For Fallout 3 Fans!-Vault 101 Jumpsuit!

I'm soooo not sure about this suit... If you look closely at the screenshots here you'll notice the suit seems to missing some details like seams (especially at the chest and the arms), also the bags don't match completely. And somehow the cut itself looks to "baggy" like it would be "one size fits all"... I also don't like the look of the cloth itself, in the game it seems to be a lot heavier, just like jeans textile...

I know, this is all open to interpretation considering it's coming from a video game, maybe it's the images on their store, doing the suit no justice, but I refrained from ordering one, even at the relatively low price...

But then again, maybe I am completely mistaken, so I am hoping to see a review and your opinion of the suit! ;)

Vault_101_Back.png

Seems like a good base to start with but it's definitely lacking in the details department... plus what about the PipBoy?

Yeah totally agree with others, Bethesda is missing some details. Shoulder joint trim missing, Seaming way cooked down and knee pads are off. I think denim is the best color match also.

But the most important part of any fashion is the fit. Which the bethesda version looks a little loose.

I spent a lot of time studying the mens version for the one I made. only thing I didn't have time for in my build was the leather forearms on the sleeves.

KImNW.jpg

...But the most important part of any fashion is the fit. Which the bethesda version looks a little loose. I spent a lot of time studying the mens version for the one I made. only thing I didn't have time for in my build was the leather forearms on the sleeves.

Oh man, your vault suit is fantastic! I'm currently trying to recreate the ladies version. I agree that denim is the best match. I think it would make the most sense too, it's a really good fabric for work clothes and was popular in the 50's.

Oh man, your vault suit is fantastic! I'm currently trying to recreate the ladies version. I agree that denim is the best match. I think it would make the most sense too, it's a really good fabric for work clothes and was popular in the 50's.
In New Vegas, they actually mention that the suits are apparently leather.
In which case, no wonder nobody uses leather! That sounds like a heat stroke waiting to happen!

I agree that denim would look best. The texture adds flavor, the fabric is definitely durable enough to be for work... :>

It's not awful, but at least acceptable for a licensed costume.
Closer look... some of the seams are in the right places unlike if you just got a standard mechanics jumpsuit as a base... but it's the same bright saturated blue cotton blend whatever material. Seen more than a few at conventions that people have either modified from generic jumpsuits or made from scratch or combined commercial sewing patterns. The denim ones are especially "legit" and impressive in person and photograph well. Plus there's no belt but I imagine that'd be a bit costly. And it's too cleeean! But at least that's an easy fix. :p

I just received one of these over the weekend, and I'm happy with it. Is it perfectly acceptable straight out of the box? Nope. Is it a good enough base for me, someone who's looking for a costume that's recognized by people who aren't going to check every seam and stitch? As a "hall costume" that I plan to dirty up, throw a Pip Boy on along with some weapons and armor, and walk around Gen Con or Indy Pop Con in? Dang straight.

For those of us who aren't soft part fabricators, this is pretty dang cool.

Just my 2 cents.

In New Vegas, they actually mention that the suits are apparently leather.
In which case, no wonder nobody uses leather! That sounds like a heat stroke waiting to happen!

I agree that denim would look best. The texture adds flavor, the fabric is definitely durable enough to be for work... :>

The only thing that actually looks like leather is on the forearms where the Pipboy goes. When I heard that in the game I thought it wouldn't make sense because real coveralls are not leather. Plus I doubt any vault had enough cows to keep replenishing their suits...

^ This guy looks so smug, "Damn right that's a PipBoy~!" <3

- - - Updated - - -
zookone This guy looks so smug, "Damn right that's a PipBoy~!" <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be starting mine here soon in a couple of months. I am going to have the Pipboy 3D printed to fit my iPhone 4, but I have to work on the Jumpsuit. Maybe in honour of Fallout 4 I will do it for Vault 111 as shown in the commercial. It gives excellent detail into the jumpsuit.

--Brick

Yeah totally agree with others, Bethesda is missing some details. Shoulder joint trim missing, Seaming way cooked down and knee pads are off. I think denim is the best color match also.

But the most important part of any fashion is the fit. Which the bethesda version looks a little loose.

I spent a lot of time studying the mens version for the one I made. only thing I didn't have time for in my build was the leather forearms on the sleeves.

View attachment 300384

Did you modify a set of coveralls or did you build yours from scratch? If so, any chance you can share your pattern?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back