find it highly unlikely that MIMIC is sitting on a half dozen completed torsos with the bottom half nearly done. This huge wait and inability to get any clarity on progress or pics beyond that very first set of upper body armor is not a good sign at all. Even if Empire gets his now, that only proves that one half of an armor suit has shipped and for all we know, that's the set we saw pics of early in 2017. I won't be convinced at all just because a handful of pieces got shipped to one person. We knew those existed nearly a year ago.

We need to see and hear proof of very solid progress asap MIMIC. I'm a patient person - hence not saying much as the deadline went months overdue - but I've also been burned by several bad prop runs and this is feeling all too familiar. It's the same talk of "it's worth the wait for quality" coupled with a desire to not show progress. We need a real schedule and it needs to show that this whole period hasn't been just to tidy up one half of one suit of armor.

Hello ShadyP sorry you feel the need to be so aggressive on this sales thread. Your actions are doing nothing but jeopardising this whole project by spreading unnecessary anxiety amongst people who I’m working hard for!

the armor is delayed because of the constant improvements I’ve made, - you know this! if you wanted I could’ve sent you parts months ago!!! but everyone else on the run would receive a far superior set of armor. Would that make you happier?

The only person who has made me aware that they are looking to leave the run is Shawn as he explained above he lost his job. I have constant messages telling me how grateful people are I’m willing to take all the extra time to get it so accurate- so I assume overall I’m doing the right thing in not sending out the first thing I made???

I’ll be doing a better update later for everyone else... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

With my tie pilot almost done and fast turn around from kb props I'm almost ready to give up as well.

If there are people that want my spot I'm willing to sell it. All I ask for is what I paid. I don't want to go through the legal mess with PayPal. I believe mimic but this is getting nuts. I've seen no forearms no legs no td etc
I have zero hope anymore and I was one of the biggest supporters and defenders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve nearly killed myself on this project these last few months, really wish I’d just sent out the first version I’d done if I knew people were going to turn on me like this. It actually breaks my heart a bit the amount of time that I’ve put into this believing I was doing it because people want ‘the most accurate’ and after all that work I actually get to the point of beginning shipping and some of you are happy to try and bankrupt me! For working my ass off!!??

I’ve nearly killed myself on this project these last few months, really wish I’d just sent out the first version I’d done if I knew people were going to turn on me like this. It actually breaks my heart a bit the amount of time that I’ve put into this believing I was doing it because people want ‘the most accurate’ and after all that work I actually get to the point of beginning shipping and some of you are happy to try and bankrupt me! For working my ass off!!??

I fully understand how hard your working, and believe it truly will be the best fiberglass kit offered to anyone in a finished state.
My nerves start to get high when I have a legion member waiting for UNFINISHED parts. Seriously you could have at least sent those out, I get the perfecting the paint job. But unfinished parts?
I was under the impression everything just needed to be pulled.

I think we need a checklist and a timeline of where we are at on the following:
Torso:
Yoke/Back:
Shoulder Bells:
Biceps:
Forearms:
Butt piece:
Cod piece:
Theighs:
Shins:
Spats:
Greeblies:
Belt Pieces:

I think that's everything off the top of my head but really need to see a where is this currently at picture, timeline of completion etc. I put money into softgoods etc and got those over 6 months ago. and like I said I ordered another kit to keep myself busy and that came ready in months.

My biggest concern is we haven't seen much. What we have seen has been awesome, and for anyone that is more patient and more pumped for this armor I would suggest your kit anyday of the week. My tolerance for waiting is getting lower as I get other kits done I'm more pumped up for. Espically since I don't really care about perfect as I do just getting good enough.

Side note once your caught up it might help you out to sell pieces unfinished.

I'm sure tie pilots and Phasmas would love your parts. One our Phasmas stated he went with you because you have the most accurate chest piece and there is no seam to fill in on the yoke and back.

Just seems odd unfinished non painted parts haven't gone out. Sorry to keep hammering you. Truly think from what I've seen you have best looking stuff out their.

