First step for my predator suit

Fohammer

I wanted to say thanks for keeping those tutorials up. I did some reading through them and i thought i would start with a Bio helm.

first i started with a rough doodle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I divided my helm into 7 major pieces of cardboard which I assembled together using masking tape to get the basic shape.

I paper mache' the mask after the last picture.

i put a light base paint on so i could see where the shadows fell. I also drew some black lines on as a reference to where the shapes i wanted to make to add texture. i have applied a little bit on clay on the front so i could hopefully create a more define mask.

mask_at_work.jpeg

Looks really good man. Keep it up!

Thank you I appreciate it.

I added more muscle to my suit and then completely latexed it. This is a picture of when I did the latex primer paint over the chest.

I had some issues with my bio helm. The clay cracked when it dried so I filled it in with glue and went over it with a compound mud. It is ready to be sanded down and then sealed.

latexed_and_primed.jpeg

bio_helm_2.0.jpeg

I finished papermache the left shoulder armor and medkit.

The next picture is of my hands and the single gauntlet I made. I need to make one more gauntlet and insert the blades.

The picture of the toy is what I used to make the caster-gun from.

medkit_and_armor.jpeg

guantlet_and_hands.jpeg

toygun.jpeg

I'm having a little trouble with airbrushing the suit. I already decided the three colors primary colors I was going to use. Flesh tone, Red Earth and black. With these three I should be able to blend them to give me colors that range in between.

The problem is i kinda painted myself into a corner. Should I have gone less red around the definition of abs and chest?

suit_paint1.jpeg

suit_paint2.jpeg

added more texture and shading to the suit. A started with some normal spots on the chest, they blend down into just the darker area when it goes back the pecks. after it blends it goes into a more classic stripe towards the bottom. Here is what the upper torso is starting to look like.

freckled_chest.jpeg

Nice suit man, do you have any new pics of the Bio. I would really like to see the final form of it. Thanks and keep us posted on your work.

I used a roman warrior kilt and airbrushed it peal copper. attached blades to gauntlets. added fishnet to suit.
painted helm. completed skull trophy mount for back.

will add pictures by noon today. at work atm

these were my hands before completion. I added black to fingertips and knuckles. a little earth red and brown to tone it down a bit.

hands.jpeg

not to shabby for 250.

weather up those bones and armor some more and see where it takes your creation remember a predator isn't clean and perfect :)

not to shabby for 250.

weather up those bones and armor some more and see where it takes your creation remember a predator isn't clean and perfect :)

will still work on it before halloween and after that. I really liked him without the medpack. It just seemed like there was too much going on. here is a picture of the gauntlet.

gauntlet.jpeg

did some changes to my suit and netting. I can now use the bathroom without taking it off. Changed the color of my loin cloth. And added some leg armor and the caster gun.

pred_at_home.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back