Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that as I was only in for the completed helmet and that you would probably want to focus on the full kits that I should probably go for a refund on this, thanks.

Glad to see MIMIC stepped in once again, but to be honest: it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him for another month again. While I was defending MIMIC in the beginning (mainly because of the superb quality of his work), I'm now very, VERY sceptical. The pattern of coming in here once every few weeks with lots of promises and excuses, en then vanishing again for weeks, is becoming very clear, and the excuses used are repeated over and over again (the relocation, etc...).

I really hope I'm wrong here, but I don't believe a lot of MIMIC's last post if there are no actions from him to support his promises. Actions like: give an update several times a week. Start refunding people. Post pictures of progress, etc... As long as I don't see these things happening, I consider that last post as just another attemt to stretch the whole thing another few weeks. But again, I do hope I'm wrong, because about the work itself, I'll be the first to say that it's just fantastic...

Last edited:
Glad to see MIMIC stepped in once again, but to be honest: it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him for another month again. While I was defending MIMIC in the beginning (mainly because of the superb quality of his work), I'm now very, VERY sceptical. The pattern of coming in here once every few weeks with lots of promises and excuses, en then vanishing again for weeks, is becoming very clear, and the excuses used are repeated over and over again (the relocation, etc...).

I really hope I'm wrong here, but I don't believe a lot of MIMIC's last post if there are no actions from him to support his promises. Actions like: give an update several times a week. Start refunding people. Post pictures of progress, etc... As long as I don't see these things happening, I consider that last post as just another attemt to stretch the whole thing another few weeks. But again, I do hope I'm wrong, because about the work itself, I'll be the first to say that it's just fantastic...

I agree with Tom.

However, we are trying be be different then Paul and actually answer questions that he asks :lol:, since he never directly answers any of ours.

Pretty much if I do not see an good update within 7 days of his last post (which is more than enough time), then I am going to proceed with the plan to contact vendors and such outside of this group. He must show significant improvements in communication and production timing.

Paul/Mimic as I'm sure you're aware my PayPal claim was settled on Saturday night and the funds returned to my card. I would still love a set of armour (gel coated fully finished) . If you ever have a set ready for me you have my email address or can pm me and we can arrange to meet and I will gladly drive down and pay for it upon delivery

I would since everyone else wants gel coat and I just want unfinished parts I should get mine anyday now lmao

And there my friends is the joke of the day. In other news I'm building a Disney parks mountain trooper so I'm sure I'll be done with that before any set goes out

MIMIC Paul Taylor. If you are not back on this Sales Thread by this coming Sunday, then we will proceed with what I stated before. I do not want to do it, but you need to keep your word and get this done. You have over $20,000 from us and you need to honor your commitment and do what is right.

It will not be our fault if you wait more than 1 week to check this thread. Obviously you and Sara are working on other things and have access to the internet.

Well, we're only a few hours away from my 50th birthday, maybe for my birthday we'll have an update from paul as to what is happening on this thread.

I don't doubt MIMIC's original intentions, but we've moved well beyond any rational explanations in this project. The recent post sounds like just a shuffle of previous responses and still not a timeline (not that promising one would be worth anything). Promises of upcoming work. Explanations of delays that contradict previous reasoning. Heck, I still remember times when I was within a month of shipping. That doesn't jive with "oh hey, this was way harder than I thought due to decisions I made two years ago." And why are refunds tied to when stuff gets finished? You can't request a refund until your armor is done? That doesn't make any sense. It's all just more delays and a carefully crafted message trying to calm everyone down.

Let's look at a few quickly thrown together examples that just point out it's all the same excuses+stalling. For years now it's been nearly out the door and now after 2+ years it's because the entire direction was wrong and it takes much longer than thought? You'll see below, MIMIC was telling me with confidence that he had figured out how long the process takes after trial and error. That was over a year and a half ago!

Sept 24, 2017 - "Ill get get a few of the other bits cast, trimmed, polished and then I can show those together and get some photos of it being worn!"

Oct 30, 2017 - "back in the workshop FULL TIME!!! From the end of this week for the foreseeable future, until all of your armor is delivered!"

