1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- one place open for May

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by MIMIC, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Crookknight

Crookknight Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I will update the Order pdf tonight or tomorrow and re-post to the live site and post here.

2. Crookknight

Anyone here from MIMIC in the last 2 days? I saw he was online yesterday morning.

Hopefully, he can get us a schedule.

3. Crookknight

Attached Files:

badges2nz and xpaladinx45 like this.
  4. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing that list. See MIMIC we aren't all jerks that don't care Some people see above, help with organization and things that you lack in.

I'm dead serious about not needing my parts gelcoated though if it gets them to me sooner. Hope you are able to post once a week hell at the way things go I'll take once every 2 weeks as better than nothing

5. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hahahaha. GOOD LUCK! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Judging by his/her(?) pattern, do not expect a reply this week... or next week... etc. They posted a couple days ago, and that means in their mind they just bought themselves another month or so of dodging this thread. That is the pattern:

1. Come here with a vague post about personal problems, claiming some progress... maybe posting a few photos of unfinished stuff.
    2. going silent for a month.
    3. Repeat pattern (to pacify everyone and buy another month)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    xpaladinx45 and Crookknight like this.
  6. Crookknight

Moviefreak Have you seen this before? I am judging by your comments and Trophy Points, that you have been doing this for a while.

7. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

More times than you can imagine.

We see this happen often as people start a big run with good intentions, they spend the money upfront (on supplies and/or debt) and then they find they took on too much, are in over their heads, and that they are starting to drown. They start with excuses but once those run out, they dodge the forum as they don't have guts to respond that they cannot finish the items. Then, they avoid the forum as much as possible because they know people will want a refund and they no longer have the money to give back. At this stage, they usually run for the hills and never come back as they know their rep is toast.

8. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Soooooo MIMIC you were on yesterday but no post to give????

Crookknight likes this.
  9. Crookknight

Hmmmm.... it has gotten pretty quiet again. I was hoping MIMIC would start communicating more.

Wishful thinking. If he does not even log on to RPF, how does he know what is going on?

I have a strange feeling that Moviefreak is right.

10. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

O I'm sure movie freak is. No one still has yet to reply saying they got a refund yet too even tho MIMIC said some have gone out. And I have yet to hear anything about my refund request. Soooo that being said it seems like it's still a hunch of bullshit and lies

Crookknight likes this.
  11. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Still no contact, nothing happening as far as I can see.

12. Crookknight

MIMIC .....hello....are you out there?

13. camprandall

camprandall Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There is no reason to think the pattern of the past year and a half has suddenly changed.

Crookknight and badges2nz like this.
  14. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

It would be nice to have some contact from mimic and confirmation of orders progressing further as they should be.

Crookknight likes this.
  15. Crookknight

He has a lot to prove to earn back my trust and should be posting at teast every other day.

The issue that he has not even logged on since last Tuesday is not surprising. Same pattern he has been doing for the last 6 months.

Please keep in mind, when he posts, he still ignores all of our questions and posts whatever he wants and complains that we are not supporting him.

Hard to support someone who only shows you what they want you to see.

As stated by others, he has not proven anything to us. Who knows when those pictures were taken. He has claimed refunds were sent to some, yet no one can confirm.

Maybe we should treat it like a kidnapping. After all he does have our money. What I mean by that is he takes a picture with the newspaper of the day where we see him and the armor.

xpaladinx45 and badges2nz like this.
  16. xpaladinx45

xpaladinx45 New Member

I got a refund on the executioner parts I paid extra for, but only because I filed a claim before the 6 month window closed. Private messages have been ignored and so was the PP claim process

17. Crookknight

From what I can tell, he has lied about giving refunds.

18. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Someone posted this in the Shoretrooper Fam group not long ago. Curious upon the validity of the statement(havent gotten a response) but it might be worth it. If we somehow all get together and contact PayPal and provide the proof that nothing has been going out, he is ignoring our messages and PayPal requests against him it might help us get something back. What do ya'll think?

