1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run Floating Marksman-H Jedi Training Remote

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Trooper_trent, Aug 10, 2018.

1. HB1098S

HB1098S Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m only 3!

2. StarWarrior

StarWarrior Active Member

Hi Trent,

Please put me on the waiting list! I'll send you a PM as well.

Thanks!

3. Darth Ryo

Darth Ryo New Member

Hey Trent!
    Could you please add me to the list?
    Thanks a lot :)

halliwax likes this.
  4. Trooper_trent

Trooper_trent Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

List updated. Thanks guys.

5. Scruffylooking

Scruffylooking New Member

I would like to get added to the list please.

6. Erim3224

Erim3224 New Member

Hello all. So I’ve had mine for a little over a week and it is FREAKING AMAZING!!! I honestly cannot stop staring at it. I’ve shared the video I took of mine in my SW room (known at home as the Death Star, of course) with 20+ people! Everyone is blown away. If you are on the list or considering getting on the list, DO IT! It is so worth it! The work put in to it is incredible. That is about the product.

Now on to the service. The product is amazing, no taking away from that. But honestly, what did it for me was working with Trent. I missed the first few messages. Completely my fault. When I was able to reply, Trent was a total professional. Extremely polite and understanding. Once I got back in, he communicated daily with pictures on what he was doing and how it was going. Just outstanding communication. He sent instructions and tips for operation. When I, like a dummy didn’t read them thoroughly, he helped me get it floating quickly. Heck, he even helped me with the location on where I should display it after we traded pics of our collections! And he was right!

Bottom line, the product is simply amazing and Trent is a pleasure to deal with. I could not recommend this any more. Thank you Trent!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. Erim3224

Erim3224 New Member

Picture of the display :)

Attached Files:

Trooper_trent and zjunlimited like this.
  8. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks great!!

Erim3224 likes this.
  9. Trooper_trent

Thanks man! I really appreciate the kind words. I enjoyed working with you and am very glad you're happy with it. I hope you get a lot of good use out of it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Erim3224 likes this.
  10. HB1098S

Now I’m really looking forward to getting mine! Thanks for the great review! I’m excited Trent!

Erim3224 likes this.
  11. Jediwannabe

Jediwannabe Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Trent, I understand that I’ll be waiting a long time but can I get on the waitlist? Thanks!

Trooper_trent and Erim3224 like this.
  12. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello All....
    I can't agree more with Erim3224...Trent just sent me pics of my finished remote...It is truly a masterpiece...He is a true artist and professional..I enjoyed watching the process from beginning to end and am stoked she is now on her way to my door...Thank You Trent for the opportunity to be a part of this project...

R2trooper, Erim3224 and Trooper_trent like this.
  13. Erim3224

Erim3224 New Member

You won’t be able to stop staring at it! Congrats and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine!

R2trooper likes this.
  14. R2trooper

R2trooper New Member

Hey everyone! So Trent just finished up mine and is sending it out. I can't tell you what a nightmare this has been! The waiting, the watching of it get built....and more posts of it getting built...and more updates, and to really kick me, even sent me a video of MY remote floating, spinning, and lighting up!!!!

I hope you guys are picking up my sarcasm and jocular manner here!! Really though, Trent has been wonderful through the whole process, keeping me updated, explaining stuff to me that he has explained, well at least 33 times now, but is never condescending or nasty. He really loves what he is doing, and I hope he keeps this is to at least number 34!! LOL. I'm just playing around, I hope he never gets tired of the hobby.

Thanks Trent for draining my wallet...I mean providing this wonderful prop replica for us. I'll send in pics and a video of 'ol number 33 when she get here....which will feel like an eternity...

While I don't have mine in hand yet, the customer care and attention he gives everyone is really unparalleled. I can't recommend Trent enough!
    (this has been a paid advertisement approved by TrooperTrent)
    ....LOL, paid....I wish

15. Trooper_trent

Thanks for the kind words everybody! I’m so glad you guys are happy. I am having a lot of fun with these.
    List updated!

Jediwannabe likes this.
  16. Mpops89

Mpops89 Member

#28 Here! Im a little late with the post but, work and all, better late than never... There's not much more I can say about the remote/the production and shipping process/Trent's professionalism that hasn't been said already, it was all a perfect experience. After 4 or 5 tries, and a little frustration due to my own impatience, I got the remote floating and was captivated by it longer than I'd like to admit haha! This is not the final display for the remote but I had to snap some pics immediately after getting it to float for the first time.
    Thanks again Trent, this is now my favorite piece in my collection! IMG_5552.jpg IMG_5549.jpg IMG_5544.jpg

17. GT37

GT37 New Member

That is sweet, i like the base you had made.with it..Nice.

