foam cosplay....without pepakuta

wolf0

I to all
i've seen a lot of fantastic costumes made of foam without using pepakura....any one can give me some tips about how to make the models?
thanks!

Always use a sharp blade, check twice, cut once.

Use decent contact adhesive and be sure to not use too much.

Other than that, use other cheaper materials if necessary to construct rough ideas before cutting the foam. Card or craft foam (sometimes called Fab Foam) can be used as templates but foam especially also to add detail.

i've seen really 8ncredible photos of a diablo (front diablo 3 videogame) costume,i'miei thinking about create something like that out of foam

thanks to all!
Searching also for "measure tips"...I mean,basics guidelines for an helmet,a mask,ecc....

Check out "JfCustom's foam file thread"on this forum for tricks and photos.For example: for measurements for a helmet,just put a ruler in the opening of a door and put your head between the door.Then check the measurement on the ruler.
I personally use two books on a table and put my head on the table.Then I measure the space between the books...but the door works as well :D

thanks!
my idea is to make a general grievous (or diablo,I've not yet decided) 2.5 meters tall cosplay. i'miei not sure how to create the head (I want it to be more detailed as possible)

As a tip on measuring foam work, especially for helmet building.

When you bend thick foam to form a curve, it compresses on the inside and stretches on the outside. Obvious right?

What this means is that measurement you took of your head... well the inside of your helmet has compressed due to curving the foam, meaning your massive-bonce isn't going to fit inside anymore.

Plan Accordingly..... and don't make the same mistake I did :lol

To help, make a foam ruler. Cut a straight strip of foam and mark every inch, or half inch. Use this to measure your body as this also gives you the thickness of the foam itself. It doesn't fully rule out size mistakes, but it greatly reduces the foam thickness problem

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back