Attached Files:

badges2nz likes this.
  19. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

Well if mimic is not responding or updating then this could be a way of trying to get a refund forced, sorry mimic but all it took was to be honest and update the thread, i know I'm only in for the helmet but still $500.00nzd is still $500.00nzd and that is a sizable chunk to be out of pocket at this stage for me, especially since I've had to finance another car.

Crookknight likes this.
  20. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Exactly. Well he is not responding, saying armor is being made and no proof is given it is. Saying he has 3 helpers then suddenly theres only one. Failed ship ship dates etc. I just domt know how to go about it

Crookknight likes this.
  21. ower

ower Active Member

This is honestly why I don't get involved in runs that much if at all anymore, it has to be something I really really want and much like Lending money to people, something I'm willing to part with and it won't hurt me if I don't get anything back. I've missed a lot of cool * because I generally refuse to send money until someone has something to actually ship or is shipping. I've been burned by people who have had sterling reps for years who, as you said got in over there heads.. maybe a "family emergency" .. which funny always seems to be the first excuse but all it takes is for them to fall behind for whatever reason and then it plays out exactly like you said.

Unfortunately I went against my gut and took the gamble on this and got burned. At this point there's not anything I can do. Bank won't do crap, it's outside paypal 6 month window. I chalk it up to an expensive * lesson to hold fast to my "don't buy stuff that isn't even produced yet" rule, even if I do miss out on cool *.

HighlanderFX likes this.
  22. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Guys, you are right you deserve an update off course, but it doesn't make much sense posting all these messages during a period MIMIC wasn't even on the RPF. MIMIC was last seen on the RPF november 27. So MIMIC is not reading all the messages posted since then. So posting "MIMIC, I want a response" on november 28 and then "why didn't you respond yet" on november 29, doesn't make sense, unless MIMIC would actually have been on the RPF on november 28.

Anyway, for those still within the 6 month payment timeslot: I would not take the risk and open a dispute, to be honest. It's sad to see that communication stopped again, because I was really in the impression MIMIC was still willing to solve this. I really hope MIMIC now is busy finishing armour and that's the reason he/she is not online here. But if I were you guys, I wouldn't take the risk if you still have the option to open a claim with PayPal...

TJack likes this.
  23. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello

So weekly update I’ve carried on as mentioned in my last update creating multiple part moulds. Now the two shoulder bells, Cod piece and butt are one mould, and I just finished yesterday the leg fronts which are the front thighs, front lower legs (shins) and the two knees. I’ll give them a couple of days to cure up and bond properly before I start running resin in them.

I’m now working on the leg backs and spats as one mould- maybe the TD to that one too not sure as of this moment. As mentioned in my last post this makes casting many many times faster also allows for minimum resin wastage. For example with the forearms before I would have had to lay up 5 different lays in each part individually, each hand plate, each arm and each arm plate- approximately 2days of work standing over moulds surrounded by fumes and mess- just to lay them up. Now I turn on a machine and within an hour and a half I have those 6 components cast ready to trim the next day. All of this is so that I will be able to cast a FULL set within a day and trim in a second day- that’s the time it used to take just to lay up an AB plate and yoke.

I know a few of you keep mentioning a timeline- once I have these moulds fixed together I will be able to give a very accurate timeline.

The new parts- are many many times stronger- as an example I can take one of the new shoulder bells (I had a test one m) -put it down on the concrete floor stand on it, bounce on it in steel toed boots, my full 14 stone weight- it flexes, bounces straight back- not a mark on it. As a comparison I did the same thing with an old but plate- it creaked a little almost took my full weight- then pretty much split in two.

Crookknight, CAPNSTUNN, Empire I am working on getting you your refunds ASAP as you have made it clear you are very unhappy with myself and/or work in general.

Arek, Xpaladin you have been partially refunded and I am working on getting you the rest of your refunds ASAP.

Shimo thank you for your support-yourself and your two fellow troopers have been refunded for the three kits and look forward to hopefully having you back on board.

Those others who have been refunded and left sorry to see you go and that I failed you. I wish you the best of luck and hope the experience here hasn’t put you off considering other vendors out there to carry on your armor venture.

If there is anyone else who would rather me work on getting you a refund than your armor just let me know via a PM.

