1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- one place open for May

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by MIMIC, Feb 25, 2017.

1. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

1 PLACE OPEN
    Im very proud to be able to announce we are doing a small run.

Every single part is being painstakingly built by hand and from scratch.

We are finishing each piece to a high standard, every edge and tiny detail is being worked to perfection. THIS IS NOT IN KIT FORM, these parts are going to be produced in a high quality fibreglass cloth with a perfect gel coat surface. This sale is for completely finished full sets of armour parts.

Everyone in on the run would not only be welcome but encouraged to have as much input as they like, if we miss something or somethings really off and its agreed here of course we will change it! We will do our best within reason to fulfill everyones requirements.

THIS RUN PRICE IS £925 GBP or equivalent for a limited time plus shipping.

Delivery within the UK is free. Delivery is available worldwide. Other locations may require a small charge. But we will do it as fairly as possible.

This is is the progress so far...

IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5573.JPG IMG_5571.JPG A6B27BF8-5015-409D-9A68-142849BE7D56.jpeg
    _20170225_195632.JPG 460341A2-387B-4F8F-8DF4-F680B5E8177B.jpeg 36B49281-A490-4A7E-9D41-0F993C606541.jpeg 0952527B-C15B-4871-A0C0-B22E9CC80514.jpeg 3F7A428F-D4E3-4E4E-842B-C715FCB45EFC.jpeg 222796B8-57D0-4E81-82D7-3C111320B07D.jpeg E7C3CE3B-6A76-43E0-8F0C-98FF103871C4.jpeg 9E33F5F0-4654-4EEE-AF09-66C47C9C35CE.jpeg B84AE460-DD6F-4329-BC71-C9E74DDDD05A.jpeg
    _20170225_195028.JPG _20170225_194936.JPG _20170225_194911.JPG
    Thank you for looking!

_20170225_195632.JPG

_20170225_195028.JPG

_20170225_194936.JPG

_20170225_194911.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5573.JPG

A6B27BF8-5015-409D-9A68-142849BE7D56.jpeg

B84AE460-DD6F-4329-BC71-C9E74DDDD05A.jpeg

E7C3CE3B-6A76-43E0-8F0C-98FF103871C4.jpeg

3F7A428F-D4E3-4E4E-842B-C715FCB45EFC.jpeg

460341A2-387B-4F8F-8DF4-F680B5E8177B.jpeg

222796B8-57D0-4E81-82D7-3C111320B07D.jpeg

36B49281-A490-4A7E-9D41-0F993C606541.jpeg

0952527B-C15B-4871-A0C0-B22E9CC80514.jpeg

9E33F5F0-4654-4EEE-AF09-66C47C9C35CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: First order stormtrooper full fibreglass armour

Any input appreciated, here or feel free to send a PM
    Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. UT Trooper

UT Trooper New Member

As someone who's built two FO costumes, one fiberglass and one ABS, I can say that yes the price is too high given whats available now. Not bashing you, just answering your question. People like Jimmiroquai have done a lot to prove the value of their armor; the flexibility and showing off his sculpting work. With his latest Shore trooper armor he's done some enhancements to make it lighter while remaining strong. So I think price-wise you'll need to be in the $700-900 US dollar range and you'll need to create some videos showing the durability of the armor as well as uploading some hi-res photos. I feel like fiberglass is great for someone who doesn't want to do the assembly work required with ABS kits, but at the same time ABS is much lighter and less likely to crack. Also, I think fiberglass sells well when the armor is in low supply, such as when the movie first releases, but as time goes on ABS versions become available at a lower cost.

MIMIC and ShadyCanuck like this.
  4. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hey UT trooper, thanks so much for your input! Honestly, I could not appreciate your honesty more.
    With this armour I was really wanting to go for a high end finish, the parts before moulding were going to be essentially bodyshopped, sprayed gloss black, flatted and polished to a high gloss until there are absolutely no flaws in the surface, no wobbles or bumps that reflect badly. And then the final pieces will have a high standard gelcoat finish with glass cloth templates laid in rather rather than just chopped strand matting. We worked this all out on the chest piece and have a piece of armour that's stronger, lighter, more flexible and durable that any other version we tried and has a beautiful even white highly detailed surface.
    I'll get some photos to demonstrate the flexibility, if the build time was extended we could definitely lower the price significantly, so I guess I'll try this and also to demonstrate the quality of product better with photos and if I can videos.

