Foam Sanding/Polish ?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

I am working on a foam armor custom made. And It is my first project. While i was looking for reference on the internet i found the Mass Effect armor and it looked pretty awesome. Specially the smoothness that the foam had. How can I Accomplish this ? I have searched Google and haven't found anything that can help me. Here is a Pic I found so you can understand what i mean.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Whetstone

When you buy the foam, there are two sides one has a texture side the other smooth, should give you the texture you need, keep the heat moving when using the heat gun otherwise it wont melt evenly. also you can get a razor knife extension for you soldering iron which will make it easier to cut the shapes out of the foam.

Grave

you can use 800-1000 grit automotive sand paper or one of the green sharpening bits on a dremel.