1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- one place open for May

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by MIMIC, Feb 25, 2017.

1. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Some very nice shiny whiteness going on there.

2. AikiBushi

AikiBushi New Member

Whoa.
    Please keep these kinds of updates coming!

badges2nz likes this.
  3. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Well-Known Member

Seems odd your looking for more money to finish.... You had over 30k to do this project.

I will not be sending anyone your way or giving you any positive reviews until I have a full set of armor on hand. Than if you can cast on demand and have a full set ready to ship I will send people that want to over. Otherwise it would be torture to send anyone over here to deal with this nonsense we have been dealing for years.

I hope everyone that wants refunds gets them in full and that I can stop posting on here soon. Just ready for this to be over

4. Crookknight

Crookknight Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

MIMIC the armor is looking good. Thank you for posting progress pictures. I am still interested in getting the 2nd half of the armor.

5. fraktilfilth

fraktilfilth New Member

6. TKBennett

TKBennett New Member

Looks awesome Mimic! Thanks for the update!

badges2nz likes this.
  7. xpaladinx45

xpaladinx45 New Member

MIMIC things are looking great, and appreciate the now continual progress updates. Looking forward to wearing this kit

8. Empire

Empire Active Member

Happy Christmas all!

9. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

I'm taking advantage of the time off for printing out my bb9e.
    Hope everyone enjoys the holiday season.

Attached Files:

10. heartstopper85

Merry Christmas I'm type better drunk than sober wooo

11. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello everyone

Been adding the belt boxes and TLJ version cod to the ab and yoke molds, thought I’d share a test cast pic that I’ve just got trimmed up. I’ll be spraying the back of the two smaller ones with a satin black...

4922B7BC-7647-43EB-81FF-01D5E05C32D0.jpeg 00601886-F978-457A-9AA0-BB8FD3760110.jpeg 76EFA077-C444-4B24-B567-53C84854AFB4.jpeg CB7B0D15-0FC0-4045-A0BE-3170E5E400AE.jpeg 87FA5987-4345-44DB-8478-9DD10E47C4D2.jpeg

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to everyone

12. heartstopper85

Great to see this regular amount of posts this is is exactly what we wanted I think

13. Crookknight

14. heartstopper85

MIMIC so since it after Christmas and you missed that deadline what's the latest update on timeline?

And why aren't you responding to people like Calvin that want refunds?

15. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Great to see this Mimic I would love to wear this to Chicago in April , please keep it coming mate

16. Empire

Empire Active Member

Love it!

17. bigkilo

bigkilo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm relatively quiet on this thread, because I understand life issues and delays and motivation hiccups and whatnot. Nice to see you back on and making progress, MIMIC!:) your kits really are gonna be the best available when completed. It has been a long and bumpy road, but it will be good in the end.

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and the updates with photos are awesome:)

Crookknight likes this.
  18. bigkilo

Oh, yeah, and if completion by April can happen, that would be fantastic, as I'm planning on a Celebration visit, too

But if not, that's cool, too, because I'd rather have a great set:)

19. Crookknight

D268816D-4F8F-4535-B25E-D379C88BF646.jpeg MIMIC can you tell me what white you are using for your armor? I need to match my Anovos helmet.

badges2nz likes this.
  20. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello- the armor is a coloured resin so unfortunately there is no paint code/ name. I do recall another member here finding a good match and I’m pretty sure they posted about it here somewhere. Montana shock white if I can recall correctly.

Happy 2019 to everyone!

Thetruth1777 likes this.
  21. heartstopper85

So no timeline? What about refund for calvin?

22. bigkilo

I believe the color match was Montana gold shock white PURE, but that was just in the discussion. I painted a helmet of mine in rustoleum blossom white and it is a good match, too, but I haven't photographed them side by side in sunlight.

Thetruth1777 likes this.
  23. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

What about my refund MIMIC!? Or anyone else's that have received just partial????? Its been a few months since I asked for it and havent received a dime back. In my eyes that is theft and you are worse than Anovos cause one can at least email Joe there and get there money back in a couple hours...

