Flintlock--Cool Score Along With Leather Greaves

Eaglewood

Sr Member
I was at this antique mall and scored this-- I think the darned thing actually works too!!! It has some rough spots, but Im going to tear it apart and redo it to make it look more aged and weathered and make sure it will function. Then Im gonna test fire this bad boy!!!!

I plan on using it for my suit which has slowly begun.
I am starting to collect many pieces and parts- here are some WW2 leather calf greaves that I scored too-- they are in awesome shape.

So the journey continues

PS-- that is a wooly mammoth jaw and tooth that it is displayed on

P1020627.JPG

P1020628.JPG

P1020631.JPG

P1020633.JPG

P1020634.JPG

been checking around this morning and found out that I can make this thing work!!! It has powder burns in it already-- watch out now!!!!!

Ok-- Yes I am crazy-- I cant help myself-- Fire, powder, lead, spark!!!!!! Here is the Flintlock-- I have it disassembled to verify that all the parts and pieces are there and working-- I took it to my local gun dealer and had it inspected-- Im good to go. Well, I couldnt really fire a lead ball in my house, so I did the next best thing-- Enjoy!!!!

Yes, I am a bit on the crazy side!!!
http://youtu.be/tCw7oTQSiOo

Ha, that looks like a heckload of fun! They're great parts that you found and i cant wait to see them all done up, its gonna look killer.

Great finds Clay! Are you going to make a working replica of the one in Predator 2? With the plaque and the whole 9 yards? That would be kickass!!

OK-- I got some lead balls and cloth patches-- I also scored another of the same type of Flintlock --It was screwed to a freaking lamp!!! Lucky it wasnt damaged.
I couldnt wait-- I put a small charge in the gun with a patch and a ball-- tried the flint-- it wouldnt spark, so I whipped out the ole propane torch--

Well, needless to say, the damned thing works!!!!

Ok-- now here is the funny part-- When I lit the powder with the torch, I was watching that and not where the darned thing was pointed-- so when it went off-- it went off!!! I hear glass breaking and **** -- now mind you, this is INSIDE my house-- Just a little powder ya know--
I couldnt see broken glass anywhere-- all the sudden I look up and see a freaking 5/8 dia hole in my wall and start saying--OH **** OH ****!!

Thought I blew a hole completely thru the outside wall-- Lucky I just used a little powder-- It went thru the drywall, hit the drywall on the other side and knocked the glass out of a picture that I had hanging on the wall.
I see a bump on the wall behind the picture and when I pressed it, I hear a lead ball fall to the ground between the walls!!!!!

So I guess I need to get the flint figured out so I dont have to use the torch anymore. This is gonna be killer when I use a full charge and take it somewhere I can really shoot it!!!

MY evening of fun!!!!

I was in my new studio. I was playing with the .36 cal one that has a percussion cap-- I blew a freaking hole thru the metal door-- Boy is the landlord gonna be pissed------

Well, I sent the flintlocks off to a friend who combined the best of both of them and I will have one real actual working .65 cal flintlock. The other one will be just for wall hanging, so I am thinking that is the one I am going to modify for my suit. That way I can do whatever modifications I want to it!

Cant wait to shoot this bad boy-- (but not in my shop obviously!!))

Dont worry, Ill youtube it for sure!

Got this back from my friend who was making it actually work-- well, me being me couldnt wait to shoot the darned thing, so I have a target box-(metal box on legs) set up in my studio--I know I know-- LOL I dropped some powder in this bad boy, rammed home a patch and ball, primed it and here we go--

Well, being the first time I have actually every fired a working Flintlock, wasnt sure what to expect-- I aimed, pulled the trigger and it went, sparks flew, but nothing-- so I ****** it again, pulled the trigger sparks flew, and about a 1/2 second later--WOW-- well, that 1/2 second delay was enough for me to move the barrel just a bit--Now I have a 5/8 diameter hole all the way thru a metal door. I dont know what it did to the other side-- but I really have a little explaining to do--

So now I cant wait to put a full charge in ths thing -- out on some property where I wont worry about it
Ill video it for sure

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back