flexdesigns suits

gromitbassist

Hello,

Has anyone looked into those flexdesigns bodybuilder suits? I'm at the stage of where I need to think about the "skin" I'll be using. Latex or the bodybulder suit (and paint it on my own). Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!!

Your welcome.

I was going to raz you about not searching but I couldn't find it when I searched for it, so there was no room to talk.

Ya I was hoping to not get beatin up to bad about asking. I remember my days in another "costume forum". They were super harsh. I'm making my own AVP armor and the only hard part about it all is choosing whish skin form to go with.

I can understand the hesitation. Sometimes the silly questions are most humanly ignored since it's that or get a harsh response.

I don't think this Q is silly though. It's one that been going back and forth because there are people that are allergic to latex and others are worried about the heat. I've got full latex. But there are tons of latexed over super heroes here. I'd love to do a flexdesign suit like that because it would still look incredible not latexed and it forms fits well.

I think the best advantage would be if you can make it look killer without latexing it. But obviously, they look killer after latexing too. Some people really like the shiny finish that you can't get with a cloth skin. That's something you need to decide.

I was reading about the breathability of the fabric suit as well as the ability to move easier. Thoughts on a spraying of colors and a "shiny clear coating"?

I don't know how well that would work. If your spraying a shiny clear coat you'd be essentially sealing it. PermaWet was intended to be flexible, so it would be what I would try. But I think that would be defeating the purpose.

The compromise would seam to be a fitted(kind of taylored) suit then latexed up. You'd still be covered in latex.

I haven't been in a cloth body suit so I can't compare.

I don't know how well that would work. If your spraying a shiny clear coat you'd be essentially sealing it. PermaWet was intended to be flexible, so it would be what I would try. But I think that would be defeating the purpose.

The compromise would seam to be a fitted(kind of taylored) suit then latexed up. You'd still be covered in latex.

I haven't been in a cloth body suit so I can't compare.

I emailed Badger Paints paint engineer months ago (11/18/10) and received no response regarding a shiny topcoat over their fabric paints. I also went to a local art supply store and made inquiries about inks and top coats. Foremost, I have finding it EXTREMELY difficult to locate FWinks for a reasonable price. This store quit selling them because no one was buying them, so Golden products are all they offer. Golden's airbrush inks, which come as either opaque or transluscent, "supposedly" contain more pigment than FWinks. I'll be trying the transluscent version, thinned with isopropyl alcohol 60/40, sometime in the future. As for top coating, "the guy
pointed me to one of Golden's additives that was "supposed" to give it a gloss finis. I don't recall the name, offhand, but it is more than likely on Golden's website. I plan on giving it a whirl, because it does not seem that anyone on The Lair has tried it; has anyone? Living in Florida, coupled with HORRIBLE allergies, leaves me either suffering or finding an alternative means, such as the flexdesign (Though, being bull-headed, I still may choose to suffer, HA!)...

Interesting thoughts. With all that armor for the AVP Predator I was just thginking if it was actually worth it to get a "shine" on so little of area where there's no armor.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back