For gamers: what games would you like remade/updated?

Wes R

Legendary Member
For me it would be the original 2 Deus Ex games (have a HR 2 and then tie it in with the original more to give more closure to the open ending of HR1).
Final Fantasy 7. Square is danged near bankrupt and refuses to do this game even though they have all the character models from the other FF7 games and movie. This would make them a fortune.
I want a port of the Iphone Transformers G1 game.
I'd love someone to do collections of NES/SNES and sega games updated for new systems. New graphics and maybe storyline items only but not changing how the game is played (no turning it into a FPS or something).
I'd love the shadowrun games to be remade (again no making them an FPS) and have the Japanese only one brought over.
Metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 Solid snake (no snake's revenge crap please): the creator said he'd give the okay but doesn't have time to do it himself. I think making them to play like the MGS games would work really well and it would get tons of new gamers who are fans of the MGS series.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I would love for it to still have the same comedic sense and gameplay, but with a better graphics and a solid story.

Outlander on the sega genesis and super Nintendo. It was a Mad Max/Road Warrior rip-off, and I loved it.

43c2acec.jpg

This game could be sooooo much fun on today's systems.

I'd like to see a new version of the Crusader No Remorse/No Regret games. They would have to keep the same format, not change it to FPS though. The Wing Commander series needs a new game, as does the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series.

I agree. Outlander was one of those gems i found at the local game store. It's how i found the SNES shadowrun and 7th Saga. I'd love to see the Mutant League games back. I wonder how much it would cost to get the rights to half these games and remake them. I still want to start up a hobby gaming making team, if we couldn't get/afford the games we could at least use them for inspiration.
The one issue is the mainstream game industry is aiming at kids and have forgotten the adult gamers who want more than FPS games. Plus a lot of these companies have been sucked up by big publishers who don't want to take risks by anything that isn't the flavor of the moment.

Edit: The only wing commander i know of is a fan based game that takes place in the same universe but i think it's been spinning it's wheels. I seriously want to do my own small hobby game making but i haven't' found anyone to do it that doesn't want huge money. For some reason hobby equates payment these days.

Rolling Thunder

118124215780.png

I liked this one and Rush'n Attack. I wish the arcade companies would put out their arcade games for the new systems, i mean there are so many good games and it would make mame cabinet building so much easier. I know some of them were put out for the PS1 and such but still a lot of the later 80s ones weren't.

I want to see the remake Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi with more characters.

Darth Maul vs Yoda
Darth Vader vs Obi Wan
Jar Jar vs Chewbacca (with finish him feature)

I want to see the remake Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi with more characters.

Darth Maul vs Yoda
Darth Vader vs Obi Wan
Jar Jar vs Chewbacca (with finish him feature)

YESS!!!!

another vote for x-wing vs tie

I'd like to see "Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury" get made.

Judgment Rites, 25th Anniversary & Next Gen: A Final Unity.
Loved those games

How about Rebel Assault III while I'm at it.

X-Wing / Tie Fighter

Carrier Command

Captive / Hired Guns

Shadow Of The Beast ( Skyrim style RPG? )

Well the original x-com is getting a remake but i'd like to see terror from the deep and apocalypse redone. The original duke nukems redone would be good too. I'd like to see a new version of Rise of the Dragon and Snatcher (there is a playstation one but only in japan) as well as policenauts which never got to the US. They need to also bring over Front mission 5.

The original X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance.

The original Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

The old Sierra adventure games.

Not a remake, but I'd like to see Fred Ford, III and Paul Reich's vision of Star Control 3, and then sweep the "official" one under the rug for good.

And another vote for Outlander. I'd LOVE to play a good Mad Max style game.

How about a remake of the NES Mad Max game? It had so much promise that fell through. Adventure Island 3 anyone? I wish some company would make platform games like the old systems, you find them online all the time but i guess nobody wants to try and get them made for systems.

The original X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance.

The original Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

The old Sierra adventure games.

Yes!!

Add to that "Neuromancer", based on the William Gibson book of the same name, and "Out of This World" (also known as "Another World").

I wish Brian Fargo could get EA to come off the rights to Wasteland, the prototype of Fallout, he got them to give him the rights to a sequel at least. Also Bad Blood for the PC was a good RPG. There are a lot of post apocalyptic and cyberpunk games that could do with a remake. Also the original Battletech games from the PC days would work too.

I would like to add Dark Forces to the list of excellent SW games that is due for an update or remake. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back