So, is anyone with me at a lower price but longer build time?

Thanks again UT, and anyone else who looks!
    :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. UT Trooper

UT Trooper New Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armour, **REDUCED **

Woah, I didn't realize you were painting the armor as well. For that reason, a higher price makes sense. I don't think there is anyone out there who is delivering a painted kit today.

The armor is looking great. Here are few things I see other than the obvious (missing ab boxes, belt boxes, TD, hand plates, butt):
    1. The cod is wrong. It looks great, and would be cool if it were built like this, but the cod in the movie doesn't look like that.
    2. The middle of the chest on the side look to have a point when they should be more rounded
    3. Top of the thighs look good, but be careful with showing too much of the undersuit. Another vendor had this problem and updated their molds to cover more of the top of the leg.
    4. With the shoulder-back-yolk area we've had issues with it cracking on other kits. Might want to reinforce that area if not done so already.

Can't wait to see the finished product

6. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

_20170227_162114.JPG _20170227_162042.JPG
    _20170227_162013.JPG
    _20170227_161954.JPG
    _20170227_161921.JPG
    _20170227_161851.JPG
    _20170227_161809.JPG
    _20170227_161745.JPG

So here are some pics showing just how flexible high quality fibreglass can be. This is the biggest difference between this armour and other glass products, chopped strand is brittle, cheaper, and super fast to lay whereas the cloth all needs cutting exactly to templates and carefully laying. It takes so much more time to build this way but makes a superior product.

Also the surface is a gelcoat. Again FAR superior to a painted surface. For anyone who doesn't know what that surface is like think of the surface of a Boat or bath tub had. Super hard, very high quality.

Okay so I've dropped the price by increasing the build time, come on guys we only need a couple of people to jump on this?
    Thanks again :)

MRFOSTORM likes this.
  7. Pikezer1337

Pikezer1337 Active Member

Hmm very temping if it all comes finished. If I was in the UK I would for sure but I'll let you know

MIMIC likes this.
  8. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

We can happily ship worldwide :)

9. bigkilo

bigkilo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What size is this scaled for? Are gaskets and belt included? What is approximately shipping to the US?

10. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hey, Shipping to US is approximately £40 and it is scaled to a person of average build and a height of 6' but as you can see hopefully in the pics there is a good degree of flexibility that will allow it to fit troopers a little bigger and a little smaller.
    No gasket, or belt are included, but all the white hard armour parts are and supplied 100% finished including all ammo boxes and belt accessories. Thank you.

11. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hey thanks for your input!
    The cod piece is wrong as it sits. Yes it's not been worked on as much as other parts yet so getting there.
    Not sure about which part of the chest you mean, the groove detail?
    I'll do a test mould of the thighs and hopefully from that you can help me decide whether it needs a little adding to make it smarter, happy to do that.
    And yeah I found the week spot on top of the shoulders, we'll start by doubling reinforcement above the shoulders and go from there, it may help if I run some glass rovings in the edging aswell, as that won't add any weight at all.

Thanks again! Keep it coming :D

12. bigkilo

Okay, I'm in pending the price you go with - 700 sterling is easier to take a chance on than 850 sterling:)

13. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Okay, the run is ON.
    Bigkilo has spot #1, Thank you very much.

UT trooper, you were correct, I actually printed some 1:1 reference images and have adjusted the top of the thigh accordingly as you can see in the pics. Happy to make changes where we need to if we see what you're seeing.

_20170228_195106.JPG _20170228_195037.JPG

So final price on this run is £700 plus shipping and a MAXIMUM OF 5 places only at that price.

Now, who's going to take spot #2?? :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  14. blastmaster

blastmaster Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: First order stormtrooper armour, ** RUN NOW OPEN **

I might be in for this seeing that is going to be finished Gloss white, my question is can you shoot some pictures of the armor from the side view, or give us some idea of the thickness.
    I had a set from jim of his fiberglass armor and I sold it because for me it was too thick as well as the back side was itchy from the fiber glass. If yours is thinner, and will not itch me,
    I'll probably be in. So far looks spectacular!!
    Thanks,
    AL

15. bigkilo

You could always line the inside with felt to cover the fiberglass - just a thought... there are no problems, only solutions:)

16. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hey AL,
    Thanks for your interest. Here's a quick pic of the inside of a test chest piece. No sharp edges or nasty spikey bits here :D even when it's only roughly trimmed it's completely smooth!
    As for thickness the parts will be approx 2mm over most of the suface I would imagine but can happily slice a test piece to get you a pic of the section through if you like?

