First time Batman armor

RingDeacon

I am new to the board and new to armor fabrication. I am starting with a Batman construct. I have done fabric suits growing up and done lots of makeup fx but this is my first armor.

the chest

the legs, chest, biceps, shoulders, gauntlets

closeup of gauntlet

belt buckle

Functional pouches

Belt started

cowl

ok the cowl is store bought. For now it will due till I can get a Revez cowl. Don't have the funds yet for that.

I am planning to just plasti dip the armor and then paint it. After that I am going to attach it to a compression shirt and pants. I also have a pair of work boots I am going to paint ant craft shin gaurds for. I willbe posting more pictures soon.

What color are you doing the armor in? If your going gray and black I suggest just painting it all with plasti dip since its flexible and durable. Lowes ( well at least my local one ) has like every color and the gray looks really good. I used it for my belt and the little boot covers for my origins costume

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 210
I used black plasti dip for the primer and smoke grey krylon for the top coat. It gave it a more armored look. Love your suit btw. My cape and the legs are the only thing giving me issues at the moment. I am planing to do my belt more gold/bronze than flint it in grey too.

I used black plasti dip for the primer and smoke grey krylon for the top coat. It gave it a more armored look. Love your suit btw. My cape and the legs are the only thing giving me issues at the moment. I am planing to do my belt more gold/bronze than flint it in grey too.
Thanks I'm redoing the abs in thinner foam cause the thickness of the floor tiles I used makes me look fat lol

Thanks I'm redoing the abs in thinner foam cause the thickness of the floor tiles I used makes me look fat lol
Check out Walmart, they have 5mm yoga mats. I think they are 12.00. They should work quite well. Also there is an alternative too the floor squares, also at Walmart is a roll of work out flooring that is the same material as the squares but thiner

Check out Walmart, they have 5mm yoga mats. I think they are 12.00. They should work quite well. Also there is an alternative too the floor squares, also at Walmart is a roll of work out flooring that is the same material as the squares but thiner
I usually get the silly winks foam from hobby lobby since they have all kinds of thicknesses

Updated!!! I finally found the time to work some more on the top part of the suit. Chest, arms, shoulders, and gauntlets done. I will be adding the bat later today. Still not sure if I want to make the boots from foam or just buy a pair. Here are some new pics.

I added the bat logo the other night. It is made of 2mm foam hat I covered with 2 layers of plasti dip then a layer of black paint and clear coat. The over all effect gave it a leather look.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back