Honestly if anything it seems your well overworked and overextended

Hello @ShadyP sorry you feel the need to be so aggressive on this sales thread. Your actions are doing nothing but jeopardising this whole project by spreading unnecessary anxiety amongst people who I’m working hard for!

the armor is delayed because of the constant improvements I’ve made, - you know this! if you wanted I could’ve sent you parts months ago!!! but everyone else on the run would receive a far superior set of armor. Would that make you happier?

The only person who has made me aware that they are looking to leave the run is Shawn as he explained above he lost his job. I have constant messages telling me how grateful people are I’m willing to take all the extra time to get it so accurate- so I assume overall I’m doing the right thing in not sending out the first thing I made???

I cannot appologize for "being aggressive" on this thread. I am a patient man, but when repeated requests for proof of progression have gone by without update my patience runs thin. I don't doubt that you have a stellar half set of armor. You have not shown any progress on over half of a single kit. As Clint said, we've seen images of a single torso. I do doubt that you have enough time to get this run completed as intended. I see the lack of photo documentation of your progress as there being no progress. I see the lack of shipping details and lack of delivery for the single partial kit that you say you shipped almost a month ago as probable fraud. You've been paid and I've participated in enough "project runs" across the 501st legion to know what I should expect in terms of proof of product and proof of a timeline.

I'm going to be discussing with the group of us in Vermont that all hopped on this together. I'm of the opinion that, like camprandall, we've got 24 hours before filing the paypal dispute. It is officially time for you, Mimic, to provide ample proof - photo's of multiple armor parts, not a single torso. Lets see all the completed work, today.

I cannot appologize for "being aggressive" on this thread. I am a patient man, but when repeated requests for proof of progression have gone by without update my patience runs thin. I don't doubt that you have a stellar half set of armor. You have not shown any progress on over half of a single kit. As Clint said, we've seen images of a single torso. I do doubt that you have enough time to get this run completed as intended. I see the lack of photo documentation of your progress as there being no progress. I see the lack of shipping details and lack of delivery for the single partial kit that you say you shipped almost a month ago as probable fraud. You've been paid and I've participated in enough "project runs" across the 501st legion to know what I should expect in terms of proof of product and proof of a timeline.

I'm going to be discussing with the group of us in Vermont that all hopped on this together. I'm of the opinion that, like @camprandall, we've got 24 hours before filing the paypal dispute. It is officially time for you, Mimic, to provide ample proof - photo's of multiple armor parts, not a single torso. Lets see all the completed work, today.

Sorry to say that too but I'm with the PayPal dispute in 24 hours.

Hate to join the bandwagon, but when multiple, reputable and reliable legion members, some of which have been the biggest defenders of this run, throw up the caution flag, I take notice.

This is is the second day in a row that “update in a little bit” has been posted. I think I speak for everyone when I say we want to be proven wrong. Don’t respond to individuals, respond to the thread. Post what you say you’re going to post.

I want to believe. *insert X-Files theme*

Yeah I give up. Case created before this gets out if 180 day window to file

Dude I need to know where my armour is? It should be here by now!? I didn't get anything proof of shipping. I have one item waiting for me in the post office to grab Thursday but that will probably be my Star Wars Bandi stuff. I don't think that will be the armour. All I just want is a set of FO Storm amour. I don't have the skills and the time like most of you guys. My job keeps me busy and time off is spent sleeping. Hobbies are hard to do as well In my line of work. So I'm not able to go for a kit. But I'm planning on getting an FO Tie kit from my buddy in Russia. I've been waiting a long time for this armour and I just want it. I do agree we need more pictures. It would be nice as other kit makers do it. Show off your work! Promote yourself! I'm still holding on by a thread with hope but I hat coming home every night and not seeing two huge boxes waiting for me to open like a kid at Xmas. It hurts. Don't take this the wrong way MIMIC Bud and jump down my throat but I want to know were my parts are or was it a lie and you kept it back? I don't like being lied to. It just pisses me off. Sorry,

