Flight Pod 1/72 scale scratch build/kitbash 1 day build

Collektor

FlightPod.jpg

FlightPod02.jpg

FlightPod03.jpg

FlightPod04.jpg

FlightPod022.jpg

I had been wanting to do a quick and dirty kitbash/scratch build of a small ship of my own design, just a small simple build to pass an afternoon. I had in mind some kind of organic looking ship that floated. After hunting around in the bits boxes I came up with a few nicely curved sections that gave me a streamlined and organic look to the ship. I kept adding a few more bits here and there to round out the look and shape. I few parts were heated up and bent into shape and then attached.

My original plan for displaying it was to have it hovering over a simple base on a stand of clear plastic. After looking it over I decided that there was no sense of any scale to it, it could've been the size of a 747 or Mini Cooper as far as the casual viewer would be concerned. Since the parts I'd used were all mostly from 1/72 kits, I decided that was going to be the scale. I dug into the bits some more and came up with some more parts that could be made to work as a landing deck for it to hover over. Some more scrounging and I came up with air force ground crew figure and that tied the scene together. My simple plan for doing a quick kit bash had turned into a mini diorama. I finally stopped myself before I wound up trying to shoehorn in LED lights on the landing deck.

Maybe quickly but efficiently!
Did you have time to take photos during the WIP? Due to the short assembling time, I'm afraid you did not...

Looks cool, something different, it's funny how as soon as you add the size of the man it looks to me like an alien drone, if the man was a tenth of the size it would be a ship. Looks great at any scale;).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back