For gamers: what games would you like remade/updated?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Wes R, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

For me it would be the original 2 Deus Ex games (have a HR 2 and then tie it in with the original more to give more closure to the open ending of HR1).
    Final Fantasy 7. Square is danged near bankrupt and refuses to do this game even though they have all the character models from the other FF7 games and movie. This would make them a fortune.
    I want a port of the Iphone Transformers G1 game.
    I'd love someone to do collections of NES/SNES and sega games updated for new systems. New graphics and maybe storyline items only but not changing how the game is played (no turning it into a FPS or something).
    I'd love the shadowrun games to be remade (again no making them an FPS) and have the Japanese only one brought over.
    Metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 Solid snake (no snake's revenge crap please): the creator said he'd give the okay but doesn't have time to do it himself. I think making them to play like the MGS games would work really well and it would get tons of new gamers who are fans of the MGS series.

2. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I would love for it to still have the same comedic sense and gameplay, but with a better graphics and a solid story.

3. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Outlander on the sega genesis and super Nintendo. It was a Mad Max/Road Warrior rip-off, and I loved it.

[​IMG]

This game could be sooooo much fun on today's systems.

4. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I'd like to see a new version of the Crusader No Remorse/No Regret games. They would have to keep the same format, not change it to FPS though. The Wing Commander series needs a new game, as does the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series.

5. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I agree. Outlander was one of those gems i found at the local game store. It's how i found the SNES shadowrun and 7th Saga. I'd love to see the Mutant League games back. I wonder how much it would cost to get the rights to half these games and remake them. I still want to start up a hobby gaming making team, if we couldn't get/afford the games we could at least use them for inspiration.
    The one issue is the mainstream game industry is aiming at kids and have forgotten the adult gamers who want more than FPS games. Plus a lot of these companies have been sucked up by big publishers who don't want to take risks by anything that isn't the flavor of the moment.

Edit: The only wing commander i know of is a fan based game that takes place in the same universe but i think it's been spinning it's wheels. I seriously want to do my own small hobby game making but i haven't' found anyone to do it that doesn't want huge money. For some reason hobby equates payment these days.

6. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Rolling Thunder

[​IMG]

7. Flecktarn92

Flecktarn92 Active Member

Streets of Rage from the Sega Genesis 3(?)

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I liked this one and Rush'n Attack. I wish the arcade companies would put out their arcade games for the new systems, i mean there are so many good games and it would make mame cabinet building so much easier. I know some of them were put out for the PS1 and such but still a lot of the later 80s ones weren't.

9. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

I want to see the remake Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi with more characters.

Darth Maul vs Yoda
    Darth Vader vs Obi Wan
    Jar Jar vs Chewbacca (with finish him feature)

10. Borjis

Borjis Well-Known Member

YESS!!!!

another vote for x-wing vs tie

I'd like to see "Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury" get made.

Judgment Rites, 25th Anniversary & Next Gen: A Final Unity.
    Loved those games

How about Rebel Assault III while I'm at it.

11. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

space harrier
    gyruss
    tempest
    tail gunner

quake 3 (quake 4 sucked)

sw galaxies... pre cu

12. Shadow345

Shadow345 Well-Known Member

Ghouls n Ghosts

13. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

X-Wing / Tie Fighter

Carrier Command

Captive / Hired Guns

Shadow Of The Beast ( Skyrim style RPG? )

14. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Well the original x-com is getting a remake but i'd like to see terror from the deep and apocalypse redone. The original duke nukems redone would be good too. I'd like to see a new version of Rise of the Dragon and Snatcher (there is a playstation one but only in japan) as well as policenauts which never got to the US. They need to also bring over Front mission 5.

15. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

The original X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance.

The original Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

The old Sierra adventure games.

Not a remake, but I'd like to see Fred Ford, III and Paul Reich's vision of Star Control 3, and then sweep the "official" one under the rug for good.

