Limited Run Red TROS Version Floating Jedi Training Remote Limited Edition

I know this is hard to believe but after a short time it will make me dizzy and nauseous. The only way would be to place it where I don't see it much and that would be pointless. It's a good thing I was never into video games as they make me sick as well. It has to do with the eyes. I will literally get "motion sickness" watching someone play a video game.

Sad but true so for me it's occasional spinning but then stationary.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to add me to the list please.

Thanks

I know this is hard to believe but after a short time it will make me dizzy and nauseous. The only way would be to place it where I don't see it much and that would be pointless. It's a good thing I was never into video games as they make me sick as well. It has to do with the eyes. I will literally get "motion sickness" watching someone play a video game.

Sad but true so for me it's occasional spinning but then stationary.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to add me to the list please.

Thanks

Honestly dude, it sounds like maybe this isn't the prop for you if it's going to make you sick by doing the very thing it's meant to do HAHA
When you asked for more close-ups, it's a good thing I didn't send you a 4k closeup video of it spinning really fast or you'd have barfed all over your computer. ;)

Seriously though, maybe look into a static version for much cheaper since you won't be using the floating feature much.

Last edited:
Honestly dude, it sounds like maybe this isn't the prop for you if it's going to make you sick by doing the very thing it's meant to do HAHA
When you asked for more close-ups, it's a good thing I didn't send you a 4k closeup video of it spinning really fast or you'd have barfed all over your computer. ;)

Seriously though, maybe look into a static version for much cheaper since you won't be using the floating feature much.

I want a floater. I just can't have it on all the time. I will make a nice static display for it when I need a break.

Please take my money.

LOL. If you don't start it spinning, some of them will just gently rock back and forth. Maybe you'll get lucky and get one that does that.
You can also disassemble the base and rip out the two potentiometers so that it doesn't spin by itself. It'll still float it just won't constantly spin.
But that's all you... after it's delivered LOL

List updated.

PLEASE NOTE

You guys toward the bottom of the list who are going to be waiting a good while to get one (if I even get that far down the list before having a mental breakdown lol) as well as you new members. Make sure you have your account set up so that when I PM you, you get an email or text notification. When it comes your turn, I'll send you a PM, wait a day, send another PM, wait another day and then give your slot up to the next person.
Also make sure your current email is on your account so I can send you an email as well.
I have a feeling that the longer the list gets, the more people will back out or not respond because they won't monitor the thread or come to the forum that often to see they had a missed message from me.

Someone asked me to compare this version to the Master Replica version. <see photos below> In my opinion Trent's version is even more like the original screen prop than the Master Replica version... not to mention again that it floats. :)

Prop on Display at Where Science Meets Imagination:
Prop on Display at Where Science Meets Imagination.jpg

Screen Shots from ANH:
ANH01.JPGANH02.JPGANH03.JPG

Master Replica version on Left:
IMG_20180831_031858.jpgIMG_20180831_031925.jpgIMG_20180831_031507383.jpgIMG_20180831_031516325.jpg

TFA Screen Shots:
TFA02.jpg TFA01.jpg

Last edited:
Someone asked me to compare this version to the Master Replica version. <see photos below> In my opinion Trent's version is even more like the original screen prop than the Master Replica version... not to mention again that it floats. :)

View attachment 840226

Screen Shots from ANH:
View attachment 840227View attachment 840228View attachment 840229

View attachment 840230View attachment 840231View attachment 840232View attachment 840233

TFA Screen Shots:
View attachment 840234 View attachment 840235

Freak’n crazy! Trent nailed it! Much more accurate then the MR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 840226

Screen Shots from ANH:
View attachment 840227View attachment 840228View attachment 840229

View attachment 840230View attachment 840231View attachment 840232View attachment 840233