Jan 11, 2018 - "the first few took a little practice, practice I hadn't factored into timelines. I made a mistake that set me back a few weeks. It was simply some tweaking that took me a while to get to a point I preferred."

Jan 18, 2018 (PM) - "Yes but it is only now I’m at a point where I’m producing them and know how long roughly each takes me. "

Oct 3, 2018 - "Everyone I can happily inform you, you will all see a huge turnaround on this project this month!!- We will definitely be shipping full sets of armor this month!"

Oct 18, 2018 - "Everyone who thinks we make good stuff and are just planning to wait and get your set of armor shipped ASAP -thank you you’ll get it before Xmas and won’t be disappointed you waited."

Feb 27, 2019 - "But the short version of the update is casting begins next week!!!"

Mar 12, 2019 - "The helmet needs a few days of work still."

Apr 5, 2019 - "Shipping WILL BEGIN NEXT WEEK!! But yes probably it will be too late for celebration"

May 5, 2019 - "Finished armor will begin flowing from my premises any day, as soon as every detail is up to my standard- just please bare with me a couple more days in the meantime I hope everyone enjoys their weekend."

This just simply isn't a case of "I got in over my head" because you don't talk in terms of "this month" or "next week" when it's actually years out. No one is that disconnected from their own reality to think "Huh, I though it was 10 more days but actually it's more like 3 months or 6 months or a year or whatever. Oops." You don't get to the point of making half the suit of armor and then a year and a half later talk of how you only now are realizing that it takes way way longer than you thought and give explanations that you would have been aware of back in 2017. And after all this, still promises of shipping NEXT WEEK back in the beginning of April. So nothing has changed. Paul is attempting to paint a picture that doesn't make sense when it's clear that we're simply dealing with very long periods of time with little to no work being done at all and just about every excuse given to avoid returning money.

I believe MIMIC that you have done a lot of work on this. We wouldn't have half suits if that weren't the case, but 2+ years is a crazy long time to still be sitting here, still getting no sense of delivery along with very recent failed promises of "next week", "any day now", etc. I would like a refund and there's absolutely no reason why it should have anything to do with finishing my slotted set of armor, which is likely many months or even years away. If anything, that costs you time and money MIMIC to attach refunds to completion. If you are sincere, the refund should be granted today as it has nothing to do with finishing more armor. And for those accepting these promises of "raw kits" vs "part-way completed" or whatever - just note that the message provides not a single bit of evidence that anything has been moved forward in any way. And even if it did, we've been trained to not trust any of it.

Last edited:
I only asked for a raw kit because I doubt I'd get a refund if I asked.

But yeah no false illusions here. If anything happens I'll be shocked

I don't doubt MIMIC's original intentions, but we've moved well beyond any rational explanations in this project. The recent post sounds like just a shuffle of previous responses and still not a timeline (not that promising one would be worth anything). Promises of upcoming work. Explanations of delays that contradict previous reasoning. Heck, I still remember times when I was within a month of shipping. That doesn't jive with "oh hey, this was way harder than I thought due to decisions I made two years ago." And why are refunds tied to when stuff gets finished? You can't request a refund until your armor is done? That doesn't make any sense. It's all just more delays and a carefully crafted message trying to calm everyone down.

Let's look at a few quickly thrown together examples that just point out it's all the same excuses+stalling. For years now it's been nearly out the door and now after 2+ years it's because the entire direction was wrong and it takes much longer than thought? You'll see below, MIMIC was telling me with confidence that he had figured out how long the process takes after trial and error. That was over a year and a half ago!

Sept 24, 2017 - "Ill get get a few of the other bits cast, trimmed, polished and then I can show those together and get some photos of it being worn!"

Oct 30, 2017 - "back in the workshop FULL TIME!!! From the end of this week for the foreseeable future, until all of your armor is delivered!"

Jan 11, 2018 - "the first few took a little practice, practice I hadn't factored into timelines. I made a mistake that set me back a few weeks. It was simply some tweaking that took me a while to get to a point I preferred."

Jan 18, 2018 (PM) - "Yes but it is only now I’m at a point where I’m producing them and know how long roughly each takes me. "

Oct 3, 2018 - "Everyone I can happily inform you, you will all see a huge turnaround on this project this month!!- We will definitely be shipping full sets of armor this month!"