18. HB1098S

Hey Trent, what’s the deal w the Falcon chess board decal? Did you make these up? Let me know, thanks!

Chad

19. Mpops89

Mpops89 Member

Thanks, I can’t take credit for the design added to the base as that was something thought up between Trent and another member here, but I am very glad he was able to offer the design to me as well, it’s just the little cherry on top for me, well that and the awesome packaging the remote came in as well!

20. Trooper_trent

PM sent. :)

21. Trooper_trent

Thanks for the kind words and the pics! Love it! Glad you're happy.

Mpops89 likes this.
  22. halliwax

Wicked!!!

Mpops89 likes this.
  23. Johnnyfl

Johnnyfl Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking really nice (y)

Mpops89 likes this.
  24. R2trooper

R2trooper New Member

Well I got ‘ol number 33 in today. Getting it balanced was harder than I expected. I finally got it though. I have to admit, when I asked to be put on the list, I never thought I actually get one. Then the numbers kept ticking by, and some people dropped out...and then I had to shell out over 600 bucks! Not the dumbest, or even the most expensive Star Wars thing I have ever bought. It was a lot of money... but I’m glad I got one! Thanks Trent!!! Poor Trent, everyday he’d get some critique from me. The shading isn’t right here. More highlights here..it doesn’t look like the one in the movie! LOL.

Well, here’s a video of ‘ol number 33 in action. And yes, for the record I’m a professional photographer and videographer not using an iPad to video tape. I don’t talk in the video, so you can turn the volume down or off. (I just said video tape...god I’m old)

Ok....now I’m off to enjoy my Natural Light...it’s all I can afford...thanks Trent...

halliwax and Mpops89 like this.
  25. TheKorr

TheKorr New Member

Greetings from Calgary Canada. If you are still adding folks to the queue, Please add me to your list. Truly your training remote is a rare and amazing treasure!

26. Johnnyfl

Looks great and good to see a couple of Icons lightsabers flanking it! I think there might have been a bit of a problem with your steadi-cam being out of balance;) but other than that video looks cool and great collection(y)

R2trooper likes this.
  27. totoffe17

totoffe17 New Member

Hi Trent!
    Could you please add me to the list with a shipment to France?
    Thank you so much :)

28. halliwax

Great addition to that collection!!

29. Fekali

Fekali Active Member

After i took my remote from f...ing german customs i must say its an pretty awesome piece for my collection.
    It looks a way better than the MR Remote.
    But now the dark ide of the story. After 3 days of try and error and looking all how to,s my mittle ball won't float.
    I try all i can...take time and and boot after the heat in the base is to much. I hear the little sound when the base tries to work with the ball and so on.
    But it won't float. By the way i came from germany so i bought a voltage converter for US. All worked fine i think the base glow up blue. The little gizmos on the remote light up when i came in the right position but i cant find the point of float. The magnetic field don't feels like an icecream cone more like a pike and i have o balance the remote on the peak of the pike.

Perhaps someone can help me to get this great piece float. Thanks Trent you did a great job. But i'm not able to get it float.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  30. DorkDaddy

DorkDaddy New Member

Bummed I found this thread so late, but I'll commit to buying one when you can work your way down the waiting list to me.

31. Trooper_trent

You should not need any kind of Voltage converter. Germany has 230V. The included power adapter is compatible with 100 to 240V. So you only need a US to Germany plug adapter. Please confirm what you are using.

Try these steps.
    plug in the base. Next, tap the touch pad three times (Base lights turn on, then off, then on again) to put it in the correct mode that the remote will also light up. the remote lights will turn on when you're close to the right position and this will help you to know you are close. Next, hold the remote as instructed with fingers underneath to prevent it from hitting the base. Don't focus on trying to get it to float for now. Focus only on the feeling of the magnets. Just lower the remote and move it around front to back, side to side, and around in circles. Try it higher, then lower, then really low. Try to feel for the "sweet spot" where it wants to stay in the middle. It is a very small area. If you cannot find it, hold the remote VERY close, almost pushing down against the magnet so that there is more force. Do this only for 30 seconds so it does not overheat. Do it so that you can learn to feel for the sweet spot. If you still cannot feel it, then try one more thing.
    Do the same thing as above, but with the base UNPLUGGED. The remote will NOT float with it unplugged, but you want to feel the difference in when it's plugged in compared to when it's disconnected. Use that comparison to help you feel the difference.

