For the love of God (Thor), will someone please provide an accurate movie Mjolnir!

rocket20

The Thor movie came out in May, the DVD in September, ...and still no high quality movie accurate hammer to buy.

Sure there's the cheap plastic Disguise versions, and the fairly decent Dr. Pepper hammer, but no high quality hammers with a metal head and highly detailed real leather handles.

Museum Replicas was supposed to have released one, but nothing yet. And if it's the one they displayed at Comic Con, no need anyway.

There are several individuals that have attempted to make the movie version, but with every one something isn't correct. Either the dimensions, are wrong, the head isn't the correct shape, the script or runes aren't right, or more than anything else...the handle isn't close to being correct.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some really nice ones done, but not one yet is a correct movie version. There are some in the works still, but jeez, it's now almost half a year since the movie was released.

What's someone got to do to get a damn movie accurate hammer in a timely manner?

(Bettin' the over/under on how many will say "Make it your friggin' self!")

Last edited:
Re: For the love of God (Thor), will someone please provide an accurate movie Mjolnir

And what would be your budget for such a hammer?

Re: For the love of God (Thor), will someone please provide an accurate movie Mjolnir

Well several were used for filming, and they look different... Also, the Avengers version is different too. I doubt you'll find one "exactly" like the movie.

I am with you, but I wouldn't mind having both myself

Well several were used for filming, and they look different... Also, the Avengers version is different too. I doubt you'll find one "exactly" like the movie.

Well, sure. There were stunt hammers, with different weights, etc. But they all had the same design. Not favoring the Avengers version.

One like this will do fine.

that looks like the 10 dollar tru hammer with redone leatherwork, nothing close to the movie hammer with that paintjob on the head

that looks like the 10 dollar tru hammer with redone leatherwork, nothing close to the movie hammer with that paintjob on the head

It's actually one of the props from the movie. :rolleyes

Just started working on a Thor Hammer myself this week. Hope to have the first casts ready for tweaking next week.

Just started working on a Thor Hammer myself this week. Hope to have the first casts ready for tweaking next week.

Keep us posted with some pics.

Who will be the first to get my $$$?

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Last edited:

Just be forewarned-- Marvel is on the prowl. I have received C&D as well as calls from their lawyers, they shut down my website temporaraly as well as other actions that I dont need to go into. They said my stuff was too good and their licensee was worried. So a dead accurate version is for sure what they are looking out for, but anything close is on their radar as well. just sayin----

Just be forewarned-- Marvel is on the prowl. I have received C&D as well as calls from their lawyers, they shut down my website temporaraly as well as other actions that I dont need to go into. They said my stuff was too good and their licensee was worried. So a dead accurate version is for sure what they are looking out for, but anything close is on their radar as well. just sayin----

Oh man, that sucks to hear. Your hammers are amazing. Curse those evil Disney lawyers.

Take down those pics, Oz... We don't want you getting in trouble either.

:cry

I heard that MARVEL has the best C&D letter with all the characters on it. True?

As amusing as that sounds, I'm not eager to find out.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back