Love how you can come on here for a simple paint matching question but not answer a timeline question too...ridiculous

heartstopper85 likes this.
  24. heartstopper85

Mimic with hands over his eyes I dont see nothing move along and here is a simple question to make it look like I'm active while still making money....

Yeah we are onto you

25. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello heartstopper and CAPNSTUNN, apologies for the delay a few went from wanting refunds to remaining on the run and with the back and forth PayPal has put temporary limitations in place.

Both of your refunds should be received by the end of the month.

Thank you

26. heartstopper85

Whoa time out I never asked for a refund I want my kit in full.

I'm just backing my buddy. I asked about the timeline for the kit and than I asked about the refund those are two different issues

Do you even listen?

27. kev1969

kev1969 Well-Known Member

Jeez, this run has realy become a mess!!!

heartstopper85 likes this.
  28. heartstopper85

Become it has been for over a year now

29. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

It's good to see that progress is being made, I'm keen to see the helmet when it's eventually done.

30. Crookknight

MIMIC do you have an update for this week?

It has been nice to see the progress.

31. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

Mimic shared with me that there will be more full arm updates in the next couple of days (this was Thursday). Excited to see the progress.

32. heartstopper85

Who the hell are you and why are you speaking for mimic

33. camprandall

camprandall Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

heartstopper85, I have to say that you're kinda keeping a hostile feel to this thread with the tone you're taking despite choosing to stay on the run. If you're going to stay on the run and reject a refund, please try to be civil. It's been hard enough on everyone as it is, but you have the option of dropping off if you are fed up. All the yelling is getting tiring. And you yourself have been speaking on behalf of your friend and demanding updates on his refund so you shouldn't take offense to someone speaking on behalf of mimic saying that updates are coming.

34. heartstopper85

I'll go away when I get my armor in full.

You want a positive environment that's the only and easiest solution. But here we are with another missed deadline

35. camprandall

camprandall Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I get what you're saying, but the tone has absolutely no bearing on delivery. We've reached a point that if someone is super angry, then they should take the refund otherwise try to be civil. Calling for accountability is fine, but "who the hell are you" as a response to someone's post is over the line.

Shimo likes this.
  36. heartstopper85

True well I've been dinged twice for doing same thing defending the jerk and its not fair.

Anyway sorry but I was seriously wondering who the heck that guy was

37. heartstopper85

For all I know it's a fake account mimic made I would buy anything like that happening now to try to get people to give him more money

38. Crookknight

It is not a fake account. I have traded a few messages with Thetruth1777 where he asked some questions about the armor and paint color.

39. heartstopper85

Oh well than I'm sorry just offensive I feel like a fool for constantly getting scammed.

40. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

It’s all good, sorry should have prefaced I’m on the run as well. Just trying to provide info that mimic gave me in a PM

Shimo likes this.
  41. heartstopper85

I wouldn't do that though man. Your not allowed to speak for the maker. Let mimic speak for mimic please

I'm pretty far on edge about dude and I think is a liar and scam artist but half armor and refund does me no good so still here like a fool. Because he isnt giving refunds anyway

42. heartstopper85

Esp when he keeps ignoring all my PMs quick to take more money in but wont respond to anyone he doesnt like

43. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

I’m not “allowed” to share a message that he gave me? Who made you chief?

44. heartstopper85

Not my rule Rpf s rule. I used for defend mimic and got told this by an admin. So an admin is the chief not me

Thetruth1777 likes this.
  45. Thetruth1777

Thetruth1777 New Member

If it’s admins rule than I retract my statement, anywho I’m announcing I’m on the run list. Cheers

46. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You're not allowed to share information that you receive in PM? Wasn't aware of that rule....

47. heartstopper85

Not allowed to speak on behalf of the prop builder ie mimic. Mimic speaks for mimic is what I was told when I was on the other side

48. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think there is a difference between merely relaying information said by the builder and speaking for the builder.

49. heartstopper85

I would agree but I have the slaps on the wrist to prove otherwise

50. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Hey mimic, just wanting to find out how we’re going at the moment.