Foam Batman, Lighted chest signal test 29/2/12

Re: Begining a Batman Cowl out of foam.

Looking good. Better than I thought foam would turn out for something with so many organic shapes.

Re: Begining a Batman Cowl out of foam.

Ok small update here:
I was able to finished the chin guard and also fix some elastic to the cowl that allows me to still put it over my head and yet gives it the snug fit I wanted. The Jaw area is now more face hugging and sticks out less. Please tell me what you think.
Thanks J.

Here is the elastic, it goes behind my head and makes the jaw area fit more snug.
DSCF5223.jpg

Here are shot with me finally not having to hold the jaw area in.
DSCF5221.jpg

DSCF5219.jpg

DSCF5218.jpg

DSCF5222.jpg

Re: Begining a Batman Cowl out of foam. Added the elastic 21/2/12

Jamie, that is one of the best fitting cowls I've seen!! You should post this over at The Brotherhood Of The Bat if you have'nt already. Iknow they would love it there.

Thanks man, I really apreciate the compliments. I will have to go check out that web site. thanks again.
J.

Jamie, The BOTB is an awesome site. A great brother and sisterhood with alot of fantastic people and awesome outfits and props. Just make sure to read the Terms of Service before posting first. Just a heads up. I'd love to see your work over there as well and I know everyone over there would too. BatTexan, Graphic Jordan and Matt Munson are over there as well, just to name a few.

Just signed up and posted a few pics, and just got my first reply. thanks J.

Thanks guys.
I really appreciate the kind words guys.
I have just started work on the chest area of the body. here is what I did and have.
I started by molding two more domes out of foam, (see previous pages for how to do that).
DSCF5255.jpg

Then I cut out a template in card of the breast plate shape I wanted. Layed it over the dome and drew out the shape.
DSCF5256.jpg

Then I cut the shape out.
DSCF5257.jpg

I repeated that process for the other side remembering to turn template over so I didn't end up with two left or right pieces.
DSCF5258.jpg

Then held them up to see what they would look like. I think I have just the right amount of curve to them, I didn't want to look like batgirl.
DSCF5260.jpg

DSCF5262.jpg

Re: Begining foam Batman costume. Update 28/2/12

Ok so I have been rolling an idea around in my head for a while now wih regards to my Batman suit. I decided today was the day to try it out. Here is what I have so far...

i like it. alltho, how are you gonna light the whole bat? do you have some kind of netting behind the foam so you can have a seperate bat emblem and chest plates? or some kind of clear fabric?

The bat is glued onto clear plastic and that is then glued onto the chest piece so when you look at it the bat is floating in the middle. The lighting I used for the test was just one of those little LED disks that you stand glass ornaments on. I am going to try a few different methods to see what lights up best but mainly I will just make a box behind the whole bat symbol and line it with reflective tape ( or in my case kitchen foil) and put a few LEDs inside and then that should give enough light to light the all around the floating bat.

The bat is glued onto clear plastic and that is then glued onto the chest piece so when you look at it the bat is floating in the middle. The lighting I used for the test was just one of those little LED disks that you stand glass ornaments on. I am going to try a few different methods to see what lights up best but mainly I will just make a box behind the whole bat symbol and line it with reflective tape ( or in my case kitchen foil) and put a few LEDs inside and then that should give enough light to light the all around the floating bat.
im probably gonna steal that design :D

as soon as i can get the fitting foam, i want to make the desert storm armor modified with light and stuff, i had it in my head a long time now. the bat symbol on yours just gave me another kick :D i want to do it for the chest symbol, for the shoulder bells and some smaller stuff.
but first get budget, find foam :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back