And another vote for Outlander. I'd LOVE to play a good Mad Max style game.

16. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

How about a remake of the NES Mad Max game? It had so much promise that fell through. Adventure Island 3 anyone? I wish some company would make platform games like the old systems, you find them online all the time but i guess nobody wants to try and get them made for systems.

17. WarPig

WarPig Sr Member

Yes!!

Add to that "Neuromancer", based on the William Gibson book of the same name, and "Out of This World" (also known as "Another World").

18. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I wish Brian Fargo could get EA to come off the rights to Wasteland, the prototype of Fallout, he got them to give him the rights to a sequel at least. Also Bad Blood for the PC was a good RPG. There are a lot of post apocalyptic and cyberpunk games that could do with a remake. Also the original Battletech games from the PC days would work too.

19. Fizbin

Fizbin Well-Known Member

I would like to add Dark Forces to the list of excellent SW games that is due for an update or remake. :thumbsup

20. Robert Paulson

Robert Paulson New Member

I'd like to play a current-gen version of The Immortal or Shadowrun.

21. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interstate '76

22. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Sadly Microsoft owns FASA who apparently kept the rights to the Shadowrun videogames and Wizards of teh coast owns the paper version so i'm not sure we'd find any good version to come. If anyone did it i'd want the people at Eidos who did Deus Ex: HR to do it as it felt like a shadowrun game to me.

23. DARTH SABER

DARTH SABER Master Member

For me it would be Soul Reaver and War of the Monsters (What a fun game that was!)

24. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Whatever happened to Legacy of Kain 3? I know Soul Reaver was Kain 2.

25. jedi573

jedi573 Well-Known Member

Oregon Trail. Yes, please.

Andy

26. DARTH SABER

DARTH SABER Master Member

Wasnt that Legacy of Kain Defiance?

I believe there were 5 games in the series -

Blood Omen
    Soul Reaver
    Soul Reaver II
    Blood Omen II
    Defiance

The only ones I really liked were the two soul reaver games though.

27. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

They've actually done remakes like one with Missile Command by they were half-hearted. Moon Patrol from the C64 would be a good one.

Edit: wow i didn't know they had that many in the Kain series. I only played the original.

28. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

The 7th Guest and the 11th hour. LOVED those games. They were revolutionary for their time but I'll best most of the people on here have never even heard of them.

29. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

There's a remake project for this game. It's a remake of the original trilogy and then some. Check it out.

Streets of Rage Online - The #1 SOR Resource Site and Fan Community

Trilobyte did such a fantastic job with those games. My college roommates and I spent hours on the puzzles in the 7th Guest. I thought the 11th hour was a little easier puzzle wise but I found the story to be more interesting (and definitely creepier).

Personally, I'd love to see a remake of the original Master of Orion. Macro-management at it's finest and one of the most intuitive tech trees ever. I'd give a remake of the old C64 Autoduel game a try for sure.

30. Flecktarn92

Flecktarn92 Active Member

And Windows only games rears its ugly head again. Thanks for the info though that's really cool, I'm glad the franchise is still alive and kicking.

Another game I forgot to mention would be Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for the Nintendo 64. I loved that game, loved the book and have most of the merchandise from that franchise. I would buy the game the first day if it was remade.

Drewid I hope you have something up your sleeve for that also :)

31. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I keep hoping some company like working designs will arrive and rescue us with turn based RPGs but not much luck other than stuff coming to Wii and they're not turn based. How about an action version of Where in the world/ where in time is carmen Sandiego? I miss those games. Or good remakes of the original dragon warriors. Heck i'd love for Ikari warriors to come back lol

With Kinnect and the Wii Pong could be an interesting one to try.

32. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

I did some digging and I didn't see anything about a remake although there were lots of people requesting one. Would you consider a ROM file instead?

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire ROM Download for Nintendo 64 / N64 - CoolROM.com

33. CJS

CJS Well-Known Member

Definitely Soul Reaver

34. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Dark Forces 1 and 2.

