"Fortifying" commercial Cap shield

DavidCoppola

I'm going to be Captain America and have a low budget so I opted for the commercial one available, TFA one. While its better than the standard one, I'd like to somehow make it more rigid and stronger.
I'm trying to think of what could be added to the back of it. It's obviously round and oval, so take that into consideration.
Maybe some substance that can be painted or sprayed on.
I've never used plasti-dip, would that make it more fortified?
If so where can I get it?
Thanks!

This is just a guess as I've never done anything like that before, but mabey try some form of polyurethane resin and slush it or add poly fiber to it to make a paste and apply it. Car filler watered down with alot of fiber galss resin might work but your'd need alot of resin and it would heat up alot. Mabey strips of fiber glass matting.

Hope this is of some help

This is just a guess as I've never done anything like that before, but mabey try some form of polyurethane resin and slush it or add poly fiber to it to make a paste and apply it. Car filler watered down with alot of fiber galss resin might work but your'd need alot of resin and it would heat up alot. Mabey strips of fiber glass matting.

Hope this is of some help

i would say the same thing, is the one you have the plastic one? I'd use something like Smooth-cast 321 from smooth-on with some fiberglass mat or cloth

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back