first try at feet!!!

carpe noctem

this is my first try at making low budget feet for my daughters suit, i use expanding spray foam on old pair of boots...feel free to give me any ideas!!!!

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8154.JPG

nice base, but try to edge out the toes a bit more(not so round)

you going to coat it with some caulk, latex or plasti dip afterwards to make them rigid?

hurry up and finish this bro. i want to see them done!

heres an update, not painted yet just covered in latex and nails are pieces of backerod hot glued then covered in latex again, maybe another coat of latex then i, last coat of latex will add some paint to it and brush it as to give it some color..

IMG_8165.JPG

IMG_8168.JPG

Thats a really cool idea of budget feet. Looking in to making some myself.

What expanding foam did you use? and how did you sculpt them in to shape?

nice good fella!!!

Hunter

Thats a really cool idea of budget feet. Looking in to making some myself.

What expanding foam did you use? and how did you sculpt them in to shape?

nice good fella!!!

Hunter
thank, its an expanding foam(great stuff is the name) to fill cracks ,comes in a spray,there are few brands,and also few expanding ratios, for example theres one that doubles in size but theres one that almost expands like 5 or 6 times.. let it dry, shape it with a knife as close as u can get, then i sanded it with a coarse sand paper.... heres a pic i used as an example from someone here and these are way way way better than mine, but my sculpting skills are not that good.... let us know of your progress when u make yours!!

foam_spray_00.jpg

IMG_0160.JPG

Nice job! I have made lots of Halloween props in the past with great stuff.a trick I found is when it gets tacky but doesn't stick to your finger...dip your finger in water and keep it wet,then gently tap the foam and it with get a leathery, almost wrinkly looking skin to it almost instantly.I made alot of corpses skin this way.

With this method,the foam shrinks slightly and hardens.by tapping it gently (wet) and vigorously,you can pretty much shape it.I took some large balloons,blew them up and secured them down to a board and taped down wax paper around it.n small doses I sprayed the foam over them,they tacked up,I wet patted them and did a nice job shaping.when fully dry,I popped the balloons and Woolah! I had instant alien eggs! Some I cut four triangles,taped them on top in a circle, covered the ball on and triangles,shaped the wettened foam,popped them and got nice opened eggs.at the base I trailed the foam like entrails to look like the movie goo around them.plus it keeps them upright wherever you set them.pull off the wav paper,primer,spray,generous clear enamel.....wet gooey looking alien eggs.
Though not predator ...thought I would share this trick as I have taken alot from this Lair and will give anyway I can.

Chris

both the feet and armour looks GREAT!

are u gonna cover the feet in liquid latex? lol i just read that u have!!! well, did it work out?

i just carved out a foot too, only from soft foam. im thinking of covering it in latex, but not sure yet.....

well my friend this is the best i can do, i cant paint for ****, my feet and my suit 's paint job looks like hell but here they are , people can tell me do this to them but, skills as a painter i never had, not that as a sculptor i have any , i wont even try that.. but for halloween they do ,its gonna be dark out anyway lol, plus most people outside the lair have no clue lol.... ps maybe i just paint everything black and leave toes out...

IMG_8235.JPG

Dude, they are awesome. Still looking and getting around to making mine. I think the paint good is good as well as the sculpting. Awesome finish fella.

Quick Q - how does the foam take to walking in them? As in does in flex enough, crack or pull away from the boot?

they are just fine, the thing with most feet anyway u cant walk the same way , u try your best not to fley the feet completly because of the claws, you dont want them to drag or scrape in the floor anyway, so careful walking is kinda requiered ,

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back