For those of you who like Apollo mission Hardware...

New project.
Apollo hammers. "Lightweight" and "heavy" variations. There were actually 6 variations, 3 of which flew. The one missing here, is the heavy hammer flown on Apollo 17, which was the same design, but had blue silicon "grip" sleeves on the handle.
Duplicated from blueprints of the original Apollo hammers.
These examples are 3d printed, but the final product will be steel and aluminum per the specifications of the originals.
These will be a pretty limited run, as they will be expensive to produce.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    901.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Found some back up discs from past work. Here are some space related work I did over 25 years ago.

We had a "spacesuit party". I think this was taken in 2000
GROUPSHOT.jpg

These were from a film we shot on La Reunion island, with scientists, mountain climbers and Brian Blessed.
IMG00481.jpg

Climbers.jpg

Mercury and Apollo One (Gemini) suits for "From The Earth to the Moon. Built in 1997
Mercury 309-6a.jpg
Mercury 309-10a.jpg
Apollo One 321-16.jpg

An Apollo A7Lb LEEVA helmet. made in 1997, also for FTETTM. It has the bubble helmet fitted, but an earlier one with a blue helmet disconnect.
MVC-628F.jpg
MVC-629F.jpg
MVC-632F.jpg
MVC-637F.jpg
Apollo A7Lb (LEVA) 310-24a.jpg

Copy of a Mark III experimental suit. These were made in 1997 for the film Deep Impact. These need bearing to work, and this one had $5000 worth of bearings. Today, those same thin race Kaydon bearings would cost $10,000-$15,000
MVC-665F.JPG

Full size LM for "Master of Disguise. Built" in 4 weeks by 5 people. The art director insisted the entire descent stage be covered in gold, "Because that's how it looked"

GEI LM med.jpg

Must have been just great fun on the LM. What did you do for the foot-pads? I have a LM leg that could use a shoe. I'd been hoping get enough parts to put together a near complete LM leg, as I have couple of lockdown pieces, but then realized, getting one of each piece is hard enough but almost every piece has to be duplicated. So at least I can do the pad and maybe make a ladder.

Also, Chris, I saw you had repros of the CM hatch, and wonder if any of those are still available.

Attachments

• LMLeg.jpg
    LMLeg.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 62
  • LMLeg1.jpg
    LMLeg1.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 60
Anyone know what happened to Mark Lasoff and his goal to make replicas of the Command Module main display panel? He's just vanished, site's down, not replying to messages on Linked In or Kickstarter....I'd love just to get his .stl files to at least generate an unpopulated panel that I could start detailing on my own.

I called 'em up last year, spent about 20 on the phone with his partner in this. When I asked about LM panels in the future, the response was "Oh, certainly!". Then >poof!<

Must have been just great fun on the LM. What did you do for the foot-pads? I have a LM leg that could use a shoe. I'd been hoping get enough parts to put together a near complete LM leg, as I have couple of lockdown pieces, but then realized, getting one of each piece is hard enough but almost every piece has to be duplicated. So at least I can do the pad and maybe make a ladder.

Also, Chris, I saw you had repros of the CM hatch, and wonder if any of those are still available.
Very nice. There was a complete, or nearly complete set of landing gear at the Charlie Bell auction. I ended up with one part (sold it years ago)
DSC00006.JPGDSC00008.JPG

As for gear elements; I have printed most of the hardware you can see on the gear, and rolls of Kapton of the correct thicknesses. I have attached a PDF of the pieces we have. As for the CM hatch I have one available. PM me if you have questions.

Attachments

• LM-parts catalog-landing Gear.pdf
    14.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to Mark Lasoff and his goal to make replicas of the Command Module main display panel? He's just vanished, site's down, not replying to messages on Linked In or Kickstarter....I'd love just to get his .stl files to at least generate an unpopulated panel that I could start detailing on my own.

I called 'em up last year, spent about 20 on the phone with his partner in this. When I asked about LM panels in the future, the response was "Oh, certainly!". Then >poof!<

Ya know, I was pretty interested in that, and then, yeah, radio silence... Was there ever any follow up?

I have finally finished the Apollo hammers and have listed them on the Orbital Surplus eBay page, along with a number of other Movie and Space related items.
Here are the completed hammers. The heavy hammer features a moon surface display, with a Falcon feather (simulated) in honor of Dave Scott's hammer drop on the Apollo 15 mission.

Apollo-Heavy-Hammer-Base25.jpg
Apollo-Heavy-Hammer-Base27.jpg

Apollo-Heavy-Hammer73.jpg

Apollo-light-Hammer79.jpg
Apollo-light-Hammer13.jpg
Apollo-light-Hammer38.jpg

Attachments

• Apollo-light-Hammer28.jpg
    Apollo-light-Hammer28.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 9
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    528.4 KB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back