First time building making a prop helmet and have no idea about the electronics. W.I.P Phase 1 Clone trooper helmet.

TheClutteredDes

So being my first time even attempting a prop helmet and with custom electronics in gonna be struggling to figure out how to make a servo work inside of a old 2008 kids clone trooper voice changer helmet.

My idea is to make the old toy helmet looks like a actual clone helmet by fixing the shape of the visor, doing alot of gap filling and adding a range finder what will be electronically moved via a micro servo in the right side of the helmet, I want to use the old button for the voice changing aspect of the helmet to control the range finders movement so I do t have to move it by hand probably is I have no idea how to do so, I know it's a long shot in the dark but any ideas

Attachments

• 41PfzM8q4ML._SX425_.jpg
    41PfzM8q4ML._SX425_.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 84
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 449
I'd suggest you go watch some videos on that. Is relatively easy if you have worked with electronics and a servo motor that is limited. You just run a power supply to the button and the button to the servo and then the ground wire back.

I'd suggest you go watch some videos on that. Is relatively easy if you have worked with electronics and a servo motor that is limited. You just run a power supply to the button and the button to the servo and then the ground wire back.

I've seen some on YouTube and alot require two buttons what isn't what I'm trying to do, I want it all to runs off one button as in I press the button it comes down and stays then on another press it goes back up to its resting position

I know electronics and have just worked out servos for my project, what electronics are in the helmet now?

This is the board what's Inside the helmet and I've already guessed I can't use it for what I want, but I've been looking into it and I've hopefully bought the parts I need to achieve what I'm after, just need to make the range finder.

Also this is the current progress on the helmet transformation

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_194229.jpg
    IMG_20190627_194229.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20190627_194415.jpg
    IMG_20190627_194415.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20190627_233940.jpg
    IMG_20190627_233940.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back