Oct 18, 2018 - "Everyone who thinks we make good stuff and are just planning to wait and get your set of armor shipped ASAP -thank you you’ll get it before Xmas and won’t be disappointed you waited."

Feb 27, 2019 - "But the short version of the update is casting begins next week!!!"

Mar 12, 2019 - "The helmet needs a few days of work still."

Apr 5, 2019 - "Shipping WILL BEGIN NEXT WEEK!! But yes probably it will be too late for celebration"

May 5, 2019 - "Finished armor will begin flowing from my premises any day, as soon as every detail is up to my standard- just please bare with me a couple more days in the meantime I hope everyone enjoys their weekend."

This just simply isn't a case of "I got in over my head" because you don't talk in terms of "this month" or "next week" when it's actually years out. No one is that disconnected from their own reality to think "Huh, I though it was 10 more days but actually it's more like 3 months or 6 months or a year or whatever. Oops." You don't get to the point of making half the suit of armor and then a year and a half later talk of how you only now are realizing that it takes way way longer than you thought and give explanations that you would have been aware of back in 2017. And after all this, still promises of shipping NEXT WEEK back in the beginning of April. So nothing has changed. Paul is attempting to paint a picture that doesn't make sense when it's clear that we're simply dealing with very long periods of time with little to no work being done at all and just about every excuse given to avoid returning money.

I believe MIMIC that you have done a lot of work on this. We wouldn't have half suits if that weren't the case, but 2+ years is a crazy long time to still be sitting here, still getting no sense of delivery along with very recent failed promises of "next week", "any day now", etc. I would like a refund and there's absolutely no reason why it should have anything to do with finishing my slotted set of armor, which is likely many months or even years away. If anything, that costs you time and money MIMIC to attach refunds to completion. If you are sincere, the refund should be granted today as it has nothing to do with finishing more armor. And for those accepting these promises of "raw kits" vs "part-way completed" or whatever - just note that the message provides not a single bit of evidence that anything has been moved forward in any way. And even if it did, we've been trained to not trust any of it.

Only if MIMIC would read this and respond honestly.

As I told him before, I will start coming after him and Sara publicly until we start to see refunds and stuff flowing out. I have given him multiple warnings with no response. He does nothing but ignore us and lie. He has done nothing in months, except string us along...it is time the people outside of this run learn what kind of people they really are.

Oh yeah... and so much for home being more active. Since he made his post on July 14th,?he has not signed on.

And for the record, I'm not in favor of public slandering in all arenas at all costs as I'm not interested in some kind of lawsuit or huge public fight, I just think we need to call this what it is and require - at least in this platform - that refunds be given or else a refund/renewal of paypal payments so that people earn some protection. Anything else is just fantasy and insincere.

A very happy birthday mate, but I doubt it very much
Yes, unfortunately it has gotten to the point that anything said my MIMIC can't be trusted untill either the item or refund is in hand. Pity.

Try not to think about it mate! Go and Enjoy ya birthday! And Have a good one!
Will do, thanks, i''ll continue printing my bb9 and see where we get to by the premiere.

And for the record, I'm not in favor of public slandering in all arenas at all costs as I'm not interested in some kind of lawsuit or huge public fight, I just think we need to call this what it is and require - at least in this platform - that refunds be given or else a refund/renewal of paypal payments so that people earn some protection. Anything else is just fantasy and insincere.
The problem I see here is that Paul has probably spent all the money on materials with no allowance for any muck ups and casting gone wrong.
If I had taken this task on, which I'm not saying I'd do any better, i would have made one or two sets first, a test prototype and one for sale then had a limited run of probably 5-10 sets and no more till that lot had been completed.
But that is me and I'm not in a position to attack such a big project like this.
I'm still hopeful as I have to be with the PayPal issue and in good faith would have liked a refund for peace of mind to reset the PayPal clock, one thing I will never let go ever again on anything else.

JSin Props came to the rescue. Waited 25 months for this picture.

Attachments

• FOTK 072019.jpeg
    FOTK 072019.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 132
MIMIC
You promised to send me the refund in the last week of June. Now we have the last week of july... and I realy need the money. I asked for the refund in May...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back