Foam Ironman MKIV- RAINBOWTASTIC Build!

zatchdx

Last edited:
Re: Foam Ironman (Irongirl?) mkIV

Lol,thanks, I plan on hitting with some primer tho :p

Man,it's been a while since I started this thread! *Blows off cobwebs* Recently bought some 10mm floor mats from Kmart and started over on the suit. I half finished a 4mm suit but did not like how flimsy it was. Here's some updates :)

Using Velcro and glue to connect the pieces and will probably do the helm again as it makes me look a bit like a bobble head.

Last edited:

Starting (well, now finished) the ab section! Having a problem getting the abs underneath the chest piece, how are you guys attaching that?

Last edited:

Starting (well, now finished) the ab section! Having a problem getting the abs underneath the chest piece, how are you guys attaching that?
Some people attach the abs on the bottom of the seperate bracket piece underneath the chest It works for a few people, but if you want it to flex, you could always attach each piece on a certain area on an undersuit and hope for the best :p

Updates!!!!! I have completed about 90% of the bottom of the suit, the shoes being a problem... If anyone has any tips, they would be greatly appreciated. Once I put together the forearms, new helmet and back, I will suit up!

Once again ALL CRITIQUES,COMMENTS AND TIPS ARE WELCOME :)

*second pic is of the thighs, biceps are with the loki helmet.

Phew it's hot outside! Hello fellow RPF-ers! *cricket cricket* It's that time of the month again, where I decide to update this thread. Due to recent increases in perfectionism, I have remade the chest and back...and forearms...I have now completed the shoulders and am doing my third pair of shoes (those suckers are a pain to scale) The cod didn't fit quite right so I added a n extension and altered the abs accordingly.So, all that needs to be done is the left fingers, hip pods, the brace, the neck, thigh extensions, hand plates and shoes. And of course THE HELMET....wow, when you list it all out like that it seems like a lot... Happy building! Once again, comments and critiques welcome :) -Zatch

Oh and sorry for the rainbow armor, I know it looks disheveled. The grey floor mats I usually use cost 20 while these only cost 15, they are still best step, but are slightly thinner than the grey.

Looks great zatch! with all the different colors, it looks like it was made by hasbro! :lol
cant wait to see you suited up! :)

where did you get the rainbow foam? i use 1/2" floor mats and i would really like to find something a bit thinner. (its nice to have options!) i really need somthing thinner for my next attempt at a helmet.
thanks, good luck! :)

Helagak: The thighs and cod are 1/2 inch mats,from kmart, pictured in the first post. The chest and back are made of 1/4 inch foam mats from kmart while the shins, and arms are made of 6mm foam aka 2, 3mm foam sheets glued together using spray adhesive. And the helmet was a mix of 6mm and 3mm foam :) hope that helps!

P4r4dox86: Thanks! The build will be put on hold for a week, but after that I've got 2 weeks to finish before classes begin.

Quick Question for you guys! How are you addressing the issue of the gap between the cod and the thigh on the BACK? I've utilized Roy's Thigh Extensions, but haven't figured out how to do that for the back. Also, for the issue of the knee showing underneath the thigh I've made a custom piece :D Will update with pics tomorrow when I glue them on, still waiting for mum to take me to the craft shop for more glue.Happy building! Once again, comments and critiques welcome -Zatch

Re: Foam Ironman MKIV- RAINBOWTASTIC Build!: NOW With Repulsor Video

Hey Guys! Mini update here! After spending ALL DAY making a tape manikin, I decided to finally work on the gloves. I went ahead and did a quick and dirty repulsor light that turns on and off when you flex your hands. It's an easy rig for those few of us without soldering skills, lol. Basically I took the light out of its housing, put a bit of electrical tape folded in on itself underneath the led chip bit, FLIP OVER the silver part and glue it to the push button...umm this is using those generic dollar store tap lights. There's a video link, sorry for the low quality and my super annoying voice :p Comments and critiques are welcome, as per usual! Once again, Zatch signing out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P403oI2SPo

Last edited:
Your video is private.

Build is looking good though!

Where did you get the Best Step gray foam with the diamond plate pattern? That's the kind I'm using and if I can score some more I can build myself a smaller helmet.

Alrighty, it should work now. Thanks msleeper!

I got the grey foam at a local k-mart, so if you have one in your area it may be the best place. 6 sheets for 15 dollars isn't bad, yeah?

Re: Foam Ironman MKIV- RAINBOWTASTIC Build!-Bad news

Ok guys so I started college last week and moved in and all that jazz, I came home this weekend to finish my suit, only to realize I left my debit card in my dorm room which meant I didn't have money for rondo supplies :'( I managed to rondo half of it but this unfortunately means I won't have it done for Dragon con....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back