First suit.....crunch time

JoeSomebody369

Hey Everyone,

I originally had an old thread titled "Costume in the making". Most of my work done on that thread was my first attempt at anything like this before. After learning a lot from many different lair members I took a look at my first set of foamies armor and decided to see how everything looked. I suited up and I was very disappointed in how the shoulders, bicep armor, belt turned out. So here are the pics of the belt and 1 shoulder armor in progress. Also, I'm not going to be using spray paint anymore gonna give it a go with some acrylic paints and have a go at weathering and see how these turn out. This will be my main thread now as pieces are remade I will post them.

Test fitting all the pieces except the gauntlets and shin guards. backpack isnt attached either yet need a few pads of velcro first. The belt isnt attached right either. threading a different belt through the material. For right now the belt was just tucked under and the buckle was on by a small piece of velcro. Just wanted to see how it looked so far....ENJOY

img3342g.th.jpg.png
img3343l.th.jpg.png
img3344p.th.jpg.png
img3345l.th.jpg.png

(feet painted up with sponges....heres how they match up with mask/skin)
New_shoulder_bell.jpg

(backpack made from cardboard, foamies, and wood. Cannon made from cardboard, foamies, spray paint caps, paintball barrel)
New_belt.jpg

Should___Bicep_paint.jpg

New_belt_paint.jpg

Mask___feet.jpg

First attempt at Shoulder Cannon
1002101842.jpg

Shoulder Cannon paint up (still need some foam on the cardboard edges to cover up that rough line)
shoulder_cannon_paint.jpg

New Shoulder vs Old Shoulder
shouldbackpack.jpg

Shoulder + Bicep armor paint up
Cannon_arm_foam.jpg

New Belt vs Old Belt
Cannon_attached.jpg

New Belt paint up
downsized_1008101757.jpg

Mask teeth + new feet arrival!
feet.jpg

up next finish the back pack I have in the works, new gauntlet blades, paint feet....Enjoy, let me know what you all think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks good so far. the only thing id have to comment on would be the Growing piece.. its lookin kinda long. or it could be the way it was taken in photo. gl with everything else.

Hey Joe!
Looks good man! I think the length of the groin armor is good probly is just the angle of the photo. At least it looks bout the same as mine, mine goes down to about the middle of my knee's. keep up the good work bro.

Everything looks good so far. the only thing id have to comment on would be the Growing piece.. its lookin kinda long. or it could be the way it was taken in photo. gl with everything else.

Hey Preds,

Yeah its just the way the photo was taken. Like Bizens, it comes to about the middle of my knees. The other one was way to short. Thank you =)

Hey guys,

Updated the pictures on the first post, shoulder + bicep armor just painted, new belt is painted.

***Complete List***

Shoulders + Bicep Paint (complete)
New Belt (complete)
Thigh Armor (complete)
Gloves (complete)
Skin (complete)
Mask (complete)

***In Progress***

Blade gauntlet (need to make new blades)
Backpack (need to make cannon + paint)
Shin armor (not started)
Bomb gauntlet (not started)
Chest armor (not started)
Feet paint (not started)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back