Force FX Light Saber?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mosarmini

Hello RPF-ers! There's a comic con coming up in New Orleans next week, and I'm trying to find a way to remove the blade from the hilt of my Force FX Light Saber r( I have the non-removeable one) can anyone help me out here? I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm still a noob :p

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mosarmini

Oh and by the way if I posted in the wrong area I am deeply sorry, I'm not too familiar with where to post where :/

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
You are in luck as that is one of theeasier ones to remove. The Vader was also originaly design to have a removeable blade. If you have an early model, like I did, you will actually have a removeable blade that plugs into a multi-pin socket. Later models did away with this multi-pin socket combo. The hardest part is not breaking the little plastic fake wires on the outside of the hilt. They are just glued on.

mosarmini

Oh ok that made me a bit more relieved, because I'm going as Vader for this comic con and I really wanted to have the hilt on me but without having to carry a huge blade with it haha

ARKM

Sr Member
If you want to convert the saber to have a removable blade and a single LED in the hilt, The Custom Saber Shop offers such a kit and has a tutorial for the conversion process. Here's a link to the tutorial...

05 MR Vader - Done & kits available

Last edited:

mosarmini

Whoa thaanks for that link man, I'mma most probably follow that! Since I don't plan on dueling I hope it should be relatively easy to put back :p