_20170301_114957.JPG
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  17. blastmaster

Thanks It looks fantastic!!!!!I'll get back to you soon, most likely I'm in!!!
    AL

18. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Thank you, AL

19. Petegrfc

Petegrfc New Member

Does this include a helmet or just the armour? Definitely interested.

20. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hi, thanks for your interest. Sorry, no helmet just awesome armour at a bargain price :p

Thank you!

21. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armour, ** ACCEPTING DEPOSITS **

Hey everyone,
    just a quick message for anyone showing interest in my stormtrooper run, over the weekend we are going to begin moulding the leg fronts and next week will be ordering the gelcoat and materials to start producing the parts.
    If you are considering a place on the run now would be a great time for the project to jump on board and we can order materials in bulk to save costs and time. With the support of a just a couple of members we should be able to get this out well within the deadline.
    Remember deposits are secure in PayPal for 40 days and should you not be impressed with the work done in at any point we guarantee we will refund 100 % of any payment made upon request.
    It would seem a shame to only be ordering enough materials for my own and bigkilo's armour lol.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks again,
    MIMIC

22. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armour, ** ACCEPTING DEPOSITS **

Bump for interest... :confused

23. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: TFA First order TK stormtrooper , FINISHED ARMOUR SETS ONLY £700!!

*TAP TAP* IS THIS THING ON..??? lol

We'll, here's a quick update, lots of little jobs, detailing on the forearm. I've widened the hip area very slightly etc but mainly began moulding the legs and here are the first parts!

_20170305_181747.JPG _20170305_181817.JPG _20170305_181846.JPG _20170305_181913.JPG _20170305_181938.JPG
    bigkilo I'm re-moulding the chest as the first mould was really only for testers. I'm doing it with the nipples on and was planning on making a couple of edits but wanted to check you were happy first. Tried to illustrate with pics below, essentially removing a small slither on each side at the bottom and enlarging the holes slightly. Let me know, thanks.

_20170305_182929.JPG _20170305_182904.JPG

Again, going to be ordering materials very soon. If you want in on this project then get on the list! Need some level of commitment from those interested.
    Thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  24. blastmaster

Re: TFA First order TK stormtrooper , FULLY FINISHED ARMOR SETS - ONLY £700!!

Sent you a PM with some questions,
    I had another Question, will the Boxes/Ammo Boxes be part of the Torso, all one piece or would those need to be attached by us? Would be great if they where part of the torso..
    Thanks.
    First_Order_Stormtrooper_Standard_09.jpg

25. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hey
    Just replied to your PM. I was planning on having the ammo boxes already attached and moulded as one piece yes :)
    Thanks blastmaster!

SirRossage likes this.
  26. blastmaster

Fantastic,
    Thank you!!

27. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: TFA First order TK stormtrooper. FULY FINISHED ARMOR - 4 PLACES REMAINING

Okay so now a maximum of 5 sets will be offered here at this pre-order price of £700
    Anyone happy to support this project, jump on board for high quality finished armor at the price of a kit!
    C'mon people, you know it makes sense :D

Feel free to ask questions here or PM me.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  28. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Bumpage.
    Thank you.

29. Empire

Empire Active Member

Armour looking good! :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  30. Empire

Empire Active Member

For Helmets search Anovos On eBay and Look the their First Order line! They have a standard line which is ABS And a Premier Line Helmet made from Fiberglas that Is heavy to wear.

PL
    https://www.anovos.com/collections/...ooper-helmet-accessory-premier-line-pre-order

SL
    https://www.anovos.com/collections/...oper-helmet-accessory-standard-line-pre-order

I have the Standard Line and its an amazing, highly detailed helmet! Would Recommend!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  31. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Quick update... needs levelling out a little more but...

IMG_4943.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

Pre-order price ending soon!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  32. bigkilo

Re: TFA first order stormtrooper armour fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE ENDING SOON

Looking absolutely killer! :)

33. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: TFA first order stormtrooper armour fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE ENDING SOON

Awesome, cheers bigkilo.

Very very surprised and even more disappointed by the complete lack of interest I've had on this. So, I'm going to end the pre-order price offer earlier than originally planned. Congrats bigkilo you may be the only one to get in on this run at that price.

