For Forum Safety, an idea.

If you're (not directed at anyone personally) worried about selling in the JY, don't use it. It's your responsibility to check out the person you're dealing with. Sale threads on message boards are there as a convenience. It's a shame that anyone has problems at all. I think it would be an unneccesary hassle for the MODs, and create a potential legal & personal security issue.

This idea is about as good as a submarine with screen doors. Sorry for being direct but im not giving out my personal info to a person or group of persons who I do not personally know... If that means I can't sell here.. then fine.. I sell on ebay or though word of mouth. My personal security and safety is personally worth more to me than the few dollars I may lose becuse im not verified through the RPF.

Rob

Originally posted by TheSt.LouisKid@Apr 2 2006, 06:40 PM
There is a recent new member here that makes this come to mind(no I'm not going to say who or why).
[snapback]1218615[/snapback]​

What the heck is this supposed to mean? I'm a relatively new member, and I can't be the only newer member to be "Huh?" at these sort of grim pronouncements; when's this other shoe gonna drop--otherwise it's kinda bs to make this sort of a statement...

Especially with the kind of comments that others were making in the 'Guy's a Kiddie Rapist' thread, about watching out for new members, etc., even though I firmly established my line in that thread (Kiddie touching...Don't like it, sir, don't like it at all), I'm gonna quit this place if this kind of having-to-always-watch-my-back feeling becomes the pervasive attitude around here.

And besides the point, that doesn't even make sense. The one to have done this was a registered member for years that people "knew" and had business dealings with--not a new member. I really don't want this place turing into a Salem... "Well, gnrlotto's (or whomever) annoyed me a couple times...Goodie Otto is a witch. burn him." That just don't fly.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back