Foam Iron Man Mark IV Progress (NEW BUILD, starting soon..)

Re: Foam Iron Man Lessons(Start to Finish)/Progress.

Hey guys. its been a while since i updated this thread, but i have my next video online. this video focus' mainly on gluing the sections together
Lesson 3 - Glueing the foam

i will also be updating my progress page on my website soon as i just about have my full suit made and have now started to seal the foam :)

Re: Foam Iron Man Progress / How To (Start to Finish). (Suit update)

Hey! sorry it has been a while since i posted on here, i have uploaded a quick video on my youtube page HERE on my suit progress. i will take some pics tomorrow and upload them also, and i will be ordering some items (silicone rubber, modroc, etc) tomorrow to be able to start casting the suit and eventually pull polyurethane resin pieces from it. :)

Re: Foam Iron Man Progress / How To (Start to Finish). (Suit update - 30th June 2012)

Thanks for the tutorials. So helpful!

Re: Foam Iron Man Progress / How To (Start to Finish). (Suit update - 30th June 2012)

Brilliant thread. Excellent tutorials.

Thanks TK!

Quick update, I have just received some molding test supplies that I ordered at the weekend. Its not a lot, maybe enough to mold maybe 2 biceps, but just bought it to make sure its what I need and that the quality of the stuff is good before ordering bulk.

As to when I will be able to get to order bulk of the supplies I don't know yet, as I have limited money at the moment and lots of bills headed my way! (Which is never good!) So may be a while before I can order bulk and start casting and molding the entire suit.

But the supplies I do have at the moment, I will update you on when I do use it, to let you know how it goes etc.

But before that I still need to make/upload a video of sealing the suit, prior to making the molds etc, so keep an eye out for that too.

I will take a pic of the supplies I have received today soon, and stick it up here so you can see what I have to work with.

Gary

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 3 Progress (Suit update - 30th June 2012)

just wanted to tell you i really loved your videos but its not a mark 3 its a mark 4 lol
the difference between these two are not that big but there are lots of differences :) just wanted to tell you !!! nice work !!!

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Suit update - 30th June 2012)

eek, thanks for that! i should have know as i have seen the files that tell me that about a million times! lol must have been a slip of the finger! Thanks! :D

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Suit update - 30th June 2012)

Hi everyone! its been a while since i posted but i have been very busy recently. I have just about got the full suit made in foam and sealed, there are just a few pieces left that i am working on now then the full suit will be in foam, i admit that it has taken me a while compared to them that can make a full suit in foam within 2 weeks but i just dont have the time with work etc, i wish i could have had my suit done in 2 weeks! lol
anyway, i have uploaded a few new progress pics on my website here and i have also uploaded a few more videos on youtube and my website explaining how i am sealing the foam that i am using .
I am jst re-doing the shoulder bells right now, here is a update pic on them

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Suit update - 31st July 2012)

what color did you use for the "gold" parts of it? looks awesome man :D

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Suit update - 31st July 2012)

what color did you use for the "gold" parts of it? looks awesome man :D

:s not sure where your looking but i haven't got around to the painting stages of my suit yet, so i haven't chose any colours yet.

quick update, i just finished building my foamm hands and fingers using JOwE's great files that can be found HERE

Great work mate! Those tutorials will be handy for alot of people!

Quick update on my build, i am just part way though re-building parts in foam and the last part i am re-doing is the helmet, i am taking tips from James at XRobots to modify the templates so i have no slits in the foam, the helmet is the last and final part of the entire sit i have to build in foam, then i can either plastic coat it using James' method, try another idea i have, or go straight to molding the suit :) let me know what you think of the new hemet so far.

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Helmet rebuild, - Aug 14th 2012)

i contine to make u the suggestion to reg pep your helmet mann this one is very nice but, you wont have as much detail as a cardstock one and also, you are gonna mold so i recommend you to pep it so that your mold and cast will be much better !!

Re: StarksWarehouse's Foam Iron Man Mark 4 Progress (Helmet rebuild, - Aug 14th 2012)

i contine to make u the suggestion to reg pep your helmet mann this one is very nice but, you wont have as much detail as a cardstock one and also, you are gonna mold so i recommend you to pep it so that your mold and cast will be much better !!

Honestly, i dont have the time or patience to build a regular pep helmet. lol. i have built a pep helmet in the past which took a long time on its own, then the glassing took a while too, and dont even get me started on the bodyfiller/bondo'ing it lol. but thankyou for your comments. im just looking for a quick, easy, movie looking suit.im not mega fussed about every little detail, do what i have now is good enough for me :) thankyou though

Looking good Gary..... I'm still following, just not very vocal as things are crazy busy with work for me too at the minute...

Keep it up dude :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back