Font ID help

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Riceball, May 4, 2012.

1. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

I hope this is the right spot for this, if not then mods please feel free to move it.

I'm looking at recreating the patches worn by the characters in Prometheus like the one worn by Shaw on her skull cap. I've gotten the Weyland ID done, that was easy enough, but I'm having a problem IDing the font used for the names; I've searched all over but so far no luck.

Here's what it looks like
    [​IMG]

I've tried What The Font but the image isn't good enough for their recognition software to make out and searching manually is not turning up any results. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

2. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

No idea, bump.

3. markkNL

markkNL Member

Hmm, it looks familiar, but I don't know if the font I remember is the actual one. It is close though. I don't know the name now and I don't know if I still have it, but I'll try to find it tomorrow.

4. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I don't have whatever it is but it's four letters.

I could build it starting with Prototype.

It has an S that would work, the rest are easy.

If you just need that label I can do it up for you. But you really need the font. I don't have it.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. moviebuff5

moviebuff5 Well-Known Member

You could use STOMP Zeros for "SHA" and Consolas is close for the "W" but the sides are not parallel. I don't have an exact match.

6. markkNL

markkNL Member

I knew I had seen it somewhere else, it really looks like the font from Deus Ex, it's called Denton. It might not be 100% correct, but it's really close from what I can judge with that small picture. I'll upload it for you since I cannot find where I downloaded it anymore.

EDIT: here it is, hopefully you will be able to do something with it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/MmM5MNWK/Denton_1.html

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  7. DavyVO

DavyVO Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  8. markkNL

markkNL Member

I think it's indeed the Space Marine font, only a bit slimmer.

9. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

I agree, Space Marine is pretty much dead on except for the width/thickness which I can cheat by adding an outline the same color as the background. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.