For those pissed off with Pepsi! (aka, cheap Pepsi Perfect)

CaptChunkyChew

Hi guys, just thought I'd share a little thought that held some remarkable finds.
With the whole "official" Pepsi Perfect thing letting many fans down, I thought that I'd try and make my own. Then, while at the pub the other night, lager in my hand I realized it! the shape of a pint glass was very similar to the Pepsi Perfect bottle! So I googled "Plastic pint glass"- and I found this:
pepsiperfectpossible.jpgpepsiperfectpossible2.jpg
LINK:http://www.partyplastics.co.uk/shop...mxpno57igXpF81103bp1yNbDw71_SWpuJAaAqzw8P8HAQ
With some mods, a bloody good substitute? made of plastic, so no risk of shattering. Priced at £4.13+ shipping.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thinking about 3D printing... possibly... Need to buy a glass before deciding to carry on. I just posted it as a potential route for people wanting their own.

The second glass looks closer but its the cap that will be the problem and sealing it if you were intending on trying to make it usable or were you aiming for just a static prop?

I had intended on sealing it and making it usable, I have access to a laser cutter, so I will cut a circle of perspex and superglue it in with part of a plastic bottle glued onto it - which will be able to screw into the cap glued to the lid if that makes sense.

This is why I love this site :) Good find CaptChunkyChew. I think a 3D printed cap would be PERFECT (see what I did there) as you could have the cap printed with the flip top straw parts ready to go.

Yeah, now I just have to model the lid... how hard can it be?... I saw a great idea where someone used silver pinstripe tape that they use on cars to achieve the strip around the base of the cap, so it does not have to be part of the bottle under the cap. I find it quite funny how fans can make an find more accurate replicas than multi-billion dollar corporations can...

I believe you can get circles, and then bump up the number of sides to make it look really round... I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to make it before I start modelling.

Last edited:
reididtenroc good find! As Biff said "I'll take a look at it." I'm not familiar with 3D printing, so this could be helpful to compare any of my models. Unlike Biff, I won't carelessly throw it into my back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back