Thank you again to those of you who continue to support this project.

Thank you

24. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Oh- just seen above- Ower and badges2nz- I will add you to the final refund list too now-

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  25. Shimo

Shimo New Member

Hello all

i can confirm, that we've got a refund form MIMIC (over PayPal). And we are still willing to jump on this run again - Of course we are just involved in this run half a year ago and not as some others since Feb. 2017- but we still have faith in MIMIC, and his Armor is still the best i've seen...

RVSS and fraktilfilth like this.
  26. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Thanks for the update. But again, wheres the God * pictures of anything being done?!?!?!?!? Its quite obvious you hardly read what were saying unless its praise of your work. About the timeline... You said give me October, and we did and 0 communication throughout that month and you turned up with nothing. And you said everyone would be shipped by end of year. And it seems from this post that is far from the truth. Why hasnt anything been pulled from what has already been modified like the forearms and hand plates from your last post? Wheres the pictures of these things being done? You have lost the trust of many of your customers and it seems you are not even trying to win them back. I really do want this armor, but it's not worth it if the maker is constantly shady and has no proof to show for what they have been working on with our hard earned money.

27. Crookknight

MIMIC I have always stated that I still want the armor. I am not unhappy with your work. I am very frustrated with the process. You need to communicate more than once a week or at least come on-line and respond to peoples questions or concerns.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  28. heartstopper85

Well I guess weekly updates are better than no updates

I'll be expecting an update with some pictures next Tuesday. This is a better pattern than before. Hope to here from Arek, Xpaladin to confirm refund. And as I live close to Calvin I'll be listening closely to when he receives his refund.

I've counted this as a loss and would like the rest of my armor and hope to hear more about a timeline next week.

I can be realistic and expect that more than 1x updates are asking too much despite a frustrating long process I rather the work get done and be done with this stupid run

29. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Indeed I think weekly updates with concrete progress is better than daily updates with lots of pictures, but less work being done becuase time went to taking pictures, posting here, etc...

I'm not taking sides here, but I see that MIMIC posted a lot of pictures last week, and people here are now confirming that they are being refunded. MIMIC also states that other people will be refunded soon.

Some people here are very pushy about progress and communication, and I totally understand why. But if I were in MIMIC's shoes, reading these last messages while doing my best to get this run on the rails again, I might not be surprised if MIMIC is now thinking: "Well, why should I even try, when people are only unhappy, even with my explenation? I just quit, take the money and never login the The RPF ever again!"

I'm not sure this will all turn out well, but I see that MIMIC is coming back to the RPF. I see pictures of progress, I hear from members that they are being refunded, so I think MIMIC deserves a little bit of breathing space, no? If you guys "scare MIMIC away", you loose your money anyway.

Just my two cents...

badges2nz and fraktilfilth like this.
  30. heartstopper85

I agree daily is asking too much. We have saw a ton of pictures last time. And people have received refunds not everyone yet.

But yeah some breathing room is warranted this hasn't been fun for a lot of us. I know for me it meant going to someone else to buy armor to get a TK done. And some people like Calvin have other things in life they need to pay for so I get their frustration 100%

All we can all do is press on this is honestly going better in last couple weeks than I thought 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago I expected my money was being taken and I was gonna be left with half a set of armor

31. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

I honestly don't believe it's too much to ask that during his weekly updates he posts a few pictures or pieces casted, the new mold layouts hes making, etc. Because yes he posted pictures last week but that's the first time we've gotten anything picture wise in over 4 months. We dont know when those pictures were taken and could have been taken weeks before or longer. During my commission i take pictures of literally everything. Even fails and when something goes wrong. Does it suck? Heck yes but it keeps the customer(s) informed and they understand more what's going on. And with good cameras literally on your phone nowadays it takes a minute tops to take pictures of stuff being done. Not that difficult and its not asking too much. And it's only been one member so far that has been refunded recently. Not a couple like he has claimed. Until those users say they have been refunded then I'm taking with whatever MIMIC has to say with a grain of salt. Less than a grain more like an atom.

32. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

according to the properties of one of the the photos it was taken the same day as posted , could it be faked ?

properties.JPG

33. CAPNSTUNN18

CAPNSTUNN18 Member

Curious on how you got that? doubt someone could fake it but still curious.

34. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

download image to pc then right click on it open properties then details

35. Empire

Empire Active Member

I did not ask for a refund!? Its you Style of Business and lack of communication that has pee'd me off. I will PM you.

36. Empire

Empire Active Member

Let's hope this run turns around.

37. xpaladinx45

xpaladinx45 New Member

As I said before, I plan on staying on the run. I would just like the refund to reset the paypal clock and protect the investment. I fully intend to resend the money ASAP and retain my spot in the run. As for the partial refund already received (for executioner parts) I am just going to leave that as is. One less thing for you to have a screw with. I appreciate the weekly updates, please continue them and I hope to see people receiving armor again very soon

badges2nz likes this.
  38. Crookknight

Looking forward to getting our weekly update tomorrow. Hopefully, we are at the point where it will be completed molds showing the new shiny armor coming out of them.
    (y)

39. Crookknight

I hate to ask....But are we getting our weekly update this week? Thought it would have been posted yesterday.
    ;)

40. heartstopper85

Well it's Tuesday I was nice enough to wait a week before being a jerk

41. Crookknight

xpaladinx45 have you tried sending MIMIC another PM about doing the refund to restart the clock? I am told he responds faster that way.

42. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Off-topic posts have been removed.

43. xpaladinx45

xpaladinx45 New Member

Crookknight yeah my last several PMs going back a couple of months have been ignored, including about resetting the clock. Being polite seems to go nowhere. Calling him out just gets him pretending to be a victim

44. badges2nz

badges2nz Active Member

As with most everyone else who wants to stay on the run, I would like to but have the option of resetting the PayPal clock, as I have also mentioned earlier.
    That is if mimic is still willing to have me on the run, I still haven’t had any PMs or contact in quite a while.

45. Crookknight

MIMIC as you know when we mention you it sends a message to your account and sends you an email.

Are you going to respond to everyone's request about refunding their money, so they in turn can send you the money right back in order to reset the Paypal 6 month clock? I am hopeful that you are going to get online and check on your sales thread as you promised you would at a minimum on a weekly basis. Right now, only your customers are checking and updating this thread.

Looking forward to seeing all of the armor going out before Christmas, as you stated you would be doing.

xpaladinx45 likes this.
  46. Crookknight

Oh well.....I was really hoping that MIMIC would honor his word and give us weekly updates (at a minimum). I guess I was fooled again. Hopefully, he decides to spend a couple of minutes of what remains of this year to update us.

47. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hello, little late but here’s a quick update for this week..

Obviously my priority is to get the moulds finished to finally be able to get 1 of every part casting each day. I’m aiming to have the moulds all running in early January. I have finished up the leg backs mould which is being allowed to fully cure now just as the leg front mould was last week. I have also pulled a test cast from the new leg front mould-just to check it over, that nothing has been distorted or has issues casting etc- it has come out very well especially for the first cast- I’ll be continuing to work on the modified moulds, once they’re done this armor will really start to fly out, and finally in full sets...

Any problems send a PM and I’ll get back to you next update at the latest. thank You.

48. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

69E3E959-94E0-4D10-A460-D663E13F536B.jpeg D0424D28-7BA3-493C-964C-98EE695F3CCE.jpeg 3A5849D4-74EB-4641-B8D5-3A8ABF88C1CD.jpeg 16E6D7C1-1745-43B4-B4AB-5C108D6DD01B.jpeg C6223AAD-0905-47BA-9E64-C8C672A2B4F4.jpeg

The armor is looking and feeling great and I’m confident with the new material it will definitely be the best armor available. For those who continue to show interest once I’m up and running with the new moulds in the new year i’ll be opening the run for a couple more places to replace those who are being refunded.

Thank you again

49. bigkilo

bigkilo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks great, man!

50. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

2nd that Mimic,looks like this run is genuinely turning a corner, keep it up

badges2nz likes this.