FORCE FX MACE WINDU REPLACEMENT END CAP (2005 version)

ajb3art

So i picked up a sweet find today. craigslisted a local guy who wanted to get rid of his 2005 master replicas mace windu force fx. no box, no stand, and the endcap to the hilt was missing, but it works if u hold the guts in. question to you fellow bladers:

1) should i gut the thing and sell off the blade and electronics?
2) should i try to find a replacement cap for it and does anyone make replacement machined caps to fit the fx series?
3) should i just canabilize it and sell off its respective parts?

I would like to keep the blade and put it to a custom saber i make. but the mace isn't helping anyone with no endcap.

any thoughts on this? looking for advice or a direction to go, im happy with what i found for what i found it for but im not really in the saber community. 20150715_205556.jpg

well went with the dissassembly option. chances are no one is going to want the thing without the end cap anyway, so i figure i'll keep the mace and sell the blade and components cheap because its pretty easy to convert these guts into a lux im told. i dont even know what that means but i assume it means a single LED rather than teh strip in the blade.
so i think i'll customize the mace windu by building a custom innards chassis for it and weathering it up and selling that off too. i may keep it i dunno i keep too many props lol. so again any thoughts on the guts are welcome but i think i'll just focus on teh weathering for now and finding a suitable end cap and setting up the crystal chamber.
20150717_001925.jpg

Ok so i found a nice endcap for teh blade, a standard 1 3/8 sink drain cap. they sell these on the custom saber shop but i found this at lowes. also started working on the crystal chamber. got some dollar store flashlights and a small bulb holder from radio shack along with some screws and started messin. i can't find my box of crystals so i cut one out of glue stick.

20150719_170357.jpg20150719_183200.jpg20150719_183152.jpg20150719_182853.jpg

I never thought of using a glue stick for a crystal for this or other projects. I bet the cap at Lowes was half of what the saber shops charged too.

I never thought of using a glue stick for a crystal for this or other projects. I bet the cap at Lowes was half of what the saber shops charged too.

cap was $1 or $1.50 or something, dirt cheap. as for the glu stick i like it enough that im probably gonna coat it in food coloring then leave it, i actually like it a lot. go figure. i've never really done electronics or stuff like this so im winging it with this test build, then im gonna really tackle one for my LUKE ANH master replica that i emptied out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back