First time silicone mask advice needed!

skeletonscare

Hello all, I've started progress towards creating an original silicone mask for wear this Halloween. That said, I'm stuck between my options for a core.

Option number one: David Mosher FX generic lifecast form:
http://www.davidmosherfx.com/STORE.html

Option number two: Neill's Materials silicone mask armature:
https://www.neillsmaterials.co.uk/product/silicone-mask-armatures/

Anybody make a silicone mask with the Mosher form before? I'm a little worried because of its 24 inch head diameter when it had 22 inches recommended to me for silicone mask making, but it is a little bit cheaper after shipping and I've heard good things about it. and FX silicone masks are made on lifecasts all the time as far as I know. On the other hand, the Neill's armature is made with a gap for lip cupping and is reduced in areas for a better, more snug fit for maximum movement.

Any help would be fantastic! PS: I was going to make my own armature by blending a facecast of mine into a clay base but it isn't working out fantastic, and I might sell copies if it comes out well :cool.

I would get the Neill one. I held off on the Mosher one because of the size

I'm considering it. Partially just wish a company with a decent 3D printer and a headscan would reduce a scan and print it, mold it, cast it, and make it more accessible to the layman like me.

I made my very first silicone mask many many years ago off of the Mosher Head. The size was an issue.
I would recommend the Mosher Head to anyone for latex mask making, mine lasted a very long time. For silicone? For my money, you’re much better off going with the Neill’s Materials Head.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back