Fishy Creature - original concept

Gives off a 1922 Schreck Nosferatu vibe.

I LOVE IT. Great job.
Thanks, you're the second person I've heard from to see a hint of Nosferatu in this sculpt... so there must have been something going on subliminally when I was working on it, that I wasn't consciously aware of at the time. Looking at it now I think I can see what you mean and I'm happy if that's in there somewhere, because Nosferatu is a favourite film that still creeps me out whenever I watch it :)

Very Nice art work, I wish I had me some good sculpting clay Oh well one day, Thanks for sharing and Great work keep it up

It has a '50s look...you know those old Sci-Fi movies I'm sure;)
Oh right I see what you mean :) I guess that I've been absorbing a lot of influences over the years and they all got meshed together when I tried to come up with my own concept for a fish/man hybrid creature . It's been really interesting to read the different interpretations that people get when they view this piece and I really appreciate all the feedback, cheers!

I was thinking this an older fishman with the long face...btw I just watched Adam Savage's look at "I Am Mother" and the bot suit. You guys amaze me.

I was thinking this an older fishman with the long face...btw I just watched Adam Savage's look at "I Am Mother" and the bot suit. You guys amaze me.
Thanks for the reply, I actually started this sculpt as a character study of an old man that I then tweaked and played around with until I eventually worked out the concept for the fish man that you see here. There's virtually nothing left of the original portrait but maybe a few elements that do remain are showing through just enough to give the impression of age that you've noticed. Anyway thanks again for your interest and for your comments...much appreciated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back