Yeah Mimic, it’s important to just give facts about where things are at and not take offense. You’re angry at your customers for just simply asking what’s going on and getting either no answer or contradictory answers. If I was doing a run and I was on the verge of shipping a bunch of sets, I would post all kinds of pics of piles of parts and shipping boxes knowing just how excited that will get everyone. Instead, all we get is a very personal message of taking offense, and still no clarity. Supposedly armor has shipped but no one has received it. Supposedly more was going to ship weeks ago but there’s no confirmation of that either. All you have to do is say sorry for poor communication. Here are a ton of pics and here are tracking numbers. It’s not fair to accuse everyone of abandoning you when there’s absolutely no timetable for when any of us are going to our items that were supposed to go out months ago, all under the “quality“ claim. And once again, most of us have not filed any PayPal claims. We’re just saying that we’re going to we don’t get proof. To respond with anger only seems to back the claim that things are not going well because if people were about to file claims against me, I would simply prove that I was doing what I said. Just prove you have a whole bunch of upper body torso armor sets finished and legs well on the way and you might have a very different day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I filed a claim just because I want to legally proven im wrong
If empire would have had a tracking number and gotten some kind progress id feel better

Probably not fair to gang up on you while your asleep probably but enough is enough I'm sorry and no I won't respond to your pm. Everything I have to say is going to public.

I’m sorry everyone is feeling this way. I’ll show the whole process of production tomorrow i’ll Show all the pulled parts, some in the mould, some untrimmed and some are almost ready to go. If that would help to all to trust me? unfortunately as well previously there’s been a pile of scrap that’s now landfill and time that I obviously would have never photographed and posted on here but apparently i should have.

I’m sorry if I’ve been too private about the process, I should have better explained any issues and delays along the way perhaps with photos but with it being a sales thread I’ve stuck to really just showing finished parts

Give me a chance, i’ll Show you the parts I have and the work I’m doing everyday on these, the process and hopefully you’ll understand the delays.

Thank you to everyone who continues to show support

Hello @ShadyP sorry you feel the need to be so aggressive on this sales thread. Your actions are doing nothing but jeopardising this whole project by spreading unnecessary anxiety amongst people who I’m working hard for!

May I ask why you say tomorrow? 3 hours ago you said later today. Just take out your camera, mobile camera, shoot some pictures, upload them and share them here.:)

I’m sorry everyone is feeling this way. I’ll show the whole process of production tomorrow i’ll Show all the pulled parts, some in the mould, some untrimmed and some are almost ready to go. If that would help to all to trust me? unfortunately as well previously there’s been a pile of scrap that’s now landfill and time that I obviously would have never photographed and posted on here but apparently i should have.

I’m sorry if I’ve been too private about the process, I should have better explained any issues and delays along the way perhaps with photos but with it being a sales thread I’ve stuck to really just showing finished parts

Give me a chance, i’ll Show you the parts I have and the work I’m doing everyday on these, the process and hopefully you’ll understand the delays.

Thank you to everyone who continues to show support

By this time tomorrow the paypal dispute process will have already begun. Yesterday you stated it would be yesterday, earlier today it was later today, now it is tomorrow. Those of us concerned have given you plenty of notice. You're track record of actually posting what you say you're going to post works against you.

To be blunt, it is officially time to put up or shut up.

Mimic, you keep saying “tomorrow.”
Everyone needs something today

I get it's a sales post but literally anything is better than nothing. We can't understand if we see nothing.

All I see now is someone who took on more than they could handle. Should have had option for finished and unfinished

If you have unfinished stuff, offer to send that. Many of us can trim and polish. Give us a few pointers and let’s have at it.

I would say MIMIC that the main thing isn't photos of the production process that really matter - it's stuff getting finished. There should be plenty of that if several sets have shipped and they're starting to pump through. So you're right - it's a sales thread - but what we need, which you have promised both here and via PM - is the current shipping schedule for everyone. All we have is that maybe one half-set has shipped, but that's in dispute and there's no tracking. 4 weeks ago, you told me my set would ship week after next, which is now two weeks ago. The pics and info we need are about what is concrete, not just evidence of work going on. This late in the game and this close to supposed shipping, there again should be stacks of finished armor parts and a stack of in progress stuff that you can show us. If I see a mold, that doesn't really tell me at all how long I'm waiting or where Empire's stuff is at and that sort of thing. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back