flexible glues?

th3 pr3dat0r

hey guys, i dont think this has been answered before so ill give it a go. are there any flexible glues, that in a gallon worth are cheaper than a gallon of latex? i know keefer did it but im looking to get something at a local hardware store.

There was flexbond. I'm not sure what the price was, but it was used in an upholstuery foam Predalien costume. It looked pretty effective.

i looked it up, its about 40 bucks for a gallon, did he put the coat on top of the uphulstry? because i may try the t shirt, foam muscle thing to save cash. and my dad is doubting me that is wont work. is it lightweight and flexible? one more thing, does the kind you have to mix work?

i looked it up, its about 40 bucks for a gallon, did he put the coat on top of the uphulstry? because i may try the t shirt, foam muscle thing to save cash. and my dad is doubting me that is wont work. is it lightweight and flexible? one more thing, does the kind you have to mix work?

Yeah, he glued it together with it, and coated it on top of it. He did this to make sure the paint held... Let me find the thread...

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...pic=7919&hl

DAMN! It appears all the images are broken... Let me see...

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc89/go...ien%20Tutoriel/

There.

my dad has told me just to stick with latex.... but what ever, i like latex more than glue, it was to try to save money. this thread can be closed since my questions been answered =)

Well, latex isn't really a good glue. More of a reinforcer.

It needs to be gellish and tacky enough to hold until it cures.

Latex has the consistancy of whole milk.

The glue worked well, especially for me being a noob and latex wasnt easy to come by.....it still to this day is working out very well. I do hear that latex is approximately the same price though, so if given the option, I probably would give the latex a shot.....but I am very very happy with how the glue worked out! I too was very very skeptical using glue...but it worked!

i know but its for the mr incredible suit, like keefer used glue, so i had my choices flexible glue or latex

hey guys, i dont think this has been answered before so ill give it a go. are there any flexible glues, that in a gallon worth are cheaper than a gallon of latex? i know keefer did it but im looking to get something at a local hardware store.

Gorilla glue is awesome stuff dude, it's tough, durable & waterproof! i'd recommend it...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back