Foam Iron Man Mk. V build

keikeo

Ok so I have recently started to get going on something I have wanted to do for a while. No one has seem to really do the Mk. V suit in foam and since it is my favorite suit I have decided to tackle it. It's going to be a rough build for me cause this will be my first foam build and I am going to have to make a lot of the pieces myself from all the pics I have gathered and such.

I guess I was also wondering if maybe someone has started on this same project and maybe we could collab on it. I will be posting pictures here soon of some of the pieces ive got so far

Thanks everyone!

Keikeo

Hey thanks! Yeah it can get a bit frustrating at times.

I have a question for everyone out there or maybe just a matter of opinion:

Its looking like trying to make the mk V helmet may end up being a not good looking one due to the amount of different peices. so i was wondering if i could prolly actually take the main parts from a mk VI helmet and then just making the faceplate of the Mk V. would that be just as accurate?

Hey thank you guys for the interest. Ive attached some pictures I just took of what I have done so far.

Also, if anyone else is really wanting to do this build as well, I can literally give you all the info, pictures, pep files, CAD drawings, PDF's, and etc that I've gotten over the year of wanting to do this build.

2011-11-27231043.jpg

Nose piece

2011-11-27231016.jpg

Nose and surrounding pieces

2011-11-27230853.jpg

Breastplate

2011-11-27230839.jpg

Again

2011-11-27230803.jpg

2 of the 5 ab pieces

2011-11-27230725.jpg

Arc Reactor Plate

So those are the main ones I have gotten done. Let me know what you think about my idea with the helmet as well

Thanks of supporting this build! Means a lot to me!

actually, if im not wrong don robert has made one mark v suit entirely out of foam. its even battle damaged. maybe you can check his pics as reference? thats wad im doing for myself as well at the moment

Thanks yeah Im using some of his templates and mixing some others. Since there isn't alot of .pdo's out there for this suit im kinda having to make alot of it from scratch. it can be fun and frustrating at times cause it would be nice to make most of the pdo's made already haha

Yeah im going through my head and trying to figure out to actually put all the pieces together without all the glue lines and seems. i may actually just make the face plate from a mk VI helmet and then use my dremel with a routing bit and detail the lines in on the cheeks and forehead

Yeah im going through my head and trying to figure out to actually put all the pieces together without all the glue lines and seems. i may actually just make the face plate from a mk VI helmet and then use my dremel with a routing bit and detail the lines in on the cheeks and forehead

That would be cool , but becareful with the dremel . Good luck ~
BTW , where did you found the suit file ? Isit freehanded ?

yeah ive used my dremel enough and have hit my hand with the sander bit a few times. im a vet! haha jk

yeah it just seems right now the best route to take with those complicated lines cause it isnt the mk V helmet with out those.

Contact me when you have a chance I might be able to point you in the right direction for having a hard coated smooth finish for your suit. My mark IV is foam but you can't tell in the finished product thanks to the hard coat. It takes a good amount of abuse and keeps on ticking.

Hey thanks! I sent ya a pm. yeah tonight i wanted to do a little more work on getting things cut out but i ended up just doing research and thinking haha

Thanks everyone. Im going to start getting everything a little more organized this weekend. Make folders to put all the printed pep sheets in. going to start working on the helmet hopefully. Looks like I may have to actually buy pepakura designer so I can mod the files and such. Let me know if you have any more ideas for me. Thanks again

Hey everyone for not posting in a while. Life got crazy busy on me and will be for the next week an a half. Bare with me but once I am done with this semesters finals, I will get back into the suit!

Ok so I have recently started to get going on something I have wanted to do for a while. No one has seem to really do the Mk. V suit in foam and since it is my favorite suit I have decided to tackle it. It's going to be a rough build for me cause this will be my first foam build and I am going to have to make a lot of the pieces myself from all the pics I have gathered and such.

I guess I was also wondering if maybe someone has started on this same project and maybe we could collab on it. I will be posting pictures here soon of some of the pieces ive got so far

Thanks everyone!

Keikeo

Just to share, we already did a mk V suit in foam rubber. :rolleyes

http://www.therpf.com/f24/don-roberts-mark-v-w-i-p-pic-heavy-88542/

http://www.therpf.com/f24/don-roberts-iron-man-mark-v-march-5-a-109981/

199251_1915919214658_1142282326_2305690_6603393_n.jpg

good luck on your project. we'll keep tuned in...:thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back