Fitting LED's

herofan1

Hello. can anyone help with a 'how to' on fitting LED's into a bio helmet.I have the LED's and know how to solder them. What i'm stuck on is fixing the lights to the shroud that on the side of the helmet. I have 5mm bright LED's which seem large compared to the holes in the shroud ( i thought the lamps would just slide into the shroud and it's job done) . Is their a thread on here that i can't find or any tips would be great. As i said it's not the wiring i'm after but how you fix the bulbs to the shroud. thanks. (y)

dremmel out the shroud so the bulbs fit. or just dremmel the back side so the bulbs have a pit to rest in. you don't need to dremmel all the way out to the front.

it's basically to how ever recessed you want them in the shroud.

dremmel out the shroud so the bulbs fit. or just dremmel the back side so the bulbs have a pit to rest in. you don't need to dremmel all the way out to the front.

it's basically to how ever recessed you want them in the shroud.
xdmray, thanks for the reply. do you then glue them to the the back of the shroud. i had wondered if this was the way but was worried that the glue may affect the bulb..

It's best not to use super glue on LEDs. The fumes from the cyanocylate can fog the clear lens of the LED. It would be better to use 5 minute epoxy or even hot glue.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back