Unlimited Run Floating Jedi Training Remote BUILDER'S KIT

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE: The new B.Y.O.B.(Buy Your Own Ball) version of the floating training remote kits are now available at a reduced rate.

1706033839040.png

compare.png

Original Post:
Hey guys, I am so excited and proud to reveal the all new Builder's Kit version of my floating training remotes. I have been working on this for several months now behind the scenes and am finally ready to put this out there and gauge interest.

The kit includes everything you need to build one, including a full video tutorial series walking through a complete built, step by step, from start to finish. The only thing you'll need is a few minor tools which are covered in the videos below. They can be purchased in my Etsy shop here.
Paint Mask Stencils and Props by TrooperTrent

This kit is the culmination of all of my gained experience over the past year of building these non-stop for the Limited Edition. Everything you need, including all parts and materials, custom jigs, step by step tutorials going over exact placement, building techniques, paint guides, weathering techniques, and everything I've learned while making these will be released in this all inclusive kit.
The whole point of this kit was to make it as clean, simple, and fun to build as possible without ever picking up a ruler or calculating a single measurement. I have put a TON of thought and effort into organizing a complete kit that will allow even the most novice builder to end up with a truly amazing prop to be immensely proud of. Please watch my introduction video to the tutorial series and let me know if you'd like to be added to the list.

For more information on the original Limited Edition, click here. Limited Run - Floating Marksman-H Jedi Training Remote

Here's a finished kit in action

Introduction Part 1

Intro Part 2: What's included in the Kit, and what other materials will I need?

Each kit includes:
  • Sphere PRE-INSTALLED with magnets, LEDs, and copper coil, prepped, sanded, and ready to float and light up out of the box. NO ELECTRONICS EXPERIENCE NEEDED
  • electromagnetic base with lights and touch pad to change light modes
  • power adapter with US plug that is variable voltage and compatible worldwide with your country's voltage (you will need a travel plug adapter if outside the US)
  • High quality 3D printed model parts printed in resin. No prep-work, cleanup, or sanding needed
  • Machine cut vinyl decals for measuring and red circle areas
  • Machine cut styrene sheet of all styrene parts
  • custom tools and jigs for alignment, spacing, and part placement so you never have to use a ruler even once
  • machine cut light diffusers for the hatch and laser areas
  • access to a private, full multi-video tutorial series, going through a build, step by step, exactly the way I build the Limited Edition. Here you will learn all of the intricacies and details of the real prop and be able to replicate each feature down to each subtle scratch and pencil mark if you wish. Upon purchase I will send you a link to the video tutorial series. Please do not share these videos, as the work put into them is included in the purchase price.
I would also like to give a very special Thank You to everyone who was involved in the Limited Edition of 100 finished remotes as well as the mini-run of 10 red Rise of Skywalker remotes. You guys have all been AMAZING!

Trent

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 14,894
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 13,536
Last edited:
And here we go!!!

You guys don’t understand how hard of a secret this has been to keep!! Trent’s been working on this Builders kit for a LONG time!!

He’s design custom tools (jigs) to apply these parts in a easy step by step fashion. You all know what a fanatic I am of jigs, when he showed me how his worked I was blown away. I would have never thought up such a simple, yet perfect design

Wait until you see what he’s come up with!!

Seriously can’t wait to see this video series! I’ve been dying to see the weathering process!

Job well done man! You know I’ve been rooting for this since you first mentioned it.

Last edited:
Totally effing awesome, man!

Your work is inspiring, and I'd ALWAYS rather build my own than just buy an already completed prop, even IF the completed version is far more professionally finished and more beautiful than I could make it!

It's just not the same for me, if I don't get my hands dirty making it, so a kit version is right down my alley, and I'm sure plenty of other folks feel the same!

Thanks for doing this, Trent!

Hey guys, I am so excited and proud to reveal the all new Builder's Kit version of my floating training remotes. I have been working on this for several months now behind the scenes and am finally ready to put this out there and gauge interest.
The price of the Builder's Kit version will be $400 shipped to the US and includes everything you need to build one, save for a few minor tools which are covered in the videos below.
This kit is the culmination of all of my gained experience over the past year of building these non-stop for the Limited Edition. Everything you need, including all parts and materials, custom jigs, step by step tutorials going over exact placement, building techniques, paint guides, weathering techniques, and everything I've learned while making these will be released in this all inclusive kit.
The whole point of this kit was to make it as clean, simple, and fun to build as possible without ever picking up a ruler or calculating a single measurement. I have put a TON of thought and effort into organizing a complete kit that will allow even the most novice builder to end up with a truly amazing prop to be immensely proud of. Please watch my introduction video to the tutorial series and let me know if you'd like to be added to the list.

I'm currently finishing up my Limited Edition run of 100 completed remotes and then will begin putting these kits together for sale. For more information on the Limited Edition, click here. Limited Run - Floating Marksman-H Jedi Training Remote

Part 1: Introduction

Part 2: What's included in the Kit, and what other materials will I need?

Each kit includes:
  • Sphere with magnets, LEDs, and copper coil, prepped, sanded, and ready to float and light up
  • electromagnetic base with lights and touch pad
  • power adapter with US plug that is variable voltage and compatible worldwide with your country's voltage (you will need a travel plug adapter if outside the US)
  • High quality 3D printed model parts printed in resin. No prepwork or sanding needed
  • Machine cut vinyl decals for measuring and red circle areas
  • Machine cut styrene sheet of all styrene parts
  • custom tools and jigs for alignment, spacing, and part placement so you never have to use a ruler even once
  • machine cut light diffusers for the hatch and laser areas
  • access to a full multi-video tutorial series, going through a build, step by step, exactly the way I build the Limited Edition. Here you will learn all of the intricacies and details of the real prop and be able to replicate each feature down to each subtle scratch and pencil mark if you wish.
I would also like to give a very special Thank You to everyone who was involved in the Limited Edition project. You guys have all been AMAZING!

Trent

Hey Bud

I’d like to be on the list for this run. Greg McKinnon / South Shore Saber Services in case you need to contact me elsewhere on the FB Groups

-G

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back