Foamies/prepwork before painting

ofak

What is the best way to seal or help the foamies not absorb the paint (prepwork) after your project is done? Since foamies are one of the main materials used for armor, gauntlets, plasma canisters etc. I have seen some methods here on the forums, I would like to hear everyone's methods to see what would work the best. After hours and hours spent on a project no one wants to see it end in a disaster. :)

i just paint em. i never had a problem with the paint being absorbed. rattle cans and acrylics have both worked for me.

this is rustoleum silver sprayed directly on the foamies and acrylics on top of that.

DSCN5033.jpg

I'm a fan of the coat of cheap white glue method. Adds rigidity, a little strength and provides a better surface to paint on.

What is the best way to seal or help the foamies not absorb the paint (prepwork) after your project is done? Since foamies are one of the main materials used for armor, gauntlets, plasma canisters etc. I have seen some methods here on the forums, I would like to hear everyone's methods to see what would work the best. After hours and hours spent on a project no one wants to see it end in a disaster. :)

I've used watered-down Elmers glue (one part water to one part glue). 3 or 4 coats.

It makes the foamie more rigid, and it also seals all the pores so the paint doesn't soak in.

Mod Podge i heard is a stronger foam sealer than normal glue. and its flexible. you can get a jar of it at your local Michaels or AcMoore i think.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back