Foamies and Plasti Dip

DarthVeach

Hey all,
Been a LONG time since I have been here. I browsed thru the posts, but wanted to ask anyone who has used Foamies for their armor, can you use the SPRAY Plasti Dip on Foamies or does it eat them like spray paint does to styrofoam? I'd like to use the spray since i think it will give me more even coverage than the dip / brush on kind. If anyone has pics of their results I would like to see them. thanks!!

DarthVeach,

Welcome back!

I haven't used plastidip on foamies, but have noticed it does weird things to latex if the latex is thin.
I tried a little on a thin AVP cod armor and it started pulling, so I got it off real quick & put thin leather for a backing instead.

---
Ei'luj

Plasti Dip on foamies will work fine...the problem i ran into was plasti-dip will have a wierd effect on some glues (Hot glue for sure) so be careful on that end but plasti-dip on foamies will not have any problems

Works perfect. You'll get a little curling up on the edges of pieces that are just a single layer of foamies if you spray it on too heavy, but it straightens up pretty much as it dries. All my armor pieces are foamies and I used Plasit Dip to Prime them all. Found that it helps keep the hammered spray paint from cracking.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back