Peter Parke 67

Hi, So I decided to build a batman armor for myself but unfortunate I haven't done anything similar before. I heard that foam is what am supposed to make it from but what type of foam exactly? Is there any cheaper material you would recommand? As for the suit I'll be building I was sinking maybe pattison suit or tdk. I am looking for something ntimidating and very scary so if you have other batsuits recommendations I'll gladly take them. Finally do I need a laser cuter or can I jus print the pattern and cut it by hand?

Most people use EVA Foam. It's easy to get on Amazon or more specialized places. My local Hobby Lobby now has a small section devoted to Cosplay that includes several sizes and even foam dowels and other useful shapes. Most people glue it with contact cement. When you buy your foam you'll need to pick the thickness. Some of that will depend on what you're comfortable with and what you're making.

You can not paint the foam without sealing, So before painting it seal with something like Platidip (you can use brush on or spray on). Some people use thinned Elmers glue. There are a lot of options, you might have to experiment to find what you like. YouTube has a ton of videos on making Batman suits with foram. Good luck... and have fun

Most people use EVA Foam. It's easy to get on Amazon or more specialized places. My local Hobby Lobby now has a small section devoted to Cosplay that includes several sizes and even foam dowels and other useful shapes. Most people glue it with contact cement. When you buy your foam you'll need to pick the thickness. Some of that will depend on what you're comfortable with and what you're making.

You can not paint the foam without sealing, So before painting it seal with something like Platidip (you can use brush on or spray on). Some people use thinned Elmers glue. There are a lot of options, you might have to experiment to find what you like. YouTube has a ton of videos on making Batman suits with foram. Good luck... and have fun
thx man. do I have to get different thickness depending on the pieces? and do I make the template by hand or is there a place to get it?

You may want to make some pieces thicker or thinner for strength, shape, fit etc.

You should go download Pepakura (it's free) which is used to unfold models and make templates. You can find templates for Batman armor and cowls. Some are free but there are also ones you have to purchase. You can make your own templates by hand (or computer), but if you're just starting out that can be hard. As a beginner it's much easier to get someone else's templates (even if you have to pay for them). The only warning about using free or purchase templates is that you will likely have to scale them to fit you. That's why you need Pepakura. The software will allow you to take somebody's model and scale it, then print it and off you go. Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to explain figuring out the scaling. When I do it it takes a few tries to get it right.

You may want to make some pieces thicker or thinner for strength, shape, fit etc.

You should go download Pepakura (it's free) which is used to unfold models and make templates. You can find templates for Batman armor and cowls. Some are free but there are also ones you have to purchase. You can make your own templates by hand (or computer), but if you're just starting out that can be hard. As a beginner it's much easier to get someone else's templates (even if you have to pay for them). The only warning about using free or purchase templates is that you will likely have to scale them to fit you. That's why you need Pepakura. The software will allow you to take somebody's model and scale it, then print it and off you go. Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to explain figuring out the scaling. When I do it it takes a few tries to get it right.
thx man. I found this pepakura templates for the battison armor : The Batman - Versão Alpha - Projetos - RW 3D Studios.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back