Flash Gordon (1980) Rocket Cycle Model - FULLY FINISHED PICS!!

cking

Sr Member
Hi everyone,

With a massive amount of excitement, I am thrilled to be able to share with you these pics of the fully finished Hawkman Rocket Cycle model from the 1980 Flash Gordon movie.

This has been built and finished by the extremely talented Pete SSS. I want to publicly give my thanks to Pete for dealing with all of my comments and countless photoshop adjustments that he took on board throughout the many months of the project. Prior to the physical build, SteveStarkiller spent many weeks creating a 3D model in sketch-up so we could be sure that the proportions and sizes accurately matched the full size movie prop, but were scaled down to suit the 7 inches tall action figure (manufactured by Bif Bang Pow).

Here are the pics of something I've waited 31 years for!
FLASH GORDON APPROACHING...on a Hawkman Rocket Cycle!

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-01.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-06.jpg

Rocket-Cycle-COMPLETED-04.jpg

Last edited:
That is pretty awesome.I haven't seen that film since I was a little tyke. Certainly nostalgic and in retrospect..."cheesy", but in a good way.It makes me think of the way movies were suppose to be.You did a fine job sir.

Thanks for all your comments guys!

This has been a bit of a marathon build for me, but I am really happy with the results. A lot of credit for the accuracy of this kit has to go to Chris (cking). He has a REAL eye for detail and must be one of the world authorities on this particular piece!

Great job Pete!
it's amazing to see my cg model work on this project brought to life.

Huge congrats to Chris, and I have to admit, more than a little jealousy. If I'd had a dream like his, that was executed as well as your model, Pete, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

How cool is this! love it and the little flags simply cracks me up, pure 70s Sci-Fi , I know it came out 1980 but the style is so in line with some of those 70s Sci-Fi flicks.
giphy.gif

How cool is this! love it and the little flags simply cracks me up, pure 70s Sci-Fi , I know it came out 1980 but the style is so in line with some of those 70s Sci-Fi flicks.

It's a little known fact that decades and centuries begin on the year ending in "1" and end on the year ending in "0," So, you're in luck! Flash Gordon (1980) technically did come out in the 1970s!

(I know this is counter intuitive, but thems the wraps.)

--Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back