For Labyrinth and Dark Crystal fans

iycis

Sr Member
I found out about this from the 'World of Froud' facebook page. Its a full day workshop at a gallery in NYC with Brian and Wendy Froud. Brian worked as a conceptual designer with Jim Henson on Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. He and his wife are also a amazing fantasy artists through their series of Faery books, etc. I'm really considering taking this workshop as I've been a fan for a long time and I think this would be a very unique opportunity to create a sculptural 'prop'. Anybody else in the area interested in going?

Animazing Shopping - **Creating a Faery Companion with Wendy & Brian Froud: SATURDAY NOV 19

Aside from that, the gallery will be opening a show of the Frouds' work that will be on display after December 1st.

More info here: ANIMAZING GALLERY | THE FROUDS Event Press Release

booksandcorsets

Sr Member
Looks amazing (and very fun!) but I'm going to be out of town that day. However I'll definitely be taking a day trip to the gallery once the show is open!

Auryn

If I lived closer or could afford the trip I would totally go.
If you do end up going I would love to see a write up of your experience.

iycis

Sr Member
Ok, I signed up. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the past two days. I am SO excited! I'm hoping they'll be ok with me taking photos during the workshop.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.