foam qestion,

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thebigbadwolf

hey guys,

im looking for a soft foam that i could pour into a mask and it wouldent expand, but it will fill to make the mask and make
a display peice, what the name is this and where can i get ? durability is a must as this mask is going to be carryed around
as a prop for someone ona stick,

thanks

ernie

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

japgoth

I don't think there is anything like that...most of the foam are 2 part mix, and will expanded because of the chemical reaction this make the foam soft. I.E bubbles. Unless you cut foam lay and glue down.

Yarko

All soft foams expand so far as I know. It's a basic part of being a foam. If it didn't expand, then it would be just some weird liquid or resin.

But then, there are different densities of foam, and there are some that expand more than others You'd have to ask your supplier.

xdmray

well since it is going to be a prop why not use expanding foam? that seems like the perfect solution.

Uratz

I have a FX friend told me there are several types of expanding foam its like 1:3 or 1:8 expansion. I'm trying to get these in China.

thebigbadwolf

hey guys, thanks for the info, insted i used expanding foam, i was rushing alil, i bought the great stuff foam insulator
from home depot, i carefully added little by little so it dident get deformed, works nice and stiff m

thanks for the info guys

Strange

hey guys, thanks for the info, insted i used expanding foam, i was rushing alil, i bought the great stuff foam insulator
from home depot, i carefully added little by little so it dident get deformed, works nice and stiff m

thanks for the info guys
How long did the great stuff take to cure inside the mask?