Unlimited Run Floating Jedi Training Remote BUILDER'S KIT

Recently finished my Jedi remote and I am totally blown away by how AWESOME it looks. Trent is a true craftsman that takes a huge amount of pride in the kit that he produces. The attention to detail and the quality of the parts are incredible and the video tutorial made the process straight forward.
Thanks for the amazing addition to my Star Wars collection.

Attachments

• Jedi remote.mp4
    4.5 MB
Recently finished my Jedi remote and I am totally blown away by how AWESOME it looks. Trent is a true craftsman that takes a huge amount of pride in the kit that he produces. The attention to detail and the quality of the parts are incredible and the video tutorial made the process straight forward.
Thanks for the amazing addition to my Star Wars collection.
Dude! you nailed it! They're pretty fun to build huh? Thanks for posting the video. I always love seeing how these things turn out.
Best,
Trent

Sorry, I deleted a stupid question. Really enjoying the simplicity of the build and I’m about to start weathering. Getting close!

Last edited:
Sorry, I deleted a stupid question. Really enjoying the simplicity of the build and I’m about to start weathering. Getting close!
There are no stupid questions. Ask away! It might help someone else with the same question.

More kits added to the shop today.
Thanks!

Sure, I was just wondering if you or anyone had a suggestion on how to prevent the remote for suddenly vibrating after floating for a few minutes. I noticed it would do so when I bumped the desk it was on, but has worked fine for several days on a bookcase. However I would like to have it on a floating shelf and have yet to successfully do so without it beginning to vibrate after a few minutes. So far my guesses have been to perfectly level it and perhaps that the metal internal supports are interfering with it. Thanks for any suggestions, it turned out great construction-wise. And thank you for creating an awesome kit!

Update: Well, after about an hour of attempts, I got it to work. Still not sure why though, I centered it between the shelf supports and leveled it, so perhaps that was the only issue. So if you’re having trouble that might be the problem. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sure, I was just wondering if you or anyone had a suggestion on how to prevent the remote for suddenly vibrating after floating for a few minutes. I noticed it would do so when I bumped the desk it was on, but has worked fine for several days on a bookcase. However I would like to have it on a floating shelf and have yet to successfully do so without it beginning to vibrate after a few minutes. So far my guesses have been to perfectly level it and perhaps that the metal internal supports are interfering with it. Thanks for any suggestions, it turned out great construction-wise. And thank you for creating an awesome kit!

Update: Well, after about an hour of attempts, I got it to work. Still not sure why though, I centered it between the shelf supports and leveled it, so perhaps that was the only issue. So if you’re having trouble that might be the problem. Thanks!
AAHH! That's actually a great question. You may have actually solved this accidentally by just playing around with it.

I honestly don't know what the internal parts are called that cause this or why but sometimes, if the base gets a bump (can happen during shipping or if the ball falls and contacts the base) something inside can shift just slightly out of alignment and it can cause the ball to start vibrating or bouncing. If the ball lights are on, this can also cause a flicker. Simply moving the ball around close to the base to activate the magnets fixes this 99% of the time. While moving the ball around you'll actually hear a faint "squeak" sound and that's actually a good thing. I've learned that this squeak means it's loosening up and shifting the magnetic field. I know this is all "highly technical" LOL and I have no idea why it works but it does.
But yes, you should also make sure to keep the base away from anything metal or magnetic or it can absolutely interfere with its performance.

Thanks for the “technical” info! I probably accidentally fixed it but I’m glad to know how to if it ever happens again.

wesley and Dekard: Mine was great, but the one I build for a friend rattled/clicked. It turned out to be a loose screen one of the magnet housings.
At first I used lok-tite, but that let go in time, I had to add an internal tooth lock washer between the screw and PCB. I also found that the plastic on one of the cores had a crack in it, and used super-glue to shore that up.

It is quite easy to open up the unit, just be careful not to alter the two blue precision trim pots! The electrical engineer side of me assumed it was a magnetic imbalance and I adjusted one of those pots, it took literally hours to tweak them back into working position it is incredibly sensitive.

Does anyone base have a clicking sound and is there any fix for the clicking sounds coming from the base?
Does it click/rattle when you first set the remote and then stops? or does it rattle constantly?
Please message me and send me a video so I can help troubleshoot.
If it's what I think it is, it's super easy to fix but I want to step you through it so you don't accidentally damage any of the internals.

Does it click/rattle when you first set the remote and then stops? or does it rattle constantly?
Please message me and send me a video so I can help troubleshoot.
If it's what I think it is, it's super easy to fix but I want to step you through it so you don't accidentally damage any of the internals.
done. Thanks.

Last edited:
If I wanted to make my remote look like it is from TRoS what changes to the remote in addition to getting the right paint color would I have to do? Also do you still have the instructions/stencil to paint the remote base?

If I wanted to make my remote look like it is from TRoS what changes to the remote in addition to getting the right paint color would I have to do? Also do you still have the instructions/stencil to paint the remote base?
no changes (the TROS prop was basically a repainted Master Replicas) just a deviation in steps and paint colors. I have a write up of step substitutions that comes with the tutorial videos upon request when you buy a kit.

I have a few different decal sets for the base and can do custom ones on request but I never offered stencils or instructions on painting the base. Other people have done that on their own.

1623195510111.jpeg
1623195755499.jpeg

Just finished mine. The instructional videos are really well produced and it was a blast to build. It looks cool as a static prop, but when it’s lit/ floating /spinning, it’s quite impressive. I took some liberties with the weathering based on what I thought looked good in person. Awesome kit- highly recommended.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back