TFA Screen Shots:
View attachment 840234 View attachment 840235

Thank you for sharing that! That's the first time I'm seeing them side by side like that.
When I was going through all of my reference and trying to accurately size my 3D parts with the known dimensions of the model pieces, I kept running into an anomoly where when they were sized right, the proportions and spacing looked off. but when I adjusted the spacing, the part were way too big. I finally came to the conclusion that although the MR did use the model parts as a starting point, the raw sphere is too big in my opinion. Look at the screen shot from ANH compared to the MR and see how everything looks more spaced out on the MR. They also got several details very wrong. Wrong Horse shoe parts, the "styrene" pieces are way too thick, the paint job is all wrong, etc. It's also that sickly yellow color, which is just not at all close to what it looked like on screen or even in person. Those museum photos came way after the MR was released so at the time, the MR is all we had to go on besides the one or two screenshots from the movie.
I do feel like I have improved these to the point that they're much more accurate than the MR version. and they're hand made by kitbashing exactly like the real one.

PLUS THEY FREAKING LIGHT UP AND FLOAT!! LOL

Yes yours is amazing and much more accurate.

Thank you to enaswede for posting those pics.

I love the MR and was super excited to see it in TFA but this Trent versions superiority in color and accuracy alone can not be denied.

Please don't burn out. I must have one of these.

I can send candy along with payment if you start to get tired approaching my name on the list.

Thanks again for making these amazing props.

Number 10 just landed. I'm the proud owner of a floating, screen accurate jedi remote! Wonderful job Trent! Just as others have said, this is an incredible prop and should not be missed if you have the chance to get one. The greeblies are sharp and crisp. The paintwork is perfect. The weathering is screen accurate and not overdone like on the Master Replicas remote. The hovering and light up feature is just absurdly cool. This is by far the nicest Star Wars collectible I own. Trent has created something very special. I do hope he will continue to offer the community these remotes for a while as I'd love others to experience the same joy owning one of these amazing pieces.

Ugh. Someone please teach me how to rotate the pictures the right way..

Attachments

• IMG_5307 (1).JPG
    IMG_5307 (1).JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Number 10 just landed. I'm the proud owner of a floating, screen accurate jedi remote! Wonderful job Trent! Just as others have said, this is an incredible prop and should not be missed if you have the chance to get one. The greeblies are sharp and crisp. The paintwork is perfect. The weathering is screen accurate and not overdone like on the Master Replicas remote. The hovering and light up feature is just absurdly cool. This is by far the nicest Star Wars collectible I own. Trent has created something very special. I do hope he will continue to offer the community these remotes for a while as I'd love others to experience the same joy owning one of these amazing pieces.

Ugh. Someone please teach me how to rotate the pictures the right way..

Using a iPhone? Hold the volume buttons on the phone so they are facing the ground, use your left thumb to take the picture by hitting the volume button

This will take the picture right side up for ha

Our power never goes out, but since I received the remote, it's gone out twice! When it does the remote slams down on the base. The first time nothing was damaged, this time a piece cracked off of a greeblie! At least it's on the bottom and won't be seen. This remote is gonna remain grounded until I can get a battery back up.

IMG_4552.JPG

Natural weathering! LOL
If you want, I can send you a new tank track to replace it. But the end result of removing the original and trying to paint match and weather match might not look as great as you'd hope. If you still have the part that chipped off, can you superglue it back on? I try to only partially cure the pieces so that they're flexible and bend rather than break, but it's not an exact science.
Let me know if you want a replacement greeblie.

Our power never goes out, but since I received the remote, it's gone out twice! When it does the remote slams down on the base. The first time nothing was damaged, this time a piece cracked off of a greeblie! At least it's on the bottom and won't be seen. This remote is gonna remain grounded until I can get a battery back up.

View attachment 840419

Scott posted a battery pack up kit you plug it into the wall and plug the remote into that

I’m going to invest in one, they aren’t bad on price, and cheap insurance.

I’ve lost power now twice, one bad wind storm, and the other I think because of all the power drainage from everyone using their AC’s in this heat

What’s funny is I keep mine above my tv, a few weeks ago the lights flickered, tv went out but the remote stayed a float!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back