Foam Batman, Lighted chest signal test 29/2/12

familyman

Sr Member
Been wanting to do this for a while, and so figured it was about time. I have been looking at several different cowls and cut and pasting bits of several together and I have come up with a style I like. I sketched it out and then drew over it with hard straight lines. As this is going to be made out of foam it will not be able to be as smooth and round as normal cowls.
Here is what I have, you see the basic shapes of the pieces I will need to cut.
I start tomorrow, wish me luck..
111.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Begining a Batman Cowl out of foam.

That looks pretty sharp. Not sure how it will be done out of foam but I like the look of it

thanks, It will be a challenge, but I love that. I am sure the design may change a little as I start building and come across problem areas. But we will see tomorrow.

This looks like it will turn out to be a really awesome cowl, I'll be sure to keep watching this :D

I would recommend using pepakura to make a rigid cowl then vacuforming foam over it to produce a foam cowl. I have a pep file for the arkham asylum cowl.

Just like all my other builds I have no means to vacuform anything yet. It is basicaly foam or nothing. I have little to no budget on this just like by Ironman foam build and my R2 foam build, my Dalek build and my Tardis build. I try to build what I can with what I have around the house. But thanks for the advice.
Pics coming later tonight.

@Fam-

This is why I love foam. $100 bucks in foam goes a long way.

ok so here is the work so far. Still a lot of work to do and a bit of redo as well.
DSCF5193.jpg

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5195.jpg
Is that dome in the backround foam? It sure looks it. I don't suppose you'd care to sharehow you got it that way... Unless it's just a heatgun and time.

Is that dome in the backround foam? It sure looks it. I don't suppose you'd care to sharehow you got it that way... Unless it's just a heatgun and time.

I don't secrets, I believe this site is a plac for sharing so I will be glad to share how I did it.
First I heated the foam in the oven (please don't tell the wife!,) I have two of those childrens hard hats, you know the plastic ones. I layed the heated foam on top of one of them and then placed the other helmet over that and pushed down, sqeezing the foam inbetween the two of them, then I taped them together and stuck them outside in the cold to cool down. I have pics that I will post later today.

Jamie.

I don't secrets, I believe this site is a plac for sharing so I will be glad to share how I did it.
First I heated the foam in the oven (please don't tell the wife!,) I have two of those childrens hard hats, you know the plastic ones. I layed the heated foam on top of one of them and then placed the other helmet over that and pushed down, sqeezing the foam inbetween the two of them, then I taped them together and stuck them outside in the cold to cool down. I have pics that I will post later today.

Jamie.

You, sir, have just given me the way to do an affordable "avengers" Captain America helmet. Thanks!

Jamie.

Whoaaaa!!! way cool bro! gotta try that one of these days, big thanks for the how-to for that!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back