One other member had a very similar issue in that the potentiometer became jammed in shipping. He let his remote gently tap the base to loosen it up. If you want to try that, use a towel to help protect against scratches.
    But know that if the base lights up and you can hear the "squeak" sound when you move the remote, then it is operating correctly and it will float. You only need to be patient and "feel the force" :)
    If the base is unplugged, the magnetic force will feel like this.
    Screen Shot 12-19-18 at 04.13 PM.PNG

If the base is plugged in and has the proper voltage, it will feel like this. and you can set the remote carefully inside the ring.
    Screen Shot 12-19-18 at 04.15 PM.PNG

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  32. R2trooper

R2trooper New Member

Yeah, it’s a pretty expensive camera, but I think the flux capacitor gyro blew out!! I tried to cross phase the alluvial dampers with the static compressors....shouldn’t have done that!

Johnnyfl likes this.
  33. Trooper_trent

LOL what? None of that happened. whachootalkinboutwillis?

Glad you like it! Looks good in that display. very nice. Thanks for the review and the video. Let me know if you need anything else!

enrico likes this.
  34. Trooper_trent

List updated. Thanks

enrico likes this.
  35. Johnnyfl

[QUOTE="R2trooper, post: 4557750, I tried to cross phase the alluvial dampers with the static compressors....shouldn’t have done that![/QUOTE]

You should never try that! That never works.....you could have caused a rip in our space time continuum! or at least blown a fuse! ;)

R2trooper likes this.
  36. R2trooper

R2trooper New Member

LOL, Trent, I’m just playing around. I was implying that I was that atypical horrible buyer, never happy, no matter what you do.

Your process made it very easy. Someone once said this, but I can’t remember who; “All too easy” LOL.

I hate to say it Trent, you might have yourself a full time job here....

37. halliwax

He is the man, the talents he has... these are one of a kind.

38. bluecoyote

bluecoyote Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

# 32 has arrived..I am FREAKIN STOKED..!!!!!....AWESOME...Here is a pic of it's current spot...will try to float it later after I figure out how to get the base cord hidden where I want it....and a battery backup....:):):)..... 20181220_181634.jpg

Drew Baker and Trooper_trent like this.
  39. Trooper_trent

Awesome man! Glad you like it.

I'd definitely recommend practicing with it on a coffee table or other low hard flat surface (not carpet) until you get good at floating it before putting it in it's final place if the permanent display is at a weird angle to get to like a shelf or something. Reaching up to a shelf or into a recess can make it more difficult to float it if you don't know exactly what you're feeling for with the magnets.

Good luck! Can't wait to see it all lit up and hovering!

40. GreyJediMaster

GreyJediMaster New Member

Please put me on the waiting list Trent

41. halliwax

Another awesome display!

42. Johnnyfl

Absolutely!!

43. HB1098S

Ok mine arrived! I got it balanced pretty quickly. Seriously this is cooler than my Macrobinoculars and the care in packing and the box Trent made up with the foam is just as cool as the remote. Top notch all the way from the order communication, customization questions, progress notifications, shipping, packaging, to the final reveal, just amazing. I’m 6 all over again! Thank you Trent!

So what’s your next limited run? ;)

R2trooper and Trooper_trent like this.
  44. Glen duchacek

Glen duchacek New Member

Please add me to the list. I live in the uk but shouldn’t think that will be an issue with the power.

They look amazing. Many thanks

45. Awwchit

Awwchit New Member

Would very much like to be added to the wait list. Thanks in advance.

Nils likes this.
  46. jcr

jcr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

amazing! I would like to be added to the list as well.
    thanks!

47. Trooper_trent

OK holidays are over and things are calming down here (minus the bad weather) so I'm picking back up.
    Working on 35 and 36 now over the weekend for shipment of early next week. So if you're coming up on the list, be on the lookout for a message from me in the next few days.

48. Trooper_trent

Thanks guys. Got you added.

49. Marv

Marv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just use a travel plug adapter on mine and no issues at all.

Trooper_trent likes this.
  50. Trooper_trent