Flash Costume Questions

danburnsjla15

So its been years since I posted (sorry, haven't had any serious cosplay commitments since then) but now I've got a big one planned. It's going to be either The Flash, or Robin. Flash will probably be based around the Justice League movie Ezra Miller version, and Robin would be my own design.

But anyway, my question at the moment in this decision stage is, would the flash costume still work if I couldn't manage to make a helmet for it that looks good and fits with the costume? I know this seems small, but this topic is actually worrying me, I've been wanting to do The Flash for ages, and the helmet is my biggest obstacle, so I wanted to know if I'd still be safe with it if I ended up not having a helmet. Thanks for any advice anyone can give, you're all always so hopeful in matters like this

2694718736491751712c5518ebce1c06.jpg

I think it would work fine without, you can always add it later if it bugs you. What about the military helmet version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man, I should have worded my question better (this is my fault) XD I meant like the armoured cowl style helmet thing that is used on the film version of the Flash with the armoured look to it. Sorry about that, and thanks for the advice anyway :)

Last edited:
That's really good, I'm feeling slightly better about this now, thanks! I think I could probably get the ezra miller hairstyle from the trailers to make it work as well tbf

Okay so, I'll make a new thread when I get round to making this costume just in case anyone wanted to keep up with the project. I'm trying some new techniques that I've never used before and will probably want to share them with you guys and maybe ask for advice if I get stuck on anything. I'll be starting the project in summer (like late June/early July time) so check back then to see how the project is going :D

Also, has anybody found any good shots of the Ezra Miller Flash costume from the back? I have a couple but they're not great quality, so if anyone else has any good ones they'd really come in handy, thanks

There are a lot of great foam files out there now that more of the costume has been shown and creating the helmet doesn't seem like it will too hard a task since it is much more rigid and structure than CW's Urethane version.

So like I'm trying to start building a CW Savitar suit. Since I'm hella short (5'5/5'6ish) I'm trying to find a way to build some digi stilts to use with the suit. Anyone know an easy an affordable way build some decent ones? Keep in mind the LEDs are probably gonna cost a lot so I'm trying to stay kinda cheap? So can y'all hit me with some suggestions on stilts, mechanical arm or LEDs? Greatly appreciated thx :)

I think you might be okay without stilts tbf, if you look at a lot of the EVA foam iron man costumes, they tend to make solid boot covers out of the thick (5-10mm) foam that go underneath the shoe you're wearing underneath. If you try that approach with your Savitar suit then you should easily be able to add some height. If you still want more height then I'd maybe get a thick (like 15-20mm) wooden board, and cut it to the shape of your shoe sole. Then just attach it to the bottom of your shoe and build a boot cover out of foam again; this could add like couple of inches at least. I know its not exactly stilts, but its a good way to add height that I know of. The only other suggestion I would make is, look for tutorials on how to add platforms to shoes, and try and edit the method a bit to better fit creating stilts with a stable base.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back