34. bigkilo

Re: TFA first order stormtrooper armour fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 7 DAYS LEFT

Once I get mine and show it off, there will be more interest, for sure:)

35. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: TFA first order stormtrooper armour fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 6 DAYS LEFT

6 days remaining at pre-order price if anyone else wants to take advantage of an awesome offer PM me.

36. Rogue Nugget

Rogue Nugget New Member

Re: TFA first order stormtrooper armour fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 6 DAYS LEFT

Does this include the helmet? I am highly tempted.

37. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

PM'd ya :)

38. Empire

Empire Active Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 6 DAYS LEFT**

Cant wait to get mine! Been waiting a very long time for this armour! And when I get it Im not taking it off! :lol

39. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 5 DAYS LEFT**

3 PLACES REMAINING, Thank you Rogue Nugget!

40. heartstopper85

heartstopper85 Well-Known Member

Re: First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 5 DAYS LEFT**

I wish I had extra money laying around, looking great I enjoy seeing anything done by hand amazing level of detail and attention, keep up the good work

41. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Thank you very much for the support and taking the time to post. I really appreciate it.

4 days left at this price.

Thanks everyone.

42. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 4 DAYS LEFT

3 Days and 3 places left at this price.
    Thanks to everyone who's supported this project in any way so far!

43. jai

jai New Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 3 DAYS LEFT

Interested! It was probably in the post but I'm replying cause I'm paranoid and want to make the cut lol. When do you think shipment would actually happen, and need the down payment?

44. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 3 DAYS LEFT

Hi there, thanks for the interest. Okay so the first sets are scheduled to begin shipping in the first couple of weeks in May, and If you want to get the armour for this price then you need to be on the list with a minimum of a 50% deposit paid in the next 3 days. After that there will be places remaining but at the full price. The offer price is as a thank you to those who have supported the project from its early stages and thus ends this week. Thank you, anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

45. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Quick update - will have the ab plate and ammo boxes done tomorrow for better pics but for now, HUGE thanks to input from members Empire, Rogue Nugget and T5H we now have a much more movie accurate ab section with the correct waistband and more accurate cod piece.
    Thank you guys it's exactly the community effort I was hoping for!!!

quick snap WIP...

IMG_4998.JPG

Thanks Empire You're on the list!!

2 DAYS AND 2 PLACES LEFT ON THE LIST AT THIS PRICE!

46. cookiedoe

cookiedoe New Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 2 DAYS LEFT

Hi MIMIC is there any chance you can PM me please

47. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished ** PRE ORDER PRICE 2 DAYS LEFT

Hey everyone, HUGE thank you to members Jai and Trooper 1975 for getting on the run at the pre offer price. That brings us to 5 but seeing as there's only 24 hours left I'll offer 1 last place at this price just in case - I don't want to feel like I've not given anyone a fair chance so thats it.

Quick update,

Ammo boxes are temporarily bonded but they're there just to give you the idea, and the now screen accurate plus more comfortable waistband thanks to Rogue Nugget's input!
    any questions feel free.

IMG_5062.JPG IMG_5064.JPG IMG_5065.JPG

24 HOURS AND ONE PLACE LEFT AT THIS PRICE.

Full price thereafter is £925, thank you to everyone involved.

48. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper armor fully finished * 1 SPOT AT THIS PRICE <24 HOU

Last couple of hours left if anyone wants to jump on now's the time, it's a great offer, together here on the RPF we'll make this the most screen accurate armor built
    PM me asap!

**UPDATE**

Okay everyone, Thank you first 5 guys on the list!
    if anyone wants to receive updates privately or fwd to another email let me know.
    Any questions let me know, this is now the full price £925 for the remaining 5 sets.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  49. trooper1975

trooper1975 Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper *GLOSS WHITE FULLY FINISHED ARMOR SETS*

Any new progress made on the armor?

Will this thread be updated with any regular progress or are you updating people privately?

Cheers

50. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Re: FOTK First order stormtrooper *GLOSS WHITE FULLY FINISHED ARMOR SETS*

Hey trooper,

next big update is going to be the first ab plate out of the mould but still a few days away with that. I've also been working on the arms and re-doing the clip greeblies to be more screen accurate after getting new reference from RNugget I'll put some pics up tomorrow for you, PM me if you have a private email that you prefer for me to send update and pics to.

Thank you