X-Wing

TIE Fighter

Rich

35. who45

who45 Well-Known Member

ataris roadblasters, and id still love to see a decent star wars game that was as playable as ataris - tech is here but all we get is lame star wars games. i want proper x wing death star battles, proper falcon and star destroyers etc etc.

been years since i have been into an arcade - games of today simply dont have ebough interest to the 80s and 90s where they were leagues ahead of the home market. arcades now feel like they just have ps3's inside them

36. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

Elite and Lords of Midnight come to mind

37. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

I want an update/sequel to Star Wars:Battlefront

Long overdue!

38. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

Another one I would like to see would be if they updated the old super NES star wars, empire strikes back and ROTJ games.

I loved those as a kid... Would love to see what they could do with them now.

39. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Sr Member

Oregon Trail - The MMO. :lol

Honestly, I would rather have sequels to games rather than remakes - original stories (that may or may not be direct sequels, like Fallout New Vegas). In fact, I think a lot of games waste some resources where they could use the same models/settings and just come up with new stories (like GTA 4 and it's DLC - there's not a lot of new models and settings it's new stories within the same setting - they could have come out with 8 more DLCs based on the same city).

...though I wouldn't mind a version of Jet Set Radio Future on the iPad...

40. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Also an excellent choice, preferably with a mod where you can drive cars with no weapons or other gear, but can use a shotgun instead. :) basically a Mad Max mod.

Oh, and the old Wing Commander and Privateer games (well, the first Privateer, anyway).

41. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

The Shadow Warrior - Lo Wang

That game was hilarious! Sure it was politically incorrect but it had me in tears on multiple occasions with his slap stick, Bruce Lee'esk trash speak.

Multi-player was even more hilarious as you could taunt your opponents with his bad kung-fu movie speak.

Bunnies * in the bushes, talking about washing his Wang, endless smack talk... Too funny..

42. Angelus Lupus

Angelus Lupus Sr Member

What with the online Old Republic game, how about redoing KOTOR 1 & 2 (and actually finishing 2)? I'd also like to see the Jedi Academy games get a Force Unleashed style makeover.

43. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't believe anyone remembers Outlander. * I loved that game. You could actually see the motorcycle savages flying backward over your car in the rearview after hitting them. I had dreamed how cool it would be if the on-foot part were fps rather than side scroller. The 16 bit limitations and future possibilities seemed obvious.

Systemshock would be an awesome remake ala Bioshock. I have actually been replaying 7th Guest on the iPad. Very cool indeed.

For straight up remakes, Dark Forces and Rescue on Fractalus could use a graphics and sound makeover,

Doc

44. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Definitely the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games... or just a new game with all various Star Wars fighters. Could be fun to steer the Falcon into battle... or manage a Star Destroyer... but mostly fun to pilot the iconic fighters...

45. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

My ultimate game:

An intelligent game universe that responds to your character's reputation, which is developed through actions and connections with other characters. Then, basically a hybrid of Privateer (as far as commerce and the open-world quality), and a first person shooter/RPG, all set in the Star Wars universe.

Nobody's gonna make it, though.

46. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

The people who made Fallout could make one heck of a Star Wars game... or... better yet... a Terminator game.

47. who45

who45 Well-Known Member

i remember that on the philips cdi, i loved it. i also loved burn cycle - very blade runner ish - that could be great now

48. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Sadly the original crew has broken up. Brian Fargo runs InXile games, bethesda's busy killing fallout and i think a few of the Interplay crew went with them, Black Isle i think is gone, Chris Averlone is with Obsidian Entertainment who did New Vegas and might work on Wasteland 2. I'd love them to all get back together though.

49. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

+1. Also I'd like an update to Galactic Battlegrounds.

50. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

But they won't. Nobody will. There isn't a market for it. Well, beyond the two of us, I guess.