For you Clive Cussler / Titanic fans...

WolfMorganFX

Aside from props, my other main interest is the Titanic, & deep sea submersibles... I've also been a huge Cussler fan for many years, & can never get enough of Dirk Pitt...
icon_wink.gif
They are finaly making another CC movie, 'Sahara'... I can't wait!

For relaxation, I putter on models... Here's my tribute to 'Raise the Titanic'... I have 3 other titanic's going, from a pristine display piece, a larger-scale RTT version, & a 4-foot diarama of the complete wreck on the ocean floor, which will be my most extensive piece to date...

RTT-1.jpg

RTT-2.jpg

The trapped minisub on the bow...
RTT-sub.jpg

Lifting off the ocean floor ( an old seaview base)...
RTT-base.jpg

& it's just under 8" long...
icon_wink.gif
The others are around 24"...
RTT-scale.jpg

GODZILLA!!!!!! Oh, wait... Wrong movie...
icon_wink.gif

RTT-pred.jpg

Wolf

Wolf, you're a NUMA fan too? Sweet! I love Dirk, Al and Rudi!
icon_smile.gif

As for the movie, Raise the Titanic, I thought they could have done better than Richard Jordan for Dirk...that beard just didn't work for me...

You got PM!

Stay safe.

Wolf, you eer see that old photo (Life Mag, I think) of some old guy in a wet suit towing the RtT filming model with a rope? It was a pretty cool photograph!

Yeah, I love the behind the scenes photos! I have about a dozen of them, the funniest one shows one of the crew standing on the deck, it's like 'Attack of the 50 foot grip'...
icon_wink.gif

It's a shame the original 55' model was sunk somewheres between Florida & Cuba... Despite the inaccuracies, it was a beautiful replica... For a rusting wreck...
icon_smile.gif

Wolf

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
WolfMorganFX wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
...the funniest one shows one of the crew standing on the deck, it's like 'Attack of the 50 foot grip'...
icon_wink.gif

Wolf
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I haven't seen that one! If you ever get the chnace, scan it an post it or PM me with it!

I didn't realize the filming model was quite THAT big! 55' is HUGE!! For Camerons, the model was 44' or something like that, wasn't?

Do you have any progress pics of the sunken "T" diorama you mentioned?

Another NUMA fan reporting in. Have all the CC books in hardcover.
Wolf--where did your hear of Sahara beign picked up for filming?
If true, and not a rumor, I will be looking forward to it as well.

I believe the Sahara update was posted on the main page of cusslermen.com... I'll check it out & post the link...
icon_smile.gif

My wreck diorama is just in it's beginning stages... I have the main pieces of the model cut apart & slowly laying out the grid on the base... I figure I have about 40 more hours on it to go. I have to fabricate all the subdecks & bulkheads from scratch, as well as reshape the hull sections to their properly destroyed form...
icon_wink.gif
I'll post some pics as soon as I have it presentable...

Here's the pics of the RTT filming model...
film12_53.jpg

film12_54.jpg

film12_55.jpg

film12_10.jpg

film12_11.jpg

From another CC book, I really want to do a model of the Snowcruiser... the monster RV Perry took to Antartica & was scrapped due to tech. problems...

391026lph_snow.jpg

It's an amazing vehicle, & I've managed to dig up a bunch of pics of it... As far as I know, no kits every were made of it, so it'll probably be a scratchbuild project...

Wolf

Cussler should mount a NUMA expedition to locate and recover the sunk 55' filming model. Now THAT would be a fascinating documentary!

Another CC fan checking in.

I'm pretty excited about Sahara. I think Matthew McConaughy (sp?) will make a great Dirk Pitt. I still think Hugh Jackman would have been perfect for the role though.
ohwell.gif

Frankly though, Raise the Titanic was a craptastic movie.

Butchered, pure and simple.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back