Announcement Font Update

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Just a quick note that there were a number of inconsistencies and legibility issues within our fonts across the site that were creating problems for members across different platforms. We have made an update that should have corrected this issue and our font now should be considerably more consistent across platforms and should be more legible at differing sizes as well.

Most of you probably won't even notice the change as it is relatively minor, but we wanted to mention it in case anyone does notice and wonders what happened.

Is it smaller? Text seems smaller and almost muddy. Looks terribly faint on my screen, right now. Darken the sumbitch up a little.

It isn't smaller. We haven't changed the size or color. It is slightly less wide font but that is all.

In regard to color, it is already almost black; #222222.

It isn't smaller. We haven't changed the size or color. It is slightly less wide font but that is all.

In regard to color, it is already almost black; #222222.

There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
:)

I noticed the change right away because I have no life, and on my PC it's an improvement (the only device I browse the forum on). :thumbsup
There seems to be more difference in font weight between the bold and regular font now too, and the font looks a bit more legible (not that there was a legibility problem before). I like it!

Thank goodness. We still have a couple of people who are having problems... actually MORE problems with the new font, so I am glad it is better for at least a few of you.

I thought it had changed but didn't want to ask after my